Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267352 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #1290 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
She was abducted by Portuguese paedophile gang, Gerry knew that 7 years ago, somehow.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GRAHAM-MCKENZIE.htm

'doing all they can to get her back'?

"These are 2 e-fits of the same man. A man who may hold the key to Madeleine McCanns disappearance.
They've been shut away in a private investigation file for 5 years.They were compiled from 2 witness accounts on the night Madeleine disappeared, but never handed over to the Portuguese investigation. Now British police are treating them with the utmost importance"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2760.0

Oh do please keep up ...

In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009.  We also understand that a copy of the final report including the efits was passed to the Metropolitan Police in August 2011, shortly after it commenced its review.  We apologise for the distress caused.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1291 on: July 28, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »
'doing all they can to get her back'?

They display them on the main body of their Find Madeleine website?

They were featured in Kates book?

You saw Kate holding up a missing Madeleine poster, complete with these images which 'British police are treating with the utmost importance' , outside the lisbon court recently?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:16:47 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

ferryman

« Reply #1292 on: July 28, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
Oh do please keep up ...

In articles dated October 27 ("Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years" and "Investigators had E-Fits five years ago", News) we referred to efits which were included in a report prepared by private investigators for the McCanns and the Fund in 2008. We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009.  We also understand that a copy of the final report including the efits was passed to the Metropolitan Police in August 2011, shortly after it commenced its review.  We apologise for the distress caused.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece

Thank you Brietta.

From the files, we can reasonably infer that Martin Smith produced his e-fit after the end of January 2008, because this is from his statement to the Irish Gardia police at that date:

He [Martin Smith] has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits.

So all this garbage about anything being suppressed for 5 years is, well, garbage ...

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1293 on: July 28, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »
Thank you Brietta.

From the files, we can reasonably infer that Martin Smith produced his e-fit after the end of January 2008, because this is from his statement to the Irish Gardia police at that date:

He [Martin Smith] has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits.

So all this garbage about anything being suppressed for 5 years is, well, garbage ...

You remember seeing those e-fit prior to October last year, some 5 years after they were made, you remember that?

I don't think I'd ever seen them before that.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1294 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
Why didn't the police (British or Portuguese) publicise them if, as stated by The Times, they had them in their possession years before the Crimewatch programme?

Perhaps, despite what the Times said, they didn't
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #1295 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »
You remember seeing those e-fit prior to October last year, some 5 years after they were made, you remember that?

I don't think I'd ever seen them before that.
You didn't see them because The Portuguese Police didn't release them.  They had them from Oct 2009

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1296 on: July 29, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »
You didn't see them because The Portuguese Police didn't release them.  They had them from Oct 2009

...as did the McCanns via their PIs.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1297 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »

They've been shut away in a private investigation file for 5 years.

They were compiled from 2 witness accounts on the night Madeleine disappeared, but never handed over to the Portuguese investigation.

Now British police are treating them with the utmost importance"

ferryman

« Reply #1298 on: July 29, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
I think the inference is reasonable that Martin Smith produced the e-fit after the enquiry was shelved in August 2008, and he finally realised that he was (honestly) mistaken to suppose that the man he saw had been Gerry.

By October 2009, the efits were in the possession of both British and Portuguese police.

It is for them, not the McCanns, to explain why the e-fit was unveiled publicly during the Crimewatch programme

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1299 on: July 29, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
By October 2009, the efits were in the possession of both British and Portuguese police.

As claimed by a Times correction.

It's not true though.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1300 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
They've been shut away in a private investigation file for 5 years.

They were compiled from 2 witness accounts on the night Madeleine disappeared, but never handed over to the Portuguese investigation.

Now British police are treating them with the utmost importance"

No you are wrong.  The Portuguese police had them way back in 2009.  The PT police chose not to use them.  Nothing to do with the Mccanns.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1301 on: July 29, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »
No you are wrong.  The Portuguese police had them way back in 2009.  The PT police chose not to use them.  Nothing to do with the Mccanns.

Why aren't they in Madeleine? Is that leaving no stone unturned?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

stephen25000

« Reply #1302 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »
The bottom line remains.

The mccanns who were supposed to have been 'searching' could have released the e-fits when they were produced.

They didn't and that says everything.

stephen25000

« Reply #1303 on: July 30, 2014, 07:34:20 AM »
The mccanns could have published the e-fits, and they didn't.

Their choice to do so.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1304 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »
The mccanns could have published the e-fits, and they didn't.

Their choice to do so.

Just a reminder -

We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009.

We apologise for the distress caused."

Perhaps the question should be why it was necessary for the family of a missing child to commission firms of private investigators to look for her in the first place.

When the information was properly relayed to the investigating authorities it was assumed it would be acted on. 

It was only discovered in 2010 that the lead investigator in Portugal, Ricardo Paiva, had filed this information as “Not Relevant to the Inquiry” along with all the other information sent in from individuals and official police sources.

No worries about that dereliction of duty, Stephen?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....