Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92433 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
Well, as you say, you're just here for the craic.
I am indeed, I’m not here as a McCann scholar or armchair detective, is that so very wrong of me?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
I am indeed, I’m not here as a McCann scholar or armchair detective, is that so very wrong of me?

Not in the least; it just means you have different priorities.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2019, 11:23:56 PM »
Not in the least; it just means you have different priorities.
Not really.  Anyone who says they post here for purely altruistic reasons is a liar.  We’re all here to enjoy ourselves, it’s just some get their enjoyment from picking holes in the McCanns’ statements and some get their enyoyment from pointing out the absurd logic others employ to maintain their belief that the McCanns were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »
Not really.  Anyone who says they post here for purely altruistic reasons is a liar.  We’re all here to enjoy ourselves, it’s just some get their enjoyment from picking holes in the McCanns’ statements and some get their enyoyment from pointing out the absurd logic others employ to maintain their belief that the McCanns were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance.

It all comes down to opinion in the end because of the lack of evidence. The point is I think abusing other members is wrong, full stop. You seem to think it's OK.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »
It all comes down to opinion in the end because of the lack of evidence. The point is I think abusing other members is wrong, full stop. You seem to think it's OK.

You seem to think that posters who abuse the family of a missing little girl is ok.
I don't remember any outcry when a moderator called Madeleine's parents s***!.
That was his opinion!
When the jocular post was made by a poster who finds humour in a little girls disappearance and when that post was liked by a moderator, then a poster is entitled to use the same descriptive language as has been previously endorsed by a moderator. IMO.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:12:41 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
You don’t think it’s wrong at all.  You have liked several abusive posts aimed at supporters.  Plus your definition of abuse is extremely wide when you think you’re on the receiving end of it, having been accused myself by  you of abusing you in the past.  I have also been accused of being a stalker by another member, simply for challenging her views, so  could you define “abuse” specifically? 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:14:14 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline APRIL

« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
You don’t think it’s wrong at all.  You have liked several abusive posts aimed at supporters.  Plus your definition of abuse is extremely wide when you think you’re on the receiving end of it, having been accused myself by  you of abusing you in the past.  I have also been accused of being a stalker by another member, simply for challenging her views, so  could define “abuse” specifically?

"Abuse" appears to be a word which is thrown around willy-nilly. I was accused of attacking someone on another forum because I typed certain words in capitals!!! ie "YOU", as opposed to "you" purely to emphasize that something was personal rather than generic. Accusing someone of abuse simply because they disagree seems common-place, as is the accusation of "stalker" because one poster takes offense at being disagreed with by, say, one person in particular. Such a delicate little flower/internet virgin was I, when it first occurred, that I was appalled that such could be thought of me.........................I learned very quickly that a thick skin is de rigour!!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
I class abuse as making personal remarks to other members. Calling them stupid, unintelligent or otherwise lacking in some way. I take those insults on the chin because I know it means they have run out of sensible answers, I'm aksi amused by the fact that those who hurl these insults around complain so bitterly if someone upsets them. Ifthey can't take it they shouldn't dish it out.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
I class abuse as making personal remarks to other members. Calling them stupid, unintelligent or otherwise lacking in some way. I take those insults on the chin because I know it means they have run out of sensible answers, I'm aksi amused by the fact that those who hurl these insults around complain so bitterly if someone upsets them. Ifthey can't take it they shouldn't dish it out.
Does that explain why you sometimes like abusive posts aimed at members who you perceive to be abusive?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
You’ll be pleased to know I have received a warning for making snide remarks to other posters.  I have no idea which post so offended the mods, it would be nice to know though. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
Does that explain why you sometimes like abusive posts aimed at members who you perceive to be abusive?

I like all kinds of posts for all kinds of reasons; not all of them by sceptics either. Davel's reference to the illuminations a while back made me laugh out loud.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
You’ll be pleased to know I have received a warning for making snide remarks to other posters.  I have no idea which post so offended the mods, it would be nice to know though.

Don't you know when you're being snide?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
Don't you know when you're being snide?

You are being snide in that post!

"Mocking in an indirect way"

In my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:15:48 PM by Erngath »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »

It's nonsense.
At least in school pupils knew the reason  why  they  were being " punished"
Was the snide remark the reason you have the ten percent award?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2019, 09:23:34 PM »
You are being snide in that post!

"Mocking in an indirect way"

In my opinion of course.

You're fond of accusing others, aren't you? I don't know whether VS is able to judge his/her own posts or not. 
Result = happy posting.