Author Topic: Sir Mo Farah  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sir Mo Farah
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2022, 07:17:39 PM »
I think anyone who sees similarities has a very active imagination.
It requires no imagination at all to recognize that both Mo Farah and the McCanns have been monstered by members of the general public and victim blamed.  You kindly suggest we leave Mo Farah in peace, yet appear to have no problem with personal attacks on the McCanns.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2022, 07:53:57 PM »
It requires no imagination at all to recognize that both Mo Farah and the McCanns have been monstered by members of the general public and victim blamed.  You kindly suggest we leave Mo Farah in peace, yet appear to have no problem with personal attacks on the McCanns.

I can see some similarities between Mo Farah and Madeleine McCann. Both were helpless children, were not adequately protected by their families, and had crmes committed against them.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2022, 09:55:51 PM »
I can see some similarities between Mo Farah and Madeleine McCann. Both were helpless children, were not adequately protected by their families, and had crmes committed against them.
You requested that Mo Farah be left in peace to get on with his life, do you think the same applies to Madeleine?   Do you not think the McCanns have a similar right?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2022, 10:05:23 PM »
You requested that Mo Farah be left in peace to get on with his life, do you think the same applies to Madeleine?   Do you not think the McCanns have a similar right?

I'm not interested. This thread is about Mo Farah, not the McCann case. Please stop deflecting.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2022, 10:54:03 PM »
I'm not interested. This thread is about Mo Farah, not the McCann case. Please stop deflecting.
What more do you wish to discuss about Mo Farah then?  I suspect that without mine and Myster’s input into this thread it would have died after 3 posts.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2022, 11:07:44 PM »
What more do you wish to discuss about Mo Farah then?  I suspect that without mine and Myster’s input into this thread it would have died after 3 posts.

Due to his talent and his luck in attracting a mentor Mo Farah has ended up in a good place, although he'll always have baggage imo. I dread to think how many other children have not been so fortunate.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2022, 11:33:33 PM »
Due to his talent and his luck in attracting a mentor Mo Farah has ended up in a good place, although he'll always have baggage imo. I dread to think how many other children have not been so fortunate.
Untold numbers of children from all sorts of backgrounds and with all kinds of baggage have not had their talent nutured in countless fields of endeavour as a result of the lack of support, funding, mentoring, opportunity.  There’s no point lamenting what might have been.  I could have been a top film and video director if only someone had recognised my skills and talent and given me chance within the industry.  It never happened.  Life panned out differently.  No regrets.  Anything else you wish to discuss specifically about Mo Farah? 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 12:20:35 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2022, 01:12:34 AM »
Untold numbers of children from all sorts of backgrounds and with all kinds of baggage have not had their talent nutured in countless fields of endeavour as a result of the lack of support, funding, mentoring, opportunity.  There’s no point lamenting what might have been.  I could have been a top film and video director if only someone had recognised my skills and talent and given me chance within the industry.  It never happened.  Life panned out differently.  No regrets.  Anything else you wish to discuss specifically about Mo Farah?

I was thinking about children who have been trafficked, used and not saved, not about someone who didn't get the career they think they deserved.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2022, 08:06:25 AM »
I was thinking about children who have been trafficked, used and not saved, not about someone who didn't get the career they think they deserved.
So there’s nothing more you wish to discuss specifically about Mo Farah?  Oh dear, short thread.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2022, 08:32:58 AM »
So there’s nothing more you wish to discuss specifically about Mo Farah?  Oh dear, short thread.

No, I'm happy to leave it there, not every thread is long.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2022, 09:02:33 AM »
No, I'm happy to leave it there, not every thread is long.
One more thing before we leave the thread to its untimely death and out of interest - as you are someone of a sceptical bent, may I ask why you appear to have chosen to believe Mo Farah (who has hitherto lied about his background) uncritically? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2022, 11:03:09 AM »
One more thing before we leave the thread to its untimely death and out of interest - as you are someone of a sceptical bent, may I ask why you appear to have chosen to believe Mo Farah (who has hitherto lied about his background) uncritically?

His story is independently corroberated. As far as he was aware the authorities knew the whole story and had no problem with it. They allowed him to become a British citizen and gave him a passport. His real identity was his business, therefore, and he chose not to disclose it. Instead, as his fame grew, he made up a cover story. I can understand this traumatised child being reluctant to find himself embroiled in a discussion about his past instead of his achievements.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2022, 12:31:06 PM »

Mo Farah, or whatever his real name is, is an illegal immigrant criminal & should be fined for identity fraud then deported.
I note that the CPS & whoever the hell else are taking absolutely no action against him, even though he is a criminal.
With this in mind I expect fair treatment, when I murder an illegal immigrant I don't think I should face prosecution for it.
If Mo Farah can just break the law without consequence then so can I.
I think that's only fair.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 12:43:58 PM »

Seriously, do we just get to pick & choose which laws apply to us now?
Can I just waltz across the border of any country I want & assume a false identity, then deprive the native long distance runners of employment?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2022, 01:30:13 PM »
His story is independently corroberated. As far as he was aware the authorities knew the whole story and had no problem with it. They allowed him to become a British citizen and gave him a passport. His real identity was his business, therefore, and he chose not to disclose it. Instead, as his fame grew, he made up a cover story. I can understand this traumatised child being reluctant to find himself embroiled in a discussion about his past instead of his achievements.
If he was aware that the authorities knew the whole story and had no problem with it why did he also claim to be living in fear of deportation and of his very recent relief to learn that he would not?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/sir-mo-farah-relieved-home-27472113. Who has actually independently corroborated his version of events to your satisfaction?  Does telling a lie to get out of a tricky situation or living a lie for many years mean that someone is fundamentally a dishonest person? 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 01:37:53 PM by Vertigo Swirl »