Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral's thesis trashed by SY and PJ  (Read 48675 times)

Offline Apostate

Re: Goncalo Amaral's thesis trashed by SY and PJ
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
Its in the OP.

Perhaps you can't be bothered to read it like Lyall can't be bothered to read Amaral's book but sees fit to comment on it nevertheless.

By announcing that the McCanns are not suspects any longer they have thrown Amaral's theory that they are right out of the window with the proverbial dish water.

Sorry there's no "trashing" there of Amaral's theory by the PJ and SY? Can you direct me to this "trashing" please? Thanks.

Offline Luz

« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »
Sorry there's no "trashing" there of Amaral's theory by the PJ and SY? Can you direct me to this "trashing" please? Thanks.

I hope patience is one of your traits, Apostate  @)(++(*

AnneGuedes

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »
It is amazing how some posters here only refer to the Amaral bible and consider, doing so, that their claims are "evidence". Do they really see it as an objective account of facts? Or is their unique purpose to brainwash posters thanks to their constant hammering of the gospel, i.e. the "bad news"?
When the fact doesn't exist in the bible, no problem, they extrapolate it according to what they call "common sense"! That's how they pretend to know better what happened. A pity they can't extend this knowledge to even having the consideration that Madeleine McCann may still be alive and findable.
Short of arguments ? Copy cat will do ? Mutatis mutandis...

AnneGuedes

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »
Good morning.
It's so comforting to see that our usual posters have not been abducted.
Foi por um triz, Luz !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
I told you. We already knew everything substantial in it.

It's fair to say many were disappointed by the book, though, of course, despite what is claimed, he wasn't writing it for us on the forums.
I think you're right but it's not restricted to posters who invested a lot of time in reading the files. The book in fact was a short seller.

Offline Luz

« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »
It's not Gonçalo's thesis, it's the Public Ministry thesis. The lack of full proof evidence was the reason why it had to be archived and no charges made.

Portugal doesn't use jury trials (only exceptionally if require by the accused), and before a case is put to trial all the evidence has to be consistent.

Which doesn't mean that an archived case cannot be resurrected and put to trial in the future with further investigation.

In fact that's we are watching now.

Offline Luz

« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »
The PJ team in Porto found enough cause to request the reopening of the process. But that only means that everything will be re-investigated again.

One thing is having a motif to reopen an investigation formally, another totally different is what will be investigated. We have had tons of those situations in the past. For instance, Casa Pia that is such a cherished subject around here - it had a lot of these situations.

Offline gilet

« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
It's not Gonçalo's thesis, it's the Public Ministry thesis. The lack of full proof evidence was the reason why it had to be archived and no charges made.

Portugal doesn't use jury trials (only exceptionally if require by the accused), and before a case is put to trial all the evidence has to be consistent.

Which doesn't mean that an archived case cannot be resurrected and put to trial in the future with further investigation.

In fact that's we are watching now.

Now you are simply making things up.

It was one of the options which was outlined as a possibility in the archival report.

But Amaral went much further than the archival report.

He claimed the death of Madeleine as definite fact in his book. The AG very clearly did not.

Amaral claimed definitively that the parents were involved in a criminal action. The AG very clearly stated that there was no evidence of any crime by the McCanns.

How you can possibly post that nonsense that the AG report and the Book by Amaral share the same thesis is quite baffling. Are you biased or something?

As for archived cases, we know all that, this one has been re-opened without the McCanns as suspects because there is no evidence against them and there is new evidence pointing to abduction.

Offline gilet

« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »
The PJ team in Porto found enough cause to request the reopening of the process. But that only means that everything will be re-investigated again.

One thing is having a motif to reopen an investigation formally, another totally different is what will be investigated. We have had tons of those situations in the past. For instance, Casa Pia that is such a cherished subject around here - it had a lot of these situations.

No it does not.

You forget that a full two and a half year long review has been done. Do you think  that will simply be ignored and wasted? If you do you are being very naive indeed.

The fact that the McCanns have been told they are not suspects means clearly that Amaral's rather bizarre theory based on his misunderstandings and his guesswork has been discarded. The investigation as we have been told is focused on stranger abduction.  You may have failed to notice as well that the officers now tasked with the inquiry are abduction experts.

Offline gilet

« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »

Those who don't wish to see simply don't see do they? Shame.

Offline Luz

« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »
Now you are simply making things up.

It was one of the options which was outlined as a possibility in the archival report.

But Amaral went much further than the archival report.

He claimed the death of Madeleine as definite fact in his book. The AG very clearly did not.

Amaral claimed definitively that the parents were involved in a criminal action. The AG very clearly stated that there was no evidence of any crime by the McCanns.

How you can possibly post that nonsense that the AG report and the Book by Amaral share the same thesis is quite baffling. Are you biased or something?

As for archived cases, we know all that, this one has been re-opened without the McCanns as suspects because there is no evidence against them and there is new evidence pointing to abduction.

If you think so, it's okay.

For the less conditioned minds:
PJ FINAL REPORT
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/P_J_FINAL_REPORT.htm

ARCHIVING DISPATCH
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

Offline Luz

« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »
The reason invoked to reopen the process of investigation has nothing to do with the McCann - that was the only new fact that could be used.~

However, when an investigation is reopened it goes back to everything that was done before. The McCann are not off the hook.

Lyall

« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »
No it does not.

You forget that a full two and a half year long review has been done. Do you think  that will simply be ignored and wasted? If you do you are being very naive indeed.

The fact that the McCanns have been told they are not suspects means clearly that Amaral's rather bizarre theory based on his misunderstandings and his guesswork has been discarded. The investigation as we have been told is focused on stranger abduction.  You may have failed to notice as well that the officers now tasked with the inquiry are abduction experts.

Your analysis fails to take into account two factors - diplomatic pressure from London, and also the McCanns own lawyers. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and neither do you, but you couldn't I think commence new investigations in either country without making the statement - their lawyers would not allow it. Not to say it risks returning to 2007 levels of media hysteria, and, naturally, the lawyers (police ones included) will not allow that to happen.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
The reason invoked to reopen the process of investigation has nothing to do with the McCann - that was the only new fact that could be used.~

However, when an investigation is reopened it goes back to everything that was done before. The McCann are not off the hook.

The truth coming from the poster who claims that amaral has been cleared

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline gilet

« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »
Your analysis fails to take into account two factors - diplomatic pressure from London, and also the McCanns own lawyers. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and neither do you, but you couldn't I think commence new investigations in either country without making the statement - their lawyers would not allow it. Not to say it risks returning to 2007 levels of media hysteria, and, naturally, the lawyers (police ones included) will not allow that to happen.

I find your analysis quite odd.

Are you really saying that the lawyers or the politicians forced SY and the PJ to tell us the McCanns are not suspects but that it isn't really true?

This is getting into the realms of conspiralunacy I fear.