Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 66903 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »
PMPT page#257 ★ ★ ★

"For seven weeks the police had been interviewing the Ramseys’ family, friends, and business associates without turning up any real suspects. They had finished their background checks on John Andrew and Melinda and had verified commercial airline schedules and private plane flight plans and found no record that either of them had traveled the night of December 25. Their alibis were solid. "

Checked schedules??? What just because there were flights at the required times the police accepted that JAR and Melinda took those flights?  Did they not have passenger manifests to check against?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:20:57 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2019, 05:08:56 PM »
PMPT page#257 ★ ★ ★

"For seven weeks the police had been interviewing the Ramseys’ family, friends, and business associates without turning up any real suspects. They had finished their background checks on John Andrew and Melinda and had verified commercial airline schedules and private plane flight plans and found no record that either of them had traveled the night of December 25. Their alibis were solid. "
Checked schedules???
"Their alibis were solid" appears to be more the opinion of the author.  He doesn't appear to be quoting any specific officer, with any detailed proof.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:21:40 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2019, 05:59:21 PM »
PMPT: "John Andrew Ramsey and his friend Brad Millard had given pubic hair samples, which did not match the hair found on the white blanket covering JonBenét’s body.The investigation of John Andrew and Melinda Ramsey was nearly over. As far as Alex Hunter knew, the older children were no longer suspects, and the Ramseys’ attorneys were demanding that they be publicly cleared so they could get on with their lives. Hunter agreed. It was unconscionable to ruin the lives of these young people because of baseless suspicion.

Page #285"

What about Stewart Long Melinda's boyfriend as the source of the pubic hair?  If they thought of testing Melinda what about a sexual partner of Melinda's?  Had he ever stayed in the Ramsey home?  For wasn't that the same reason Brad Millard was checked out?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:22:02 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2019, 07:57:27 AM »
"The FBI concluded that if the duct tape over JonBenét’s mouth had been used to silence her during an attempted abduction, the kidnapper would have taken her out of the house immediately. There would have been no reason to stay where the kidnapper could be discovered at any moment. Instead, they theorized, the duct tape too was probably used as part of a cover-up, along with the loosely tied cord found around JonBenét’s right wrist.Whether the duct tape had been placed on JonBenét’s mouth before or after her death could be determined by an examination of the body and tape. Skin trauma would be evident if she had been alive when the tape was applied. Applying the tape after her death would not produce noticeable skin markings. Coroner Meyer had not reported any trauma to the skin around JonBenét’s mouth. The probable behavior of the offender was an important factor. If the killer did not intend to kidnap JonBenét, he or she must have been there for a reason, perhaps to assault her. But if there had been no intent to kidnap, why did the killer write the ransom note?
From PMPT.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »
"The FBI concluded that if the duct tape over JonBenét’s mouth had been used to silence her during an attempted abduction, the kidnapper would have taken her out of the house immediately. There would have been no reason to stay where the kidnapper could be discovered at any moment. Instead, they theorized, the duct tape too was probably used as part of a cover-up, along with the loosely tied cord found around JonBenét’s right wrist.Whether the duct tape had been placed on JonBenét’s mouth before or after her death could be determined by an examination of the body and tape. Skin trauma would be evident if she had been alive when the tape was applied. Applying the tape after her death would not produce noticeable skin markings. Coroner Meyer had not reported any trauma to the skin around JonBenét’s mouth. The probable behavior of the offender was an important factor. If the killer did not intend to kidnap JonBenét, he or she must have been there for a reason, perhaps to assault her. But if there had been no intent to kidnap, why did the killer write the ransom note?
From PMPT.
I think this thread has made a very good attempt to answer that very question.

"But if there had been no intent to kidnap, why did the killer write the ransom note?"

If you don't think you know the answer you need to go and read the thread again.

I'm just up to the bit about Jeff Shapiro in the book Perfect Murder, Perfect Town and he seemed to also have intentions to look at Melinda and John Andrew. 
One bit that is mentioned but not covered fully is the hint that Melinda was having a mental breakdown.
Her mother Lucinda just dismissed the idea.  What I would have liked to know is where did the initial idea that Melinda was suffering from depression come from.

PMPT: "Shapiro wanted to know whether an unsubstantiated rumor that Melinda had checked into a Georgia health clinic for depression was true. This time, he introduced himself as a freelance college journalist living in Boulder. “Some people are saying these awful things about Melinda,” Shapiro said. “She’s wonderful,” Lucinda replied. “Just fine. The rumor you’ve heard is ridiculous.” Lucinda asked Shapiro if he knew her son. He said that he’d met John Andrew. Then he told Lucinda that his name was Jeff Scott. “Are you the one who wrote him a letter?” “Yes,” Shapiro replied. “I don’t want to talk to you. Don’t ever call this house.” She hung up."

Jeff Shapiro is an oddity but I admire his courage to get to the bottom of the issue.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:25:08 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
I think this thread has made a very good attempt to answer that very question.

But if there had been no intent to kidnap, why did the killer write the ransom note?

If you don't think you know the answer you need to go and read the thread again.

I'm just up to the bit about Jeff Shapiro in the book Perfect Murder, Perfect Town and he seemed to also have intentions to look at Melinda and John Andrew. 
One bit that is mentioned but not covered fully is the hint that Melinda was having a mental breakdown.
Her mother Lucinda just dismissed the idea.  What I would have liked to know is where did the initial idea that Melinda was suffering from depression come from.

PMPT: "Shapiro wanted to know whether an unsubstantiated rumor that Melinda had checked into a Georgia health clinic for depression was true. This time, he introduced himself as a freelance college journalist living in Boulder. “Some people are saying these awful things about Melinda,” Shapiro said. “She’s wonderful,” Lucinda replied. “Just fine. The rumor you’ve heard is ridiculous.” Lucinda asked Shapiro if he knew her son. He said that he’d met John Andrew. Then he told Lucinda that his name was Jeff Scott. “Are you the one who wrote him a letter?” “Yes,” Shapiro replied. “I don’t want to talk to you. Don’t ever call this house.” She hung up."

Jeff Shapiro is an oddity but I admire his courage to get to the bottom of the issue.
The only conclusion that is possible is that the incident about Shapiro's letter to John Andrew was significant enough for John Andrew to report back to his mother about it, and important enough for her to remember his undercover name "Jeff Scott", and then to hang up on him. 

IMO that is showing signs of being rattled.  Do Jeff Shapiro's enquiries go any deeper?  I can't wait to read on further.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:25:34 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:01 PM »
PMPT page #383: "John Ramsey said that he had gone down to the basement at around 10:00 A.M. that morning. It was the first the police had heard about this. None of Detective Arndt’s reports indicated that Ramsey had visited the basement before the body was found."

Still doesn't exclude a visit later than that too.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:23:37 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »
PMPT: "Then I added, “Let justice be done though thy heaven fall.” —Jeff Shapiro" 

True quote of the phrase was "“Let justice be done though the heavens fall.”"

Wikipedia:
"Fīat jūstitia ruat cælum is a Latin legal phrase, meaning "Let justice be done though the heavens fall." The maxim signifies the belief that justice must be realized regardless of consequences. ... It was used in the landmark judgment Somerset v Stewart, where slavery was held to be unlawful at common law."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
I don't know what to make of this PMPT page #418 : "Meanwhile, Steve Thomas visited McGuckin Hardware, which John Ramsey—or someone impersonating him— had called in January. In the sporting goods department, Thomas found white nylon cord similar to the cord around JonBenét’s neck. He bought four packages of Coghlan’s Cord, for $2.29 each. In addition, he found black duct tape with the brand name Suretape. Both items sold for the same price and came from the same department that appeared on Patsy Ramsey’s December 1996 sales slips. A week after Thomas made his purchases, Dave Williams, an investigator for the Ramseys, called Joanne Hanks at McGuckin and asked for itemized receipts of Patsy’s December 2 and December 9 purchases, only to discover that the police had them. In Patsy’s April 30 police interview, Thomas had asked her about the purchase of duct tape, and Williams was following up for his clients. Now both the police and the Ramseys’ investigators knew that the items could have been purchased by Patsy just weeks before JonBenét’s murder."

What are they saying they had been purchased early in December.  But the remainder of the cord and duct tape were never found in the house.  To me that sounds more like someone removed them after they committed the crime.
Also means they weren't purchased for the purpose of committing a crime.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:28:57 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »
"By Jeffrey Scott Shapiro,"
"My Search for JonBenet Ramsey's Killer – a 15th Anniversary Retrospective" https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/my-search-for-jonbenet-ramseys-killer-a-15th-anniversary-retrospective

He seems to have gone with the mob and forgotten his run in with Lucinda.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2019, 10:30:22 PM »
"The Ghost of Christmas Past" https://drinkthis.typepad.com/shapiro/2006/05/the_ghost_of_ch.html

That is a strange story.  Fact or fiction?

John Fogerty and the Midnight Special https://youtu.be/jRObhHR3XwU

Seems unrelated to the original Jonbenet incident.
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-michael-mcelroy.htm

Jeff Shapiro has gone from Hero to Zero ...  scraping the barrel .... why?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:41:44 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »
I was over halfway through the online version of the book Perfect Murder, Perfect Town and I thought I'd scan ahead for the word "Melinda".  In fact I scanned the whole book twice and I was amazed to see the real evidence come to light nearer the end.
https://epdf.pub/perfect-murder-perfect-town-the-uncensored-story-of-the-jonbenet-murder-and-the-.html

I was surprised to also see Jeff Shapiro's radar fail too nearer the end as he begins to "like" Melinda sending her flowers. 
I'm now wondering if Jeff actually knew and felt a degree of sympathy towards Melinda, and possibly John Andrew, to the point where he would raise the stupidest distractions like the incidents above just to protect the kids.

That book was a best seller and must have been read millions of times so how is it that everyone else is not seeing "the evidence".  Do we all begin to somewhat sympathise with Melinda for what John did and allow our intellect to fail?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:06:32 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2019, 07:22:40 PM »
Am I the only one who has seen the DNA results showing Melinda can't be John Ramsey's biological daughter?

Did that lack of paternity affect John's "love" for Melinda, was the bond spoilt by some sort of primal instinct of nature?  (Going back to my first discovered discrepancy in this case covered in the first post of this thread.)

It has been said many times to me, "you mustn't have favourites amongst your kids".  But John Ramsey certainly did, and we can't turn the clock back and change that, and the clock has been made worse by the death of Jonbenet.

Are the laws of Nature playing more tricks here?

"Are humans monogamous?"  one answer was quite considered "I once read a debate between two anthropologists on that subject. One, (a male) was pointing out the typical “male” mating strategy common among many animals. Spread the genes. Have as many mates as possible.

Or as the King Of Siam said, “the bee flits from flower to flower, the flower does not flit from bee to bee”.

The other scientist (a female) pointed out the evolutionary advantage of pair-bonding. Successful child-rearing, provision, protection, etc, etc. That human beings had a natural tendency to pair bond.

We might bear in mind that for much of our evolutionary history, life-spans were short. Child-bearing was dangerous and infant deaths were high. In terms of population… It might have been better to “spread the seed around”.

But….We also evolved in small, inter-related groups of hunter-gatherers and if our cousins the great apes are any indication, only the Alpha Male had the privilege of mating with the females. Younger, subordinate males did not, unless they snuck off into the bushes. (This has been observed in chimps… Even between members of different clans)

So… Looks complex, doesn’t it? Certainly in human history we see a great deal of cheating going on. Lets face it, prostitution was common in all early civilizations.

But there’s been no lack of “cheating” among females as well, even with the high risk of pregnancy and societal condemnation.

(Generally not the case for men)

We see as well the phenomena where, for instance, a man is quite “loyal” to the wife/family and remains a good provider and all, and yet seeks out mating partners outside the marriage. In some societies, this is almost a status symbol. To maintain a mistress is a sign of wealth and power. Not at all uncommon among our “world leaders”.

My gut feeling on the whole thing is that men are generally more willing to seek out sexual experiences outside of existing relationships.

They do not often require any sort of emotional commitment for this."
https://www.quora.com/Are-humans-monogamous?redirected_qid=42975280

But what happens if one of the strays lands in your own nest?  IMO most people don't know how they will cope, and I don't believe it is a matter of thinking about it, it is more instinctive than thought.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10611.msg518786#msg518786

"at Loci D7s820 Melinda has no alleles in common with John Ramsey snr. so from that she is not John's biological daughter.
That is a surprise.
Well there are only two options:
1.  either there is an error in the lab results or
2. Melinda is not John Ramsey's biological daughter.

One or the other.

Half of Melinda's and half of JA's DNA profile will have come from the mother Lucinda.

It is not 9.9 but rather 9,9 meaning that Melinda is homologous for that allele at that locus, i.e she received a STR allele at that location of 9 from both her father and her mother, yet John Ramsey doesn't have that 9 allele to pass onto her. Therefore I say unless she was a very rare mutant or the lab has made an error, she is not the biological offspring of John Ramsey Snr. ..."

Note: Never mind the Facebook entry has been modified and the form is no longer there. but I do have a copy on my computer, and I'll upload it to this site.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:49:36 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:18 PM »
DNA results:

Look at the column that says "locus" look down to "D7S820"

JBR =8,10
BR = 8,10
Patsy= 8,8
John= 10,12
Melinda = 9,9
JAR = 9,10

To be a biological daughter Melinda would need a 10 or a 12 at this locus but the result is 9,9. 
Logic states that Lucinda (Melinda's mum must have a 9, or a 10 at this loci, and her biological father must have a 9 allele at this site.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:02:59 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation