Author Topic: Cressida Dick says enquiry will continue until it has reached its conclusion.  (Read 6368 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Maybe Faithlilly did say forever.
It does not detract from the Star headline being at variance with what Ms Dick said.
So whadda yer want.
Faithlilly's version
The Star version
or
Ms Dicks version.
In your alacrity to discredit Faithlilly you ask whom should we believe Ms Dick or Faithlilly.
Well I'd go with Ms Dick which boots out the Star headline.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

It does not detract from the Star headline being at variance with what Ms Dick said.
So whadda yer want.
Faithlilly's version
The Star version
or
Ms Dicks version.
In your alacrity to discredit Faithlilly you ask whom should we believe Ms Dick or Faithlilly.

Have you only just realised headlines can be misleading... It's happened many times

Offline Robittybob1

So whadda yer want.
Faithlilly's version
The Star version
or
Ms Dicks version.
Pedantics!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

So whadda yer want.
Faithlilly's version
The Star version
or
Ms Dicks version.
Since when has anyone ever given credibility to a headline from the Daily Star fgs?!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

Since when has anyone ever given credibility to a headline from the Daily Star fgs?!

One well known contributor cuts and pastes column kilometres from The Sun which is scarcely reliable.
Just testing to see which way the wind blows!
So stand down it was a false alarm from the Star.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

One well known contributor cuts and pastes column kilometres from The Sun which is scarcely reliable.
Just testing to see which way the wind blows!
So stand down it was a false alarm from the Star.
Headlines are just click bait, but there is usually some basis in truth to most of these articles even if they don’t reflect the content of the headlines, IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

Did you mean FGS?

Offline faithlilly

So whadda yer want.
Faithlilly's version
The Star version
or
Ms Dicks version.

I did say forever Alice.

Hope that clears things up  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 01:16:55 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

I did say forever Alice.

Hope that clears things up  ?{)(**

Gotcha pre editing  8(0(*

Offline Lace

This is what she said -      “I am quite happy it should continue until we find out what happened or we have exhausted all possible lines of inquiry,” she said.

Offline jassi

This is what she said -      “I am quite happy it should continue until we find out what happened or we have exhausted all possible lines of inquiry,” she said.

Can yo provide the source for that, please ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Not sure why she bothers.
Your original post suggested that the McCanns are the only people the police should be concentrating on, which is probably considered libellous, not that I care one way or the other.  I wonder if you have finally come to the realization that the McCanns are not about to be arrested and charged, nor are even suspects in this investigation... I realise you are ignoring me but nevertheless confident you will see this post.   8(>((

Offline John

According to the Star tomorrow the Met are going to look forever.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/749092/maddie-madeleine-mccann-investigation-kate-and-gerry-police-cressida-dick

Maddie hunt will NEVER stop until she’s found – UK top cop’s new pledge to McCanns

MADDIE McCann detectives will not give up the hunt even though cash is so tight more officers could lose their jobs, Britain's top police chief has said.

Metropolitan Police commissioner Cressida Dick said the controversial Operation Grange inquiry into the youngster's 2007 disappearance in Portugal will go on until it “has reached its conclusion”.

She revealed she was part of the team that set up the investigation eight years ago following a personal plea by Madeleine's doctor parents Kate and Gerry to then prime minister David Cameron.

Then an assistant commissioner in the Met, Dick said she had supported the move by the London-based force to launch a probe into the mystery even though it appeared to have no jurisdiction.

Since then Scotland Yard has spent nearly £12million of taxpayers' cash on the inquiry but no-one has been charged.

In November the Home Office granted the force an extra £150,000 to continue the probe until at least April next year.

The move sparked criticism from the Police Federation and some former Met officers who argued the money would be better spent tackling London's record number of homicides, knife crime and terrorism.

The commissioner said she understood their concerns but felt the Madeleine investigation was too important to shelve and she had set no time limit on it.

Dick said: “I was there when it was set up originally.

“I remember when this piece of work was started and why.

“I was an AC at the time.

“I can understand why some people may feel differently but I think it is quite right that we should continue until it has reached its conclusion.”

Dick admitted the Met was still short of cash despite Home Secretary Sajid Javid last week pledging an extra £1bn to forces nationwide.

The commissioner said the Met could benefit from an extra £84m if London mayor Sadiq Khan chose to generate the maximum amount permissible via council tax rises.

But she admitted that may not be enough to save officers' jobs following years of cutbacks.

However she said that would not impact on Operation Grange.

“I am quite happy it should continue until we find out what happened or we have exhausted all possible lines of inquiry,” she said.

“It's not a huge amount of money and it's not large number of officers.''

Referring to the force's determination to trace and bring to justice the poisoners of Salisbury spy Sergie Skripal she added: ``We never give up in the Met.

“We never have.

“We never forget.”

The news will come as a massive boost to Madeleine's parents who earlier this year had feared it could shelved and they would have to fund private detectives to continue the search.

Then-three-year-old Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz 11 years ago while her parents dined with pals in a nearby tapas bar.

Portuguese police archived the case as `unsolved' in 2008.

They are now working alongside Met detectives in a bid to determine what happened.

Last month it was revealed both forces were probing if Madeleine had come to harm after walking out of the apartment in a bid to find her parents.

Until then the Met thought she either disturbed burglars or was abducted.

The McCanns continue to believe she was snatched from her bed by an intruder and may still be alive.

Ms Dick declined to discuss “operational details”.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/749092/maddie-madeleine-mccann-investigation-kate-and-gerry-police-cressida-dick

I think Cressida Dick would be better off pursuing criminals in her own back yard instead of making promises she can't possibly keep about an investigation based in Portugal.

Note to Jerry Lawton et all.  Operation Grange is an 'enquiry' and not an 'inquiry'.  It could very well become one though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:09:42 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

Google: "Inquire vs Enquire. ... The corresponding noun is enquiry or inquiry. Either spelling can be used, but many people prefer enquire and enquiry for the general sense of “ask”, and inquire and inquiry for a formal investigation: I enquired his name."

I have always wondered why it was spelt two ways.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

Google: "Inquire vs Enquire. ... The corresponding noun is enquiry or inquiry. Either spelling can be used, but many people prefer enquire and enquiry for the general sense of “ask”, and inquire and inquiry for a formal investigation: I enquired his name."

I have always wondered why it was spelt two ways.

The beauty of the English language old chap.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.