Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 535180 times)

Offline misty

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1245 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »
One simple question. What was the nature of the verified crime?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1246 on: June 18, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
They can construct a timeline on a computer, though.

6:4 they did and had a copy printed off ready for the reconstitution.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1247 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »
One simple question. What was the nature of the verified crime?

something along the lines of a missing child  and parents claim of abduction...

I don't suppose they would  discuss a live investigation with suspects- but a co ordinator did write a book discussing what line of thoughts were...it included staging an abduction.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #1248 on: June 18, 2018, 10:39:32 PM »

I don't suppose they would  discuss a live investigation with suspects- but a co ordinator did write a book discussing what line of thoughts were...it included staging an abduction.

So you would agree that the nature of the crime had not been verified & all options remained on the table at the time of archiving, including woke & wandered. IMO you cannot be "not innocent" of an undefined crime, confirmed by the fact all 3 arguidos had their status lifted under the same filing article, despite the differing nature of the crime(s) they were questioned about.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1249 on: June 18, 2018, 10:50:43 PM »
Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BTNVtHK3IA
or this even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmO2pM20MrU   !!
I am more interested in the process and how it is supposed to work. Processes all become a SNAFU with too much operator intervention that overrides interlocks because idiots always know best! Then of course the original process may not have passed the LBJ test.

What's the LBJ test?

PS Thanks for the links to Horace. ;)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1250 on: June 18, 2018, 10:53:49 PM »
So you would agree that the nature of the crime had not been verified & all options remained on the table at the time of archiving, including woke & wandered. IMO you cannot be "not innocent" of an undefined crime, confirmed by the fact all 3 arguidos had their status lifted under the same filing article, despite the differing nature of the crime(s) they were questioned about.

No, I don't agree because I was not privy to all the investigation information the PJ had and what crime/s they were looking at which required further evidence...Sorry.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Carana

« Reply #1251 on: June 18, 2018, 11:00:42 PM »

I think you are missing a couple of valid points.

1. the tapas would do this in real time- why do they not want this? They claim:

1a  it wouldn't help in the search for Madeliene
   1b  it would be too upsetting for K and G

2.It would show up major discrepancies  like JTs pyjama memory,improving after discussions with K and G... where Gerry and Jez were when she passed (they disagreed about this on the panorama reconstruction)- it didn't seem to be too upsetting doing it for TV.

* a computer time line would not be accepted as evidence of the tapas behaviour during the time-line.

They could have instructed them to do whatever in 10 different ways, walk faster or slower, make more noise, change the lights back, put that huge tree back... and chosen whichever best fit the latest theory (although unlikely under Rebelo). How would it have helped find Madeleine?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1252 on: June 18, 2018, 11:05:18 PM »

So you think they should instruct them to simulate staging an abduction?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1253 on: June 18, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
They could have instructed them to do whatever in 10 different ways, walk faster or slower, make more noise, change the lights back, put that huge tree back... and chosen whichever best fit the latest theory (although unlikely under Rebelo). How would it have helped find Madeleine?

True. Rebelo always seemed to suspect parental/friend involvement.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1254 on: June 18, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
You don’t half talk some nonsense Rob.....I refuse to give my DNA....oh you must be innocent then. Ridiculous.
That analogy doesn't seem to make sense to me.  "I refuse to give my DNA....oh you must be innocent guilty then."  would be more in line.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1255 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
They had ample opportunity to do that anyway, a reconstitution would have achieved little or nothing IMO.
I can't see any real intention by the PJ to do a reconstruction.  IMO they were just seeing whether the  Tapas 7 and others were willing to attend.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:19:54 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1256 on: June 18, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »
Carana your lack of a true understanding of Portuguese is showing. The right translation for 277-1 is : as soon as enough evidence is gathered to confirm that no crime was perpetrated. verificar = confirm, not determine
For instance X calls the police to say that he found Y dead and suspects Z to be the murderer.
The  police finds out that Y wasn't murdered but committed suicide. The  prosecutor produces a filing order shelving the investigation using the  277/1.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1257 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:44 PM »
6:4 they did and had a copy printed off ready for the reconstitution.

@)(++(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1258 on: June 18, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
What's the LBJ test?

PS Thanks for the links to Horace. ;)

"You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered".

Tony Blair once wanted to have a law where a person could be arrested "if it looked like they were about to commit a crime".
"Liberals" by default will provide all the legal means whereby totalitarians can legitimately and easily take over...OT I know.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #1259 on: June 18, 2018, 11:38:19 PM »
True. Rebelo always seemed to suspect parental/friend involvement.

I've no idea what he actually thought. IMO, he got catapulted in but couldn't take it from scratch as there were arguidos and the clock was ticking. He basicly had to get to the bottom of as many loose ends as possible to clarify if there was any evidence of a crime and whether any of the arguidos were involved. If so then slap whomever with charges, if not, the investigation would have to be shelved. There was simply not enough time to start going systematically through every potential lead as the UK police have been doing (nor the resources).