Author Topic: The Real Jeremy Bamber  (Read 36980 times)

Offline Daisy

The Real Jeremy Bamber
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
I have read both this and the blue forum for sometime and with the utmost respect, many of those on both forums have formed opinions on Jeremy as regards his innocence/guilt and what type of person he is.  Many have never written, spoken to or met him.  This is why I have decided to share with you the friendship I have had with Jeremy for almost three years.  He was, I thought one of my dearest and closest friends but I seriously misjudged this man.  This will probably be a long post so I will do it in chunks so you don't get bored!
I started writing to Jeremy sometime ago after reading new information about the case and feeling that all didn't seem right.  I live not far from Essex so have always read about his case in the local papers.  I very soon became involved in the Campaign and typed some of the documents for his last CCRC submissions.  I have also done all I can to ask those in power to listen and have written to my MP,  the Prime Minister,the MOJ, the Home Secretary, CPS, IPCC etc.  I have had conversations with officials at the CCRC and also exchanged emails and spoken on the phone to Professional Standards at Essex Police. I also phoned some of the scientists who examined the sound moderator who were very pleasant towards me but adament they had come to the right conclusion. The Campaign Team told me that I was getting more results and responses than themselves.  When the Campaign mysteriously closed down for a while, I never heard from them again and my emails went unanswered. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:16:55 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

Re: The Real Jeremy Bamber
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »
Jeremy and I spoke on the phone two or three times a week and I sent him a generous monthly allowance.  We shared our hopes and dreams and I always told him he was an extended part of my family.  I just wanted him to feel that he belonged and I told him I would always support him no matter what.  He always told me I was one of his closest friends and one of the only people he could trust.  When I went on holiday, he made me promise to email him, he always phoned me on Christmas day and I truly believed our friendship was genuine.  I continued to do whatever I could to help him, even tracking down a retired senior Essex Police Officer for his help which he initially said he would do, then asked me never to contact him again!  Jeremy has sent me many documents which have never been in the public domain but I can say that none of them absolutely proved his innocence. There is one though, which indicates that there MAY have been life inside the house while Jeremy was outside but that needs investigating further.
Jeremy is witty, makes me laugh and usually cheeful in spite of the conditions he lives under.  I discovered though that he has a dark side.  He was often very evasive when I asked him questions about the case and if I ever disagreed with a piece of evidence or events, he would turn on me and shout and swear.  He told me lots of lies and in the end I took everything he said with a pinch of salt.  On my birthday last year, he sent me a lovely card telling me what a special friend I was and he promised to be with me to celebrate in 2014.  Then things changed drasticall between us. . . . . . . .

Offline Daisy

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:47:50 PM »
In September he phoned me and said he and the Campaign Team wanted me to pay for the new forensics tests.  He demanded I send him £4,000.  Before answering "no" I asked him who the scientists were as I wanted to check out their credentials.  He told me to mind my own business and just pay up.  He said if I didn't have the funds available then I should take out a bank loan.  He was very threatening and abusive.  When I started getting upset he shouted at me "stop playing the F*****ng victim."  I was so worried and concerned, I phoned the prison and discussed this call.  For anyone out there who thinks I may be telling lies, the prison confirmed that this call was recorded and retained so I have the proof.
I had already arranged a visit for October and went as planned and intended to discuss this matter with him.  He was quite unpleasant and told me he had never liked me and would never want me as a friend, along with other very hurtful remarks.  He told me himself that he had sacked Simon McKay.  I tried to talk some sense into him but he said "everyone plays to my tune or I dispose of them".   That appears to have been a lie as Simon claims to still be working for him.  I now realise I was there purely for the money.  I didn't turn up for the afternoon visit.
Back home, I wrote to Jeremy telling him how devastated I was that our friendship was a complete farce on his behalf and I was heartbroken that I was forced to walk away from him.  I have given him three months to reply and all I wanted was an apology and an explanation as to why he had lied to me for three years, pretending he was my friend.  This is why I have decided to tell my story as I don't want anyone else to be hurt by Jeremy.  I feel so guilty abandoning him but what choice did I have?  Andrea and Goatboy have got it absolutely spot on when they say Jeremy uses and abuses friends and then tosses them aside.  I feel desperately sorry for him.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
Thank you so much for those opening posts Daisy, you have more or less confirmed what we knew about Jeremy and how he uses people.  The two Jackie's whom we all know quite well on this forum have already told us their own stories of how they were thrown aside after they were no longer any use to him.  This also seems to apply to his lawyers but that is another story.

I will say before anyone else posts that I have still to verify your real identity which will of course remain confidential as per your wishes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:25:46 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline puglove

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »
Yet another member of the Bamber human debris trail.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »
I have exchanged around 4 letters with Jeremy, along with Christmas cards, over a two year period.  As you said Daisy I have found him cheerful despite his circumstances.  I have always kept everything light and would never allow myself to become personally and emotionally involved with anyone in such a situation.

If he is innocent and suffering a MoJ then I guess its almost incomprehensible to gauge his suffering and quite understandable if on occasions he gets angry and frustrated.  Plus he has no family support so I guess he offloads on friends  >@@(*&)

I haven't read these testimonies through thoroughly but I believe they are from people who have known Jeremy pre and post prison:

http://www.jeremybambertestimony.co.uk/

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Daisy

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »
I hear what you are saying Holly but there is a difference between offloading on friends and being controlling, manipulative and abusive.  No one treats their friends like that.  This is certainly not the way to behave if you claim to be a MOJ.  Jeremy comes from a decent family and had an excellent education and should have been taught basic manners.
Also you say you would never become involved with a person in his position.  Well, he is no different to the rest of us - he is just locked away.  If we didn't become emotionally involved with our friends then we would all be robots!

When we look back at his life before and shortly after the murders he was described as arrogant and controlling.  It seems he hasn't changed and is losing friends left right and centre.  I have been to the highest level and take it from me MOJ or not, Jeremy is never ever going to be released.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experiences Daisy.

One of the many fascinating aspects of the case are the contradictory opinions on JB's character which range from God like to Devil like  >@@(*&)

I do not share your view that he is no different from the rest of us.  He has had his liberty taken away and that makes him very different from the vast majority.  He is not really 'available' to give emotionally in the way that most can who have their liberty.  If I was to support Jeremy in the real sense of the word (don't count posting on a forum as support) then I would see it as a one-sided relationship ie me giving and not expecting anything in return.

If he is guilty them as far as I am concerned I would like him to spend the rest of his natural life behind bars.  I do not believe he is guilty and therefore I struggle to comprehend how he copes with the injustice.  He may have been brought up to be a perfect gentleman by way of his family and education but if he is a victim of a MoJ I think we should make a few allowances  >@@(*&)

With regard to whether or not he will ever be released I think the truth will eventually out whatever that may be.  With the advent of the internet; exchange of information; technological and scientific advances and people in general being far less deferential to authority than in 1985/86 I feel certain that we will eventually know what exactly took place in WHF on that fateful night.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline simong

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
I have exchanged around 4 letters with Jeremy, along with Christmas cards, over a two year period.  As you said Daisy I have found him cheerful despite his circumstances.  I have always kept everything light and would never allow myself to become personally and emotionally involved with anyone in such a situation.

If he is innocent and suffering a MoJ then I guess its almost incomprehensible to gauge his suffering and quite understandable if on occasions he gets angry and frustrated.  Plus he has no family support so I guess he offloads on friends  >@@(*&)

I haven't read these testimonies through thoroughly but I believe they are from people who have known Jeremy pre and post prison:

http://www.jeremybambertestimony.co.uk/

I find it bizarre that when you first joined this forum, you claimed to know little of the case and were undecided on his guilt. Now, you are saying you have communicated with Jeremy for two years. Can you explain the contradictiona as i am confused?  >@@(*&)

Offline sika

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »
I wonder what motivates somebody to write to a character like Bamber in the first place.

To those people that have, do you often write to strangers/convicts/whoever, or was this a bit of a one off?

I'm not criticising, just genuinely curious.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

I find it bizarre that when you first joined this forum, you claimed to know little of the case and were undecided on his guilt. Now, you are saying you have communicated with Jeremy for two years. Can you explain the contradictiona as i am confused?  >@@(*&)

Yes, when I joined this forum in Mar '13 I genuinely wanted to debate the case with those that have opposing views to mine so I put my neutral hat on as Holly Goodhead. 

When I started posting again on here in Nov '13 I fessed up:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2947.msg104381#msg104381

My interest in the case as follows:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3094.msg117883#msg117883

In any event I could have communicated with JB for years and not known much about the case or had any strong views on his guilt or innocence.  As I said I have exchanged around 4 letters over a two year period which are very light and non-descript.  I don't sleep with the letters under my pillow or anything like that  8(0(* If you believe JB is guilty I can quite see how you find the thought of communicating with such a person revolting.  I thought the same about Lord Longford/Myra Hindley.   

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
I wonder what motivates somebody to write to a character like Bamber in the first place.

To those people that have, do you often write to strangers/convicts/whoever, or was this a bit of a one off?

I'm not criticising, just genuinely curious.

Well that's just it isn't it no one  really seems to know this enigmatic character born Jeremy Philip Marsham and adopted/renamed Jeremy Nevill Bamber  >@@(*&)

I guess I write to strangers quite a lot since joining the Blue and Red forum by way of posting with unknown individuals.  Apart from this I don't believe I have ever previously communicated with unknown individuals.  Certainly Jeremy is the only convict I have ever communicated with.

My reason for writing to Jeremy initially was that the Government appointed an adoption czar and compiled a report which was published in The Times entitled 'Narey Report'.  I disagreed with most of it and wrote to the individuals concerned airing my views as an adoptee.  I made reference to the Bamber family in terms of the fact that the mother (June) was mentally ill as a result of adopting her daughter (Sheila).  Sheila developed mental illness and the adopted son (Jeremy) is serving life for murdering 5 members of his adoptive family.  I believe at the heart of this tragic case is an adoption that went awry.  I wanted Jeremy's views on the matter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline goatboy

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »
That's a fascinating series of posts Daisy, very few of us have been in contact with Jeremy so to find someone who has and to that level as well is always of interest.

When you say about using people and disposing of them when they are no longer of use I have made that observation about Jeremy in the past. However, the rest of my observation of this behaviour was despite being used and treated badly by a so called friend, these people Jeremy dumps seem to remain loyal and still speak highly of him. So in that respect Daisy you are unusual (it seems pretty clear you know longer feel loyal to him despite mentioning you may still think him innocent).

Regarding the possible evidence of signs of life inside the house while Jeremy was outside, are you referring to the police log which refers to officers being "in conversation" with someone in the house or something in addition to this? Of course this could mean Jeremy hadn't finished the job so is not necessarily proof of his innocence as you say.

Like it or not for Jeremy to have committed his crime he would have had to have a manipulative and controlling streak, he would have to be very cold and calculating and would have hated being asked difficult questions. All of what you say in your post points to him having these character traits. I have recently got through Matthew McDonald's statements and the thing that really struck me about Matthew is his opinion that Jeremy was a "cold fish". I feel this is quite a telling observation.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
Interesting post Daisy, but not that shocking for anyone who has followed this case and spoken to people that have supported Jeremy.

He did the same with Jackie and she was pushed out, if I remember correctly it was Jackie who actually put SImon and Jeremy in touch with each other.

Keira also wanting to help fund the Arizona gun tests  (I think itwas these tests, may have been others.) and asked me how much they would need to do full tests.

I'm ot sure if he already has some money, Daisy, and wanted £4000 to add to that to afford the tests, but £4k alone wouldn't be anywhere near enough. Thank God you didn't get a bank loan and hand over the money.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
Lol I have never read so much drivel in all my life as the 'Daisy' thread on Blue. 

Blue seem to think they should have a monopoly on new posters wanting to air a grievance about JB  >@@(*&)  Ffs what difference does it make where 'Daisy' chooses to post, we all know that interested parties read both forums and respond accordingly.  In any event whatever 'Daisy' posts, or anyone else for that matter, it's not going to make one iota in the grand scheme of things.  Do they really think that postings on forums are capable of influencing the only people in a position to review JB's conviction ie bods at CCRC or 3 x appeal court judges?   

Even the sensible ones seem to have taken leave of their senses.  JB has been incarcerated in a high security prison since he was 24 yoa with tomorrow being his 53rd birthday and yet they seem to think he should be charm personified 24/7.  These are people who believe he is the victim of the longest running MoJ in British criminal history.  Oh and have now decided that they don't actually like him even though most have never had any direct contact with him.  Instead they are happy to rely on hearsay and yet when it comes to the case they believe all manner of people lied, became muddled or conspired, ranging from JM to expert witnesses to the judiciary.  Am I missing the point  >@@(*&)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:09:43 PM by Holly Goodhead »