Author Topic: Question about Nevill's watch  (Read 54050 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Question about Nevill's watch
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »

One of each. Both very old now, not even sure exactly where they are tbh.

Is the Cartier genuine?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2020, 01:20:53 PM »
Is the Cartier genuine?

Hmm? His parents sent him money. He requested more. Said he'd 'lent' the money to a friend who hadn't repaid it. Enough being enough, they sent him a ticket. Funny how he managed the 'purchase', not just of A watch. but more than one of the creme de la creme of luxury watches. Fakes, perhaps, that he picked up for rather less than the tens of thousands the real things could have set him back?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2020, 02:11:28 PM »

Hmm? His parents sent him money. He requested more. Said he'd 'lent' the money to a friend who hadn't repaid it. Enough being enough, they sent him a ticket. Funny how he managed the 'purchase', not just of A watch. but more than one of the creme de la creme of luxury watches. Fakes, perhaps, that he picked up for rather less than the tens of thousands the real things could have set him back?

Well, having Aunt Agatha here is a perfect opportunity to settle this particular point once and for all.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 02:16:40 PM »
Well, having Aunt Agatha here is a perfect opportunity to settle this particular point once and for all.

It would certainly be good to get some clarification.

Offline Myster

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2020, 02:17:30 PM »
She'll have to find them first... probably somewhere hidden at the back of her fridge-freezer.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »
She'll have to find them first... probably somewhere hidden at the back of her fridge-freezer.

Time frozen to a standstill, perhaps?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »

She might just remember.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2020, 04:11:49 PM »
Seiko with its metal strap broken off, according to you know who.

That's what I read---the trouble is, I cant recall where.

Offline The General

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

Where was his stop off, Singapore? Some of the best snides available came from Singers.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Myster

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »
That's what I read---the trouble is, I cant recall where.
CAL is fairly reliable.  Hardback, Chapter 22, page 187.  epub, page 423.5... or type Seiko in the search box.

The watch must have received a hefty blow for the strap to separate from the body. Perhaps that could be what caused the scratch on the moderator when Nevill was defending himself with his right arm.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2020, 06:02:36 PM »
Is the Cartier genuine?

Both are genuine.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2020, 06:07:28 PM »
CAL is fairly reliable.  Hardback, Chapter 22, page 187.  epub, page 423.5... or type Seiko in the search box.

The watch must have received a hefty blow for the strap to separate from the body. Perhaps that could be what caused the scratch on the moderator when Nevill was defending himself with his right arm.

There is no damage to face of watches.
I thought the role was real, I've never had it looked at.
His omega was a present from his family if I recall rightly... It was so long ago I cannot recall.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 07:01:10 PM »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2020, 07:04:24 PM »

There is no damage to face of watches.
I thought the role was real, I've never had it looked at.
His omega was a present from his family if I recall rightly... It was so long ago I cannot recall.

Rolex or Cartier?

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
Seiko with its metal strap broken off, according to you know who.

Oh, Seiko are excellent watches and such good quality.  They’re likened to Rolex for their accuracy, but as they don’t have the “cool” brand of Rolex people don’t pay stupid amounts for them, despite them being equally good as Rolex.

They have some amazing watches, and whilst some models are less expensive than Rolex they’re certainly not cheap. Depends on the model, of course...but they’re highly valued watches, and usually worn by people who have no desire to flaunt their wealth but want a good quality watch.
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.