Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 65868 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #705 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »
and IQ measures intelligence

Intelligence is gifted.  Knowledge is hard gained.  My IQ is way above average and not far-off genius, but I grossly lack Knowledge, which grieves me greatly.  But then I have the intelligence to know this.  I never had access to an Education being a frightfully working class girl, on whom education was not to be wasted.

Actually, I don't think it matters anymore.  I earned quite a lot of money cleaning the lavatories of other people in the process of paying School Fees for my children, none of whom have the faintest idea of what I did, or why.  But I bet that all three of them have a greater IQ than I.  At least I do hope so.  Or do I?  I suppose that it can only matter to them.

I do think that IQ is related to Common Bleeding Sense, and or the ability to rationalise.

I am quietly proud of my IQ, albeit nothing to do with me personally.  It was a gift for which I am truly grateful.

And this is why I know that the chances of The McCanns being involved in the disappearance of their daughter are way below zero.  Just plain Logistics.  It simply was not possible.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #706 on: March 27, 2018, 09:41:10 PM »
an IQ test is  ameasure of intelligence...but it has limitations...it is still a very good indication

It is like any other tool or measuring device. In the hands of those who know what they are at it can useful. In the hands of those who don't know what they are at it is NBG.
Brummagem Screwdriver syndrome.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #707 on: March 27, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »
People who are intelligent don’t spell people poeple  @)(++(*
That can't be true.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #708 on: March 27, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »
It is like any other tool or measuring device. In the hands of those who know what they are at it can useful. In the hands of those who don't know what they are at it is NBG.
Brummagem Screwdriver syndrome.
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-bru2.htm
"In the nineteenth century, great quantities of cheap plated goods, such as trinkets and gilt jewellery, were being made in Birmingham. As a result, its bad reputation resurfaced, so much so that its old name came to be used figuratively for anything that was considered tawdry, not just items of Birmingham manufacture.

An example is in a work of 1862, The Reminiscences of Captain Gronow: “The equipages were generally much more gorgeous than at a later period, when democracy invaded the parks, and introduced what may be termed a ‘brummagem society,’ with shabby-genteel carriages and servants”. The short form Brummy was taken to Australia and has remained a term of insult for something poorly made or falsely showy. The city’s workmen were thought to be clumsy and unskilled, hence a Brummagem screwdriver was a hammer (an insult that has been applied to several other places and nationalities as well).
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #709 on: March 27, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »
and IQ measures intelligence

That is all that it does.  And it is a great thing.  But there is a bit more to life in general.

I am only grateful.

Ah Ha, this little working class tart has the IQ not far off Einstein.  And then what do you do?  You do shit jobs very well because you don't have the education to do any better.

But at least you don't accuse without thought.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #710 on: March 28, 2018, 02:51:42 AM »
Natasha Donn reported that ...
" ... a new thesis on the mystery - only last month mailed to Portugal’s Attorney General in the hope that it might change the status quo - appears to have fallen on stony ground.

The theory, developed over the years by a number of professionals - including a former British police superintendent - challenges the starting point of Grange, which has consistently run-up against claims that its remit is far too narrow and that the £11 million and rising spent on it this far has been “an expensive farce”."
http://portugalresident.com/maddie-cops-get-yet-more-cash-to-continue-investigate-%E2%80%9Cfinal-line-of-enquiry%E2%80%9D

Oh dear ~ never mind ... maybe the Attorney General has a clearer insight than they imagine into the ongoing work of the Policia Judiciaria which is far better informed than the prejudices of sleuths apparently professionals of one sort or another, who obviously labour under the mistaken belief she has any locus whatsoever in the work of Operation Grange.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #711 on: March 28, 2018, 05:29:38 AM »
" ... a new thesis on the mystery - only last month mailed to Portugal’s Attorney General in the hope that it might change the status quo - appears to have fallen on stony ground.

The theory, developed over the years by a number of professionals - including a former British police superintendent - challenges the starting point of Grange, which has consistently run-up against claims that its remit is far too narrow and that the £11 million and rising spent on it this far has been “an expensive farce”."
http://portugalresident.com/maddie-cops-get-yet-more-cash-to-continue-investigate-%E2%80%9Cfinal-line-of-enquiry%E2%80%9D

Oh dear ~ never mind ... maybe the Attorney General has a clearer insight than they imagine into the ongoing work of the Policia Judiciaria which is far better informed than the prejudices of sleuths apparently professionals of one sort or another, who obviously labour under the mistaken belief she has any locus whatsoever in the work of Operation Grange.
IMO Maybe in 6 months time when the funds run out, and the UK police are no longer actively investigating the case the Portuguese might look at it.  I don't think there will be any real desire to upset the relationship between the two police forces while the current arrangement is in place.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #712 on: March 28, 2018, 08:12:51 AM »
IMO Maybe in 6 months time when the funds run out, and the UK police are no longer actively investigating the case the Portuguese might look at it.  I don't think there will be any real desire to upset the relationship between the two police forces while the current arrangement is in place.

No... The dossier is total rubbish IMO
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:38:32 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline jassi

« Reply #713 on: March 28, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »

I wonder whether in the spirit of cooperation the Portuguese shared this information with their British colleagues?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #714 on: March 28, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »
I wonder whether in the spirit of cooperation the Portuguese shared this information with their British colleagues?

The British have already received  it IMO
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:28:48 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline John

« Reply #715 on: March 29, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
Warning to all posters:

As we approach the Easter weekend I want to make it very clear that continued disruptive behaviour will NOT be tolerated, sanctions will be applied where necessary. As a sign of goodwill however ahead of the holidays, I am revoking all warning points.

Moderators are expected to lead by example but should those moderating skills fall short of what is expected, permissions will be revoked.

Have a great Easter everyone but please keep the above in mind before commenting.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pjcvreis

« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Thanks for that reminder, Byron.

Clarification about the article in the newspaper The People, of August 17, 2008

The information published today by the newspaper The People, concerning myself, are false. In the days between the 9th and 15th of August, I was contacted by and have met with several British journalists (*), at their request, about the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine McCann, in Brussels, and about the article published by myself and Paulo Reis, about the existence of 24 photos, taken the night of May 3rd, by tourists who were in the Tapas Bar.

My help had been asked, by these colleagues, because, besides the fact that they did not speak French, they did not know Brussels, did not know where and to towards whom to turn to investigate the case of the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine.

As it the custom amongst professional colleagues, I have met with these journalists and I've helped in everything that has been possible for me. As is obvious, we have talked about the Madeleine McCann case, about the information published recently in my blog and in the blog of my colleague Paulo Reis, we exchanged our impressions and comments. I will not reproduce the comments of my English colleagues, because private conversations are private conversations - at least, for principled people.

So that it is clear: I have not, in my possession, no part (evidence) that would be of interest to the authorities or could concern the investigation of a crime.

Duarte Levy
August 17, 2008

(*) Nick Fagge & Jonathan Buckmaster - Daily Express / Lucy Hagan - The Sun / Julie (?) Daily Mail / Emily Miller - The Mirror / James Millbank - The People (14 and 15 August)

Published on Paulo's blog:

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/duarte-levy-and-people-story.html

There was another post, after this one, where I clarified my position about Mr. Levy. I stoped witihg about for the case, for more than two months, while I analysed all stories we signed togheter. I made two mistakes, as a journalist, writing about the case: the 24 pictures and a wrong information about who was the father of Gerry McCan. I apologized for this second mistake, apologies where accepted by the family of the former MP who I said was Gerry's father. I cut all contacts with Mr. Levy. Un til noe, I think he was somebody with a specific mission - to get the trust of the Portuguese bloggers who wrote in Englsh about the case. I also think his "handlers" lost control of him and he started to act by himself, as some kind of "rogue spy"...

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2009/07/credibility-and-journalism.html

Thursday, 9 July 2009
Credibility and journalism
As a journalist since 1982, I always did my best to check and confirm, with several and reliable sources, all facts and information in the articles I published, either alone or co-authored. Serious allegations were raised by Joana Morais, a blogger that I know and respect, concerning the credibility of Mr. Duarte Levy, with whom I co-authored many articles about Madeleine Mccann's investigation.

My credibility is also seriously damaged, due to my association with him. A journalist's credibility takes a long time to build but it's a fragile thing. A single mistake is enough to destroy it. Once lost, it's almost impossible to have it back. So, I decided to stop writing about this case.

Time – and the persistent work of so many people, in hundreds of blogs and dozens of forums, analyzing the large amount of information available – will show what is truth and what is not truth. In the end, I believe, truth will prevail – and that is the most important.