Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber - The Campaigner Blog  (Read 46778 times)

jackiepreece

Re: Jeremy Bamber - The Campaigner Blog
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »
John are you prepared to travel to Full Sutton to meet Jeremy if you get the chance because I think you should put that in your letter.

Reference earlier posts relating to Jeremy's background at Greshams School I was contacted by Matt Arnold a previous GMTV presenter who went to Greshams and he believes Jeremy to be innocent

Offline John

« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
John are you prepared to travel to Full Sutton to meet Jeremy if you get the chance because I think you should put that in your letter.

Reference earlier posts relating to Jeremy's background at Greshams School I was contacted by Matt Arnold a previous GMTV presenter who went to Greshams and he believes Jeremy to be innocent

Yes of course Jack.  Why does Matt Arnold believe him to be innocent or is this yet more playground semantics? 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

jackiepreece

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
John I believe it's biased around my thoughts of Jeremy not being capable because he had no history of violence or being exposed to violence and the person responsible for those murders would have

It would be based on Jeremy's character at school, in fact I don't think I have ever read anywear people from Jeremy's school saying anywhere I am not surprised he grew up to be a killer.

There is often a hint in someone's past of what's to come

jackiepreece

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
John as there is a chance you might meet Jeremy or talk to him on the phone could you give us some idea of the scenario of the 1% you believe Jeremy could be innocent.
I am guessing you would include a third party involvement ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »
John I believe it's biased around my thoughts of Jeremy not being capable because he had no history of violence or being exposed to violence and the person responsible for those murders would have

It would be based on Jeremy's character at school, in fact I don't think I have ever read anywear people from Jeremy's school saying anywhere I am not surprised he grew up to be a killer.

It doesn't happen that way in many cases Jackie.  Just look at the killing of Reeva Steenkamp whom gold medallist Oscar Pistorius shot four times through a locked bathroom door as she attempted to shelter from his violence.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
John as there is a chance you might meet Jeremy or talk to him on the phone could you give us some idea of the scenario of the 1% you believe Jeremy could be innocent.
I am guessing you would include a third party involvement ?

If there was a third party involvement it was with Jeremy's agreement Jackie.  No matter what way you cut it he is guilty by the facts.

I don't want to say he is 100% guilty because there is always the possibility of a terrible mistake but in all reality it isn't very likely.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Myster

« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »

It's called pre-planning, Jackie!

One thing I learned recently from the Wilkes' book - At the beginning of March 1985 Osea site manager Jim Carr was off sick, and during March it was customary for caravan owners to call at the site office to pay their annual fees. So Ann Eaton and Robert Boutflour manned the office for the first two weekends in March 1985, whilst Nevill and Jeremy Bamber manned it for the second two weeks. Monies were normally paid straight into the bank, but at Jeremy's suggestion they were placed in the office safe.

On the 22nd. March the office was burgled and nearly £1000 was stolen from it..... 'nuff said!!!

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

jackiepreece

« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:10 AM »
Two very thought provoking posts taken from the blue, one regarding PII and a MOJ case Steven Johnston

The other regarding the impossibilities getting the Bamber case back to the appeal court

John you probably know a lot about the Johnston case?

Re: jeremy bamber poll

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:02 AM »
Quote from: Neil on Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Can anybody give me some examples of why material may be withheld under PII?

Just watched a very interesting documentary on Sky Crime channel about the MOJ of Steven Johnston. This man was deliberately fitted up by police and documents pointing to his innocence were deliberately withheld from his defence. Just goes to show - it happens and this guy served 10 years as a result!!

http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/stevenjohnston/index.html

He has since been released thanks to the SCCRC and the detective inspector (Richard Munro) has been convicted for withholding evidence from prosecutors. Sadly because of ineptitude, the real killers were never brought to justice!!

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2006hcjac30.html
« Last Edit: Today at 12:15 AM by Caroline »
  Martin

« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:07 AM »
Quote from: petey on Yesterday at 11:46 PM
1 - Why on earth should Julie be forced to undergo a lie detector test?  Are u suggesting that every single time there is some element of doubt over whether a witness at trial is telling the absolute 100% truth, they should be forced to undergo a lie detector test?!   That is an absolutely ridiculous proposition.

2 - Using the words 'conspire' and 'defraud' These are incredibly serious accusations. I certainly don't think the investigation was carried out well, but there is no way I would ever accuse the police or relatives of purposely maliciously conspiring to defraud Jeremy!

3 - This is an impossible question to answer as nobody on this forum knows the full extent of the new evidence. If the event occurred today then DNA would prove one way or the other whether JB was guilty.

4 - Again an impossible question to answer, as we do not know the reason why certain documents are withheld under pii. There may very well be genuine reasons for witholding from the defence in which case they should not be released.  I think it would be very helpful for public perception if Essex police provided a document list of what was being withheld for the defence and the reasons for doing so.  Without this it just gives people an excuse to jump on the bandwagon and assume that all withheld evidence points to JBs innocence. This could well not be the case.

"2 - Using the words 'conspire' and 'defraud' These are incredibly serious accusations. I certainly don't think the investigation was carried out well, but there is no way I would ever accuse the police or relatives of purposely maliciously conspiring to defraud Jeremy!"

You don’t seem to understand the basic dynamics of this case. There is simply no scenario which could be imagined where Jeremy is proven to be innocent without that implying wrongdoing on the part of the police and the relatives. The three are inseparable and are the basic reason why no evidence which Bamber can put forward, henceforth, will be accepted as strong enough to justify referring the case to the Court of Appeal. Avoiding such a scandal defines the real position of the CCRC who have almost certainly been told by the government not to refer the case. You are basically representing the pro guilt position, but somewhat dishonestly.

The commitment to supporting the police implies the commitment to supporting the guilty verdict in the face of any evidence to the contrary (apart from a “game over” situation such as policeman actually admitting that Bamber was framed.) Such a requirement is much stronger than would normally be required for a conviction to be deemed unsafe.

A referral to the Court of Appeal is virtually impossible in such a circumstance, because any evidence not strong enough to bring about an immediate acquittal will be rejected and rejected without an explanation if there is none to give.

"Two bodies found on entry."

The logs, in which it is clearly stated several times that two bodies were found on entry to the house, don’t seem to carry any weight with pro guilt people, probably because they have made a commitment to supporting authority. If those logs are correct, then the policemen who’s statements they contradict have lied. So you have to say that a number of references to two bodies and to further details consistent with Sheila having shot herself downstairs are all just mistakes. That’s where you dig your trench!

How likely is it that such a set of mutually corroborative entries are all mistaken? Random mistakes are not just unlikely to produce a logically consistent narrative. It is absurd that they should do so.

Let me see you try to explain the reporting of “One murder and one suicide.” at a time prior to when Sheila’s body was allegedly found upstairs.  I know what the usual pro guilt answer  is. They merely remind us that the CCRC have rejected that evidence which proves that it wasn’t as strong as Bamber’s supporters thought it was. And then, possibly, remind us that he was found guilty in a court of law and so on and so on.

A historian who argued in such a manner would be laughed at. “People who criticise Henry VIII should remember that he was the head of state at that time and, therefore, should show a little more respect for the decisions he made.”

And then there is this kind of drivel.
“Oh well, in all the confusion it was natural that mistakes would be made”

Let me ask a question. Why do you think the police did not report finding a beached whale downstairs? Well the answer is obvious isn’t it. The basic idea is to report what you did find, not what you didn’t find.

Offline puglove

« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
Two very thought provoking posts taken from the blue, one regarding PII and a MOJ case Steven Johnston

The other regarding the impossibilities getting the Bamber case back to the appeal court

John you probably know a lot about the Johnston case?

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:02 AM »
Quote from: Neil on Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Can anybody give me some examples of why material may be withheld under PII?

Just watched a very interesting documentary on Sky Crime channel about the MOJ of Steven Johnston. This man was deliberately fitted up by police and documents pointing to his innocence were deliberately withheld from his defence. Just goes to show - it happens and this guy served 10 years as a result!!

http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/stevenjohnston/index.html

He has since been released thanks to the SCCRC and the detective inspector (Richard Munro) has been convicted for withholding evidence from prosecutors. Sadly because of ineptitude, the real killers were never brought to justice!!

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2006hcjac30.html
« Last Edit: Today at 12:15 AM by Caroline »
  Martin

« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:07 AM »
Quote from: petey on Yesterday at 11:46 PM
1 - Why on earth should Julie be forced to undergo a lie detector test?  Are u suggesting that every single time there is some element of doubt over whether a witness at trial is telling the absolute 100% truth, they should be forced to undergo a lie detector test?!   That is an absolutely ridiculous proposition.

2 - Using the words 'conspire' and 'defraud' These are incredibly serious accusations. I certainly don't think the investigation was carried out well, but there is no way I would ever accuse the police or relatives of purposely maliciously conspiring to defraud Jeremy!

3 - This is an impossible question to answer as nobody on this forum knows the full extent of the new evidence. If the event occurred today then DNA would prove one way or the other whether JB was guilty.

4 - Again an impossible question to answer, as we do not know the reason why certain documents are withheld under pii. There may very well be genuine reasons for witholding from the defence in which case they should not be released.  I think it would be very helpful for public perception if Essex police provided a document list of what was being withheld for the defence and the reasons for doing so.  Without this it just gives people an excuse to jump on the bandwagon and assume that all withheld evidence points to JBs innocence. This could well not be the case.

"2 - Using the words 'conspire' and 'defraud' These are incredibly serious accusations. I certainly don't think the investigation was carried out well, but there is no way I would ever accuse the police or relatives of purposely maliciously conspiring to defraud Jeremy!"

You don’t seem to understand the basic dynamics of this case. There is simply no scenario which could be imagined where Jeremy is proven to be innocent without that implying wrongdoing on the part of the police and the relatives. The three are inseparable and are the basic reason why no evidence which Bamber can put forward, henceforth, will be accepted as strong enough to justify referring the case to the Court of Appeal. Avoiding such a scandal defines the real position of the CCRC who have almost certainly been told by the government not to refer the case. You are basically representing the pro guilt position, but somewhat dishonestly.

The commitment to supporting the police implies the commitment to supporting the guilty verdict in the face of any evidence to the contrary (apart from a “game over” situation such as policeman actually admitting that Bamber was framed.) Such a requirement is much stronger than would normally be required for a conviction to be deemed unsafe.

A referral to the Court of Appeal is virtually impossible in such a circumstance, because any evidence not strong enough to bring about an immediate acquittal will be rejected and rejected without an explanation if there is none to give.

"Two bodies found on entry."

The logs, in which it is clearly stated several times that two bodies were found on entry to the house, don’t seem to carry any weight with pro guilt people, probably because they have made a commitment to supporting authority. If those logs are correct, then the policemen who’s statements they contradict have lied. So you have to say that a number of references to two bodies and to further details consistent with Sheila having shot herself downstairs are all just mistakes. That’s where you dig your trench!

How likely is it that such a set of mutually corroborative entries are all mistaken? Random mistakes are not just unlikely to produce a logically consistent narrative. It is absurd that they should do so.

Let me see you try to explain the reporting of “One murder and one suicide.” at a time prior to when Sheila’s body was allegedly found upstairs.  I know what the usual pro guilt answer  is. They merely remind us that the CCRC have rejected that evidence which proves that it wasn’t as strong as Bamber’s supporters thought it was. And then, possibly, remind us that he was found guilty in a court of law and so on and so on.

A historian who argued in such a manner would be laughed at. “People who criticise Henry VIII should remember that he was the head of state at that time and, therefore, should show a little more respect for the decisions he made.”

And then there is this kind of drivel.
“Oh well, in all the confusion it was natural that mistakes would be made”

Let me ask a question. Why do you think the police did not report finding a beached whale downstairs? Well the answer is obvious isn’t it. The basic idea is to report what you did find, not what you didn’t find.

No offence, Jac, but that reply to Petey is one of the biggest piles of plop I've ever read. Catch you later, duck. XX
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
For the record it is my understanding that any information to be held under PII by Essex Police or anyone else has to be presented to a High Court judge in detail along with the reasons why such information should be held under PII.  So anyone implying that EP are deliberately hiding evidence supporting Bamber's innocense is also accusing a High Court judge of conspiring to pervert the course of justice!

Furthermore the premise that Essex Police would 'hide' crucial Bamberite evidense under a PII cert. is quite ludicrous in itself. I am quite certain that EP could find a better place to 'hide' any such phantom evidence; in a shredding machine or over a match for example!

Silly Bamberettes!

Offline puglove

« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
For the record it is my understanding that any information to be held under PII by Essex Police or anyone else has to be presented to a High Court judge in detail along with the reasons why such information should be held under PII.  So anyone implying that EP are deliberately hiding evidence supporting Bamber's innocense is also accusing a High Court judge of conspiring to pervert the course of justice!

Furthermore the premise that Essex Police would 'hide' crucial Bamberite evidense under a PII cert. is quite ludicrous in itself. I am quite certain that EP could find a better place to 'hide' any such phantom evidence; in a shredding machine or over a match for example!

Silly Bamberettes!

This is what happens when people have TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS. They wait till the wife has gone to work then put on a balaclava, watch The New Avengers, get over-excited and run round the house shooting gun-fingers and knocking the capodimonte over.

Tch.     ?8)@)-)

Dillon

« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »

Silly Bamberettes!

This is what happens when people have TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS. They wait till the wife has gone to work then put on a balaclava, watch The New Avengers, get over-excited and run round the house shooting gun-fingers and knocking the capodimonte over.

Tch.     ?8)@)-)

I wish ! Only in for a quick hot choc to thaw out . Biting Easterly wind but still another 75 hawthorn to be planted in new 100 metre hedge in field. Bamberites, put on your wellies ( no funny comments please, Shona ) and help save the planet . Jeremy can come too if they will let you out for the day . You love the rugged outdoor farming life, don't you matey ?

Offline puglove

« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

Silly Bamberettes!

Tch.     ?8)@)-)

Ooh er!! Just read this back and it looks like I'm accusing Tim of owning crappodimonte. I'm sure he doesn't. Or a tosh like a knackered dandy brush. Or an angry bottom.    8((()*/

Offline puglove

« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »

Silly Bamberettes!

Tch.     ?8)@)-)

I wish ! Only in for a quick hot choc to thaw out . Biting Easterly wind but still another 75 hawthorn to be planted in new 100 metre hedge in field. Bamberites, put on your wellies ( no funny comments please, Shona ) and help save the planet . Jeremy can come too if they will let you out for the day . You love the rugged outdoor farming life, don't you matey ?

Ho ho!! Jeremy the horny-handed son of soil and tractor expert!! Yeah, right!!     @)(++(*

Dillon

« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
That's half the trouble . The boy hated farming and envied Sheila and Colin's London life. All this stuff about loving farming, wanting to buy a little farm in Dorset ( I think ) with all the compo and media loot he might get when his innocence is finally established is pure
Jeremy bull poo. Lunch over, back to the land. Muddy and cold. I can see JB's point. Must be nice and warm in the braille workshop, then a session in the gym or the art class followed by a bit of tele .