Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240609 times)

Lyall

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
And Diana's brother is such a fine example of Noblesse Oblige.  I don't think.  I would happily see him stripped of his lands and title.
Perhaps we could have a Referendum on who should go and who should stay.

I'm all for guillotines. If there was a referendum I think there's one man who might top the list.

Goodbye, Tony ?>)()<

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2015, 06:00:45 PM »
I also have no strong views either way. Sometimes I seem to end up supporting a position in a debate due to the strong views of others. I was trying to work out if Harry's going bald yet.  8(>((

I didn't notice any bald patches but he is currently sporting a beard, red at that &%+((£
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2015, 06:04:08 PM »
How quaint. We could let the aristocracy have free rein too - like Lord Glasgow and the waiter!
I had to google that. 

I do hope you know my previous comment was a little tongue in cheek....?  That said, I do find the idea of a progressive "down-with-the-people" monarchy less appealing than one that sits in its lofty castle, wearing a crown whilst soldiers in scarlet tunics march about "changing the guard" importantly. 

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2015, 06:05:53 PM »
I'm all for guillotines. If there was a referendum I think there's one man who might top the list.

Goodbye, Tony ?>)()<
You should run away and join ISIS, maybe teach them a thing or two about the latest head-removing technology. 8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
tell me more.

&%+((£ I'm no constitutional expert, and there's more secrets there than in Richard Nixon's Oval office. It's a huge topic.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
I don't think anyone in the UK should be expected to work for less than an hourly rate equivalent to a 'living wage'.  Just looked it up and was surprised how low it is.  The average income is circa 26k per annum.

http://www.livingwage.org.uk/news/new-2015-living-wage-rates-announced

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/a-jeremy-corbynled-government-would-introduce-a-10-minimum-wage-john-mcdonnell-has-announced-10501923.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:22:00 PM by Holly Goodhead »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2015, 06:53:55 PM »
&%+((£ I'm no constitutional expert, and there's more secrets there than in Richard Nixon's Oval office. It's a huge topic.
hang on - you can't claim that the Monarchy rules us via the City and not at least shed some light on what you're talking about!!

Lyall

« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
hang on - you can't claim that the Monarchy rules us via the City and not at least shed some light on what you're talking about!!

They're intertwined I said, and they are. There's a multitude of relics of absolute monarchy still around, and people say 'oh, it's just ceremonial' or 'oh, it's just a formality', but in some cases it isn't.

Lyall

« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »
I don't think anyone in the UK should be expected to work for less than an hourly rate equivalent to a 'living wage'.  Just looked it up and was surprised how low it is.  The average income is circa 26k per annum.

http://www.livingwage.org.uk/news/new-2015-living-wage-rates-announced

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/a-jeremy-corbynled-government-would-introduce-a-10-minimum-wage-john-mcdonnell-has-announced-10501923.html

Has Osborne promised to raise the living wage/minimum wage to £9 by 2020? (I don't know exactly what he said in the budget.) But he'll have slashed tax credits by then and some employers are going to say we can't afford to pay the new rates. Big conflicts ahead.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »
They're intertwined I said, and they are. There's a multitude of relics of absolute monarchy still around, and people say 'oh, it's just ceremonial' or 'oh, it's just a formality', but in some cases it isn't.
No idea what you're on about, sorry.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2015, 07:15:39 PM »
I had to google that. 

I do hope you know my previous comment was a little tongue in cheek....?  That said, I do find the idea of a progressive "down-with-the-people" monarchy less appealing than one that sits in its lofty castle, wearing a crown whilst soldiers in scarlet tunics march about "changing the guard" importantly.

My favourites;

https://youtu.be/fnA7XrBYpvw
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:18:13 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Lyall

« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2015, 07:27:53 PM »

Lyall

« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
&%+((£ Jezza has had to state he's not going to resign already? What have I missed? It's only been 5 days!

Lyall

« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:49 PM »
Ah, it was said in a different context. Phew! ?{)(**