Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267368 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #1020 on: January 02, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
He might have been... but to do what exactly?
Not sure, but wasn't this just after after MS made his proposed identification?
All SY have to do is when they formally interview the 9 adults, simply ask "what colour trousers was x wearing at the meal?"
Easy.
IMO that will confirm blue , and witness MS's identification can then be ruled out as mistaken.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1021 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »
They should have asked Jeremy Wilkins that question?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1022 on: January 02, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »
They should have asked Jeremy Wilkins that question?
Good point pathfinder.

I think that of the 7 at the restaurant and 1 at the chat, its likely that maybe about half of them (when SY formally interview them) will remember blue jeans.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1023 on: January 03, 2014, 08:06:15 AM »
There is NO evidence that anything has been supressed. No action was taken on the efits ,it seems, because they were deemed unimportant but supressed...no

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1024 on: January 03, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »

Of course the E Fits weren't suppressed.  Why would anyone do that?

The only thing that I can think of is that Inspector Paiva stuffed them in the "Not Relevant" File which he appears to have been doing at the time with any new information.  Isabel Duarte was noticeably upset about this when she found out during a visit to Portimao.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1025 on: January 03, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Of course the E Fits weren't suppressed.  Why would anyone do that?
The only thing that I can think of is that Inspector Paiva stuffed them in the "Not Relevant" File which he appears to have been doing at the time with any new information.  Isabel Duarte was noticeably upset about this when she found out during a visit to Portimao.
But were not the efits supposedly also passed to UK police?

P.S. The Sunday Times apology says
"had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009"
How could Paiva suppress the copies which GM supposedly sent to LP?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:36:18 PM by pegasus »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1026 on: January 03, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »
But were not the efits supposedly also passed to UK police?

The PJ were in charge at the time, as we were all repeatedly reminded.  For all I know it was the UK Police who passed them on.  This would have been the proper thing to do.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1027 on: January 03, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
The case had been closed by this time, so the PJ would not have been in charge, rather the Portuguese judiciary.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1028 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:01 PM »
The PJ were in charge at the time, as we were all repeatedly reminded.  For all I know it was the UK Police who passed them on.  This would have been the proper thing to do.

The PJ have never been fully in charge.

The PR has been fully in charge since it was forced upon the world on 4th May 2007.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1029 on: January 03, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
So supposedly the non-police individual who controls carefully monitors and proritises the information coming in from PIs, eventually many months after receiving the efits from PIs, he passes the efits to LP, and LP pass them to Paiva, and Paiva hides them?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1030 on: January 03, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
So supposedly the non-police individual who controls carefully monitors and proritises the information coming in from PIs, eventually many months after receiving the efits from PIs, he passes the efits to LP, and LP pass them to Paiva, and Paiva hides them?

Do we  know for sure  that LP even received these efits, let alone passed them to Portugal? Have LP made any public statement on the matter?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1031 on: January 03, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »

Oh do give over.  This is sounding like desperation.  I don't know who passed what to whom, and neither do you.

However, I do know that The McCanns haven't been arrested for anything at all.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1032 on: January 03, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »
Oh do give over.  This is sounding like desperation.  I don't know who passed what to whom, and neither do you.
However, I do know that The McCanns haven't been arrested for anything at all.
The man in the 2 efits was wearing light-coloured trousers  (white /cream/beige). See Irish group statements May 2007.

It cannot possibly be someone who was wearing blue jeans. See Sept 2007 statements.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1033 on: January 03, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »
The man in the 2 efits was wearing light-coloured trousers  (white /cream/beige). See Irish group statements May 2007.

It cannot possibly be someone who was wearing blue jeans. See Sept 2007 statements.

That's correct but what he was wearing before 10pm is what matters not if he was wearing jeans after 10pm.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Redblossom

« Reply #1034 on: January 03, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
So lets see here

Six units (maybe others) had these efits since they were made around Sept 08, delivered by Nov 08 latest

1) Oakley international the PIs
2) Mccanns team
3) Mccanns new investigators Edgar and Cowley
4) Alledgedly UK LP in late 2009...why the delay
5) Alledgedly PJ in late 2009..why the delay
6) Alledgedly SY in 2011 and not later accessing them off their own backs

And not a pip squeak from any of them......about the most crucual of witnesses in 5 years...of course they were not suppressed!

Lets not forget the Mccanns ignored these what they were told were crucial efits when they made their documentary Madeleine was Here in early 2009 and passed off Tannerman as Smithman, long haired swarthy guy and all and wrong carryng of the child as well....

And Kate Mccanns book was full of half baked efits of possible suspects but none of the most crucial sighting on the night....

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:05:42 PM by Redblossom »