Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 398711 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:01 AM »
So if the PJ didn't investigate phone records, why did they collect them?

Such a silly question.  Why did they not investigate?  Don't you think?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
Such a silly question.  Why did they not investigate?  Don't you think?

It's not a silly question. There is no evidence they didn't investigate.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 07:23:57 AM »

The PJ didn't have to investigate anything...they solved the case...they just didn't have any evidence and could not get a confession

Offline Brietta

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »

There is substantial evidence they did investigate the phone evidence. They just didn't investigate it thoroughly enough to note the calls made by those who appear to have been petty burglars, who were in communication and who were in PDL at the appropriate time.
That the evidence was there is indisputable ... the PJ found it as did Operation Grange ... seven years down the line.

They concentrated everything on Madeleine's parents and Murat and cast the net no further.

Robert Murat and his associates were thoroughly investigated ... as an arguido that was perfectly in order.

Madeleine's parents and their friends were also scrutinised ... as the people closest to the missing child ... again a proper investigative strategy.

That a measure of cross checking was carried out is apparent from Inspector Paulo Diaz' report ...

2.0. METHODOLOGY

a) In the first phase, we proceeded to a careful reading of the files taking notes of the elements that could contribute, in any way, to the composition of the chronograms of the facts. From that reading is clear that much of the proof is testimonial.

b) So, at this phase, we compared the declarations of the Ocean Club's employees with the phone registries of the 3 operators, to figure out if there is any incongruence between the depositions made and their presence at the place, when they claimed that they were absent from that locality.
http://madeleinemccannfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/PJ-1a-1s-Intelligence-Analysis-Report-05-02-08-PJ-Inspector-Paulo-Dias_29.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »
There is substantial evidence they did investigate the phone evidence. They just didn't investigate it thoroughly enough to note the calls made by those who appear to have been petty burglars, who were in communication and who were in PDL at the appropriate time.
That the evidence was there is indisputable ... the PJ found it as did Operation Grange ... seven years down the line.

They concentrated everything on Madeleine's parents and Murat and cast the net no further.

Robert Murat and his associates were thoroughly investigated ... as an arguido that was perfectly in order.

Madeleine's parents and their friends were also scrutinised ... as the people closest to the missing child ... again a proper investigative strategy.

That a measure of cross checking was carried out is apparent from Inspector Paulo Diaz' report ...

2.0. METHODOLOGY

a) In the first phase, we proceeded to a careful reading of the files taking notes of the elements that could contribute, in any way, to the composition of the chronograms of the facts. From that reading is clear that much of the proof is testimonial.

b) So, at this phase, we compared the declarations of the Ocean Club's employees with the phone registries of the 3 operators, to figure out if there is any incongruence between the depositions made and their presence at the place, when they claimed that they were absent from that locality.
http://madeleinemccannfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/PJ-1a-1s-Intelligence-Analysis-Report-05-02-08-PJ-Inspector-Paulo-Dias_29.html

The petty burglar bit has been done to death.
Burglars don't nick kids nor do burglars go into kids rooms as there is usually nothing of value in there.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »
The petty burglar bit has been done to death.
Burglars don't nick kids nor do burglars go into kids rooms as there is usually nothing of value in there.

Burglars are criminals who think nothing of entering peoples' homes and who on occasion violate or kill them ... and who sometimes kidnap children. 

There are so many known and documented case that it makes your comment particularly risible. 
Somewhat along the lines of the heartfelt denials that the children of British holidaymakers in the Algarve had been assaulted in their beds.

Burglars don't usually burn down houses ... but this team of four did.
Argentina: burglars burn family home, killing parents, badly injuring children
http://www.neurope.eu/news/wire/argentina-burglars-burn-family-home-killing-parents-badly-injuring-children

All burglaries have the potential to get out of hand as this one did.
E-fit appeal after toddler injured in aggravated burglary in Rossington
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/e-fit-appeal-after-toddler-injured-in-aggravated-burglary-in-rossington-1-6445283

Given the opportunity ... this burglar did precisely what you have claimed burglars do not do.

** snipped**
The suspect had entered the home through an unlocked door, and was rummaging through the basement when he discovered the girl’s bedroom, Carriger said.
The abductor picked up the child and carried her upstairs, where he walked out the front door.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-saves-kidnapped-daughter-article-1.2003192

The stereotype you have adopted for the type of person who takes it upon him/herself to invade homes is as seriously flawed as are the people you champion ... they are never 'nice' under any circumstances but quite often they are evil personified ... just like the ones in my town who nailed an elderly man to the floor leaving him to die.

... and it is a matter of record ... they DO take children.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
Burglars are criminals who think nothing of entering peoples' homes and who on occasion violate or kill them ... and who sometimes kidnap children. 

There are so many known and documented case that it makes your comment particularly risible. 
Somewhat along the lines of the heartfelt denials that the children of British holidaymakers in the Algarve had been assaulted in their beds.

Burglars don't usually burn down houses ... but this team of four did.
Argentina: burglars burn family home, killing parents, badly injuring children
http://www.neurope.eu/news/wire/argentina-burglars-burn-family-home-killing-parents-badly-injuring-children

All burglaries have the potential to get out of hand as this one did.
E-fit appeal after toddler injured in aggravated burglary in Rossington
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/e-fit-appeal-after-toddler-injured-in-aggravated-burglary-in-rossington-1-6445283

Given the opportunity ... this burglar did precisely what you have claimed burglars do not do.

** snipped**
The suspect had entered the home through an unlocked door, and was rummaging through the basement when he discovered the girl’s bedroom, Carriger said.
The abductor picked up the child and carried her upstairs, where he walked out the front door.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-saves-kidnapped-daughter-article-1.2003192

The stereotype you have adopted for the type of person who takes it upon him/herself to invade homes is as seriously flawed as are the people you champion ... they are never 'nice' under any circumstances but quite often they are evil personified ... just like the ones in my town who nailed an elderly man to the floor leaving him to die.

... and it is a matter of record ... they DO take children.

Red bit:
Who are these people to whom you refer that you believe I champion?
Furthermore please give corroborative detail of where I said I champion them?
I suggest you should acquaint yourself a little better with the world of burglars and burglary and desist from from searching the world of Google to find the odd nutter before using expressions like risible and stereotype.
You are eventually going to paint your self into a corner with your arguments.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
Red bit:
Who are these people to whom you refer that you believe I champion?
Furthermore please give corroborative detail of where I said I champion them?
I suggest you should acquaint yourself a little better with the world of burglars and burglary and desist from from searching the world of Google to find the odd nutter before using expressions like risible and stereotype.
You are eventually going to paint your self into a corner with your arguments.

You fail to recognise ... all ... that is ... without exception ... people who think they have the right to enter other people's homes without invitation and very much against their will ... are by definition ... nutters and criminals.

Their conduct is inexcusable ... your defence of them is extraordinary.

I am in no corner ... but I think you recognise exactly where you are.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
You fail to recognise ... all ... that is ... without exception ... people who think they have the right to enter other people's homes without invitation and very much against their will ... are by definition ... nutters and criminals.

Criminals yes, nutters not necessarily...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »

Red bit:
I ask again; demonstrate where I defend them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
Red bit:
I ask again; demonstrate where I defend them.

If you cannot understand the content of your own posts concerning your attitude to burglars who wouldn't dream of entering a child's bedroom because there is nothing of value there ... depends what value one places on a child perhaps ... or who would never harm a child ... I am afraid no demonstration of mine would suffice to educate you.

Just reread your posts ... and try to see them for what they are.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »
A serial burglar who broke into a woman's house in Dublin and raped her twice has been jailed for 9 years.

Gerard Kane of Dominic Street, Dun Laoghaire in Co. Dublin pleaded guilty on the 5th day of his trial to the attacks on June 11th last year.

The Central Criminal Court heard the victim was woken at 1.30am by a noise to find Mr. Kane standing in her bedroom doorway with socks on both hands carrying a hammer, screwdriver and small torch.

There are plenty more examples of burglars carrying out sexual offences...perhaps they haven't read the burglars manual

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:17:27 AM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
That's not to say that he broke in with the intent to steal anything. He may have entered with rape on his mind.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
That's not to say that he broke in with the intent to steal anything. He may have entered with rape on his mind.

Possibly ... but only if you dismiss that he was out on bail for ... burglary ... and is described as a "serial burglar" ... surely a clue.

** snip**Garda Adam Clear told prosecuting counsel that Kane has 26 previous convictions.

These include burglary, drug possession, threats, robbery and assault.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/rapist-had-been-on-bail-for-burglary-8715/

However it seems in your lexicon that ... breaking in to rape and putting you in fear of your life ... is fine.  The archetypal burglar just burgles.

For your sake, I hope you are never in the position of encountering one of these guys in your home or getting between him and his purpose or his escape ... and I hope you do not have a vulnerable person under your roof to worry about.