Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240598 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #885 on: December 15, 2019, 12:01:14 AM »

It seems pretty obvious to me that many people in Scotland want independence (and to stay in the EU), which is why they voted SNP.

However, I suspect that some voted SNP because they felt the alternatives were awful (just my opinion). At least Nicola Sturgeon is a good leader (again my opinion)!

Scotland has been there and done this already, but they were hampered by disinformation and fear, put about by David Cameron again.

The Glorious Union never was Glorious and some of us have very long memories.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #886 on: December 15, 2019, 12:37:44 AM »
Lol Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnel, does anyone seriously think the great British public would vote in this pair of Marxist numpties?  @)(++(*

&^&*%
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #887 on: December 15, 2019, 12:43:47 AM »
Lol Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnel, does anyone seriously think the great British public would vote in this pair of Marxist numpties?  @)(++(*

&^&*%

Sadly, I am distantly related to McDonnell and Diane Abbott, so it has been a bit difficult for me, along with a few other things.

The thing is that they weren't voted in as a Party.  But they were voted in as individuals.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #888 on: December 15, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »

&^&*%

Well, many of the "Great British Public" did vote for them.

Labour's overall result may have been disastrous, but they still got over 200 seats. When you think about it, that's a lot of people voting Labour.

Both Corbyn and McDonnell also won their own seats with rather large majorities.

Offline barrier

« Reply #889 on: December 15, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »

Labour's overall result may have been disastrous, but they still got over 200 seats. When you think about it, that's a lot of people voting Labour.

Both Corbyn and McDonnell also won their own seats with rather large majorities.

The areas that didn't support Labour and voted in the tories were by an large what would be described as working class areas,I'm not sure the demographics support such statements any more.The mines and such closed long ago the children of these miners have likely to have sought higher education to get away,if its any thing like this area lots of house being built occupied not by locals,this alters the political picture its not something imo Corbyn and the like took on board.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:22:29 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #890 on: December 15, 2019, 06:32:26 PM »

Yes of course but not in enough numbers to get the pair in 10/11 Downing Street.

Keir Starmer is Lab's best hope going forward. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #891 on: December 15, 2019, 07:10:03 PM »
Yes of course but not in enough numbers to get the pair in 10/11 Downing Street.

Keir Starmer is Lab's best hope going forward.
A London based Remainer?  How is he going to win back the northern working class Brexit voters?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #892 on: December 15, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
A London based Remainer?  How is he going to win back the northern working class Brexit voters?

I agree with Holly re Keir Starmer.

Once Brexit is done (and although I don't have much faith in Boris, I do believe he will get Brexit done), the northern working class people will be happier (IMO), at least for a while. If, after that while, they see that Brexit is not making their lives easier, or solving their problems , which (again, just my opinion), it may well not, then they may well revert to being Labour supporters, and by that time, they won't mind that Starmer is a remainer. Why should they, as we will have left the EU by then.

I hope this makes some sense------if it doesn't, it's because I've just had some wine with dinner!!!!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #893 on: December 15, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »

Once Brexit is done (and although I don't have much faith in Boris, I do believe he will get Brexit done), the northern working class people will be happier (IMO), at least for a while. If, after that while, they see that Brexit is not making their lives easier, or solving their problems , which (again, just my opinion), it may well not, then they may well revert to being Labour supporters, and by that time, they won't mind that Starmer is a remainer. Why should they, as we will have left the EU by then.

I hope this makes some sense------if it doesn't, it's because I've just had some wine with dinner!!!!!
Quite a few ifs and buts there.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #894 on: December 15, 2019, 08:22:33 PM »
Quite a few ifs and buts there.

Yeah, I suppose so------------!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #895 on: December 15, 2019, 09:05:59 PM »

Yep that's how I see it; the outcome of Brexit is an unknown. 

I must admit I quite  8**8:/: Keir.  Even his name is  8(>((.  Apparently his parents named him after James Keir Hardie. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #896 on: December 15, 2019, 11:45:42 PM »
Yep that's how I see it; the outcome of Brexit is an unknown. 

I must admit I quite  8**8:/: Keir.  Even his name is  8(>((.  Apparently his parents named him after James Keir Hardie.
He’s the best of a very bad bunch, but I really don’t think he’s got kerb appeal, and certainly seems to have had a charisma bypass, IMO. 

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #897 on: December 30, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »
It wasn't just the 'Northern working class' who voted Brexit. Many academics, and the professional class also voted Brexit. ALSO land owners and fishermen...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #898 on: December 30, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
It wasn't just the 'Northern working class' who voted Brexit. Many academics, and the professional class also voted Brexit. ALSO land owners and fishermen...
It’s an undeniable (if unpalatable to some) fact that the more educated and the more middle class the voter the more likely they were to have voted Remain. 

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #899 on: December 30, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
It’s an undeniable (if unpalatable to some) fact that the more educated and the more middle class the voter the more likely they were to have voted Remain.

It is not undeniable at all.  You have no actual evidence which claims to make your statements true- no matter how you try.

Some arrogant people actually believe themselves to be better than others with nothing to evidence this, they rant on and on about what they think making it sound as if they know.  (&^&

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin