Author Topic: Does Madeleine have the right to be found?  (Read 37272 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Does Madeleine have the right to be found?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2018, 02:29:32 AM »
I think there can be very few instances of missing children who have been given up on as quickly and irrevocably by the authorities as was Madeleine McCann.

That Madeleine was given up on in the opening stages of what should have been a search primarily for a living breathing child while keeping all options open comes in the first instance from Jose Manuel Oliveira and in the second instance from Goncalo Amaral.

Snip
JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'
Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.
Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."
We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped.
To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

Snip
"The little girl died in that apartment" - Gonçalo Amaral on TVI

JP: Exactly. The little girl died in that apartment?

GA: The little girl died in that apartment.

JP: On the evening of the 3rd of May.

GA: And we reached that conclusion with the data that we have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 July 2008: The Portuguese authorities shelve their investigation and lift the "arguido" status of the McCanns and Mr Murat.
https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccanns-disappearance-a-timeline-10803372

So the case of a little girl who vanished without trace on 3rd May 2007 was shelved just over a year later by the authorities who appeared to show more interest in building a case against first of all Murat and then her parents.

The priority appeared to be a conviction ... so how exactly did that extend to being to Madeleine McCann's benefit and the possibility that if she had been looked for as she should and not given up on almost immediately that there would have been a better chance of finding her over eleven years ago.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2018, 07:11:26 AM »
I think there can be very few instances of missing children who have been given up on as quickly and irrevocably by the authorities as was Madeleine McCann.

That Madeleine was given up on in the opening stages of what should have been a search primarily for a living breathing child while keeping all options open comes in the first instance from Jose Manuel Oliveira and in the second instance from Goncalo Amaral.

Snip
JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'
Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.
Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."
We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped.
To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

Snip
"The little girl died in that apartment" - Gonçalo Amaral on TVI

JP: Exactly. The little girl died in that apartment?

GA: The little girl died in that apartment.

JP: On the evening of the 3rd of May.

GA: And we reached that conclusion with the data that we have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 July 2008: The Portuguese authorities shelve their investigation and lift the "arguido" status of the McCanns and Mr Murat.
https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccanns-disappearance-a-timeline-10803372

So the case of a little girl who vanished without trace on 3rd May 2007 was shelved just over a year later by the authorities who appeared to show more interest in building a case against first of all Murat and then her parents.

The priority appeared to be a conviction ... so how exactly did that extend to being to Madeleine McCann's benefit and the possibility that if she had been looked for as she should and not given up on almost immediately that there would have been a better chance of finding her over eleven years ago.

At that that time B as you know the mcns had maximum support.

IMO any person not looking for maddie - did not believe the mcns. they came to that conclusion on there own.

As for Murat didnt the four of the t7 say they saw murat carrying a child

Don't you think that equals also no one would be looking.for maddie

The estate agent has lodged a “criminal complaint” against Jane Tanner, 39, who claimed she saw a man carrying a child near the McCanns’ holiday apartment on the night Madeleine vanished.

A second complaint has been made against Ms Tanner’s partner, Dr Russell O’Brien, and Fiona Payne and Rachael Oldfield, also members of the so-called Tapas Seven.

It is understood that the complaints centre on allegations that the four gave evidence to Portuguese police which led to them making Mr Murat, 35, a suspect in the investigation.

The expat, who lived in Praia da Luz at the time, was found to have no involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:35:20 AM by kizzy »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2018, 08:03:46 AM »

At that that time B as you know the mcns had maximum support.

IMO any person not looking for maddie - did not believe the mcns. they came to that conclusion on there own.

As for Murat didnt the four of the t7 say they saw murat carrying a child

Don't you think that equals also no one would be looking.for maddie

The estate agent has lodged a “criminal complaint” against Jane Tanner, 39, who claimed she saw a man carrying a child near the McCanns’ holiday apartment on the night Madeleine vanished.

A second complaint has been made against Ms Tanner’s partner, Dr Russell O’Brien, and Fiona Payne and Rachael Oldfield, also members of the so-called Tapas Seven.

It is understood that the complaints centre on allegations that the four gave evidence to Portuguese police which led to them making Mr Murat, 35, a suspect in the investigation.

The expat, who lived in Praia da Luz at the time, was found to have no involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.

Where and when were these complaints made and what was the outcome of the complaints?
You use the words "reported" and "understood" quite readily.
Do you have cites for these complaints?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »

Where and when were these complaints made and what was the outcome of the complaints?
You use the words "reported" and "understood" quite readily.
Do you have cites for these complaints?

Why do you keep missing my point E.

If GA stopped public looking for maddie - so did 4 of the T7 involving murat.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/02/mccann-case-expat-is-to-sue-tapas-bar.html

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:33:24 PM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/02/mccann-case-expat-is-to-sue-tapas-bar.html

I don't follow your logic at all.
There is nothing in your link to prove that such complaints were ever made.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:33:44 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »

Even if the report were true, why would it have stopped the police looking for her? 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:33:02 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »
I don't follow your logic at all.
There is nothing in your link to prove that such complaints were ever made.

Never mind - i don't follow yours either.

My ...point ....was .....4  t7 involved murat.

The link was to show you who they were.

So if public thought murat involved - they would not be looking for maddie either would they......

Offline kizzy

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
Even if the report were true, why would it have stopped the police looking for her?

Well obviously they would be.

I Can't see it being murat has maddie - case closed.lets all stop searching....do you.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2018, 09:02:48 AM »

Well obviously they would be.

I Can't see it being murat has maddie - case closed.lets all stop searching....do you.
Aren’t you just making my point for me?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »

So if public thought murat involved - they would not be looking for maddie either would they......
Why not?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »

I don't know which point of my original post requires any logic to follow.
I asked questions, none of which you have answered.
Going out in a wee while .So will catch up later.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »
Aren’t you just making my point for me?

This has got lost in translation lol. @)(++(*

It also makes my point G A didn't harm the search either. he was one of them

Online Eleanor

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »

More Myth Making.

Three of The Tapas Group said that they thought they saw Robert Murat outside 5a after Madeleine was reported missing.  At least one journalist said the same.  None of them said they saw Robert Murat carrying a child.  Not even Jane Tanner said that.
Robert Murat said that he was at home with his mother.

I don't know how to find a Link, but it was all common knowledge at the time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
More Myth Making.

Three of The Tapas Group said that they thought they saw Robert Murat outside 5a after Madeleine was reported missing.  At least one journalist said the same.  None of them said they saw Robert Murat carrying a child.  Not even Jane Tanner said that.

But also Robert's mother confirmed he was at home with her.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
More Myth Making.

Three of The Tapas Group said that they thought they saw Robert Murat outside 5a after Madeleine was reported missing. At least one journalist said the same.  None of them said they saw Robert Murat carrying a child.  Not even Jane Tanner said that.

Which journalist was present that night to be able to witness that ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future