Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395593 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3735 on: October 04, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »
Your assumptions concerning my Comment are correct.

Can I ask you how you think this forced adoption will have worked Eleanor?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3736 on: October 04, 2018, 07:31:45 PM »

In my opinion that is an exceedingly silly question which flies in the face of reasonable debate.  Any chance of getting back on topic ... discussion of LATEST NEWS.    Thank you/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3737 on: October 04, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »

Just like any normal adoption, but without the legal hassle.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3738 on: October 04, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
Just like any normal adoption, but without the legal hassle.

How did they find the child ? Did the adoptive parents have agents scouring the world for just the right child ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3739 on: October 04, 2018, 07:47:32 PM »
As it is an international case the CPS will be involved throughout. My post to which you responded said: "Eventually it will be passed to the CPS as that is the way the system works.
Otherwise OG would have had no objective whatever......except possibly "it all makes work for the working man to do".
You seem to think differently or wanted to drag the conversation away from that particular issue.

Maybe this will help clarify:

CPS
The CPS is a designated prosecuting authority under the Crime (International Co-operation) Act 2003 (CICA). Every case the CPS deals with is allocated to a reviewing lawyer who is responsible for all aspects of the file, including the issue of letters of request (LOR) and extradition requests.

Early consultation with the CPS is required due to the timescales involved in producing the LOR, particularly in cases where arrest warrants are involved.

Some European countries may be very specific on the way information is requested. The Netherlands, for example, has strict privacy laws which subsequently mean that they require an LOR for almost any request for personal data.
 Investigators should provide the CPS with robust reasons why an LOR is needed.

[/b]

That's clear enough I think.  Should you have any queries, however, please hesitate to contact me and ponder whether your query would be more appropriately addressed to the CPS.
Oh ok then.  Your post does not really explain what role the CPS has when a case is shelved with no arrests or suspects to speak of but thanks anyway.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3740 on: October 04, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
How did they find the child ? Did the adoptive parents have agents scouring the world for just the right child ?

In my opinion it was probably a local spot.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3741 on: October 04, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
In my opinion it was probably a local spot.

A local spot ? How would that work ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3742 on: October 05, 2018, 02:01:06 AM »
A local spot ? How would that work ?

These three managed to 'spot' exactly the type of child they were looking for and crossed borders prepared for an abduction which is exactly what they did.
If their premeditated plan had worked as it so easily could have without the speedy action of the authorities and I think a lot of luck, who knows what would have become of that little girl.

Snip
Sébastien Branchu, 46, his wife Alexia, 59, and Emeline Oeillet, 27, followed the toddler and her mother around a supermarket and out into the street in preparation for the kidnapping.

Once they had an opportunity, they violently shoved the woman, snatched the child then bundled her into a car and fled, leaving the mother in the road.

They then changed the child’s hair, dressed her in separate clothes they had brought with them, and drove towards the Serbian border in March 2015.
==============================================
French national Emeline Oeillet didn’t want her ex-partner to have rights to look after their daughter, and planned to use the kidnapped two-year-old as a stand-in during a paternity test.

The three defendants reportedly targeted the girl as she looked similar to Emeline’s child, and reasoned people would not know the difference when it came to DNA testing.

When the false result came back, it would ‘prove’ her ex-boyfriend was not the father.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/10/21/three-jailed-for-kidnapping-a-toddler-from-the-street-to-use-her-dna-6205578/?ito=cbshare
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3743 on: October 05, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »
In my opinion that is an exceedingly silly question which flies in the face of reasonable debate.  Any chance of getting back on topic ... discussion of LATEST NEWS.    Thank you/

Not silly at all.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #3744 on: October 05, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
These three managed to 'spot' exactly the type of child they were looking for and crossed borders prepared for an abduction which is exactly what they did.
If their premeditated plan had worked as it so easily could have without the speedy action of the authorities and I think a lot of luck, who knows what would have become of that little girl.

Snip
Sébastien Branchu, 46, his wife Alexia, 59, and Emeline Oeillet, 27, followed the toddler and her mother around a supermarket and out into the street in preparation for the kidnapping.

Once they had an opportunity, they violently shoved the woman, snatched the child then bundled her into a car and fled, leaving the mother in the road.

They then changed the child’s hair, dressed her in separate clothes they had brought with them, and drove towards the Serbian border in March 2015.
==============================================
French national Emeline Oeillet didn’t want her ex-partner to have rights to look after their daughter, and planned to use the kidnapped two-year-old as a stand-in during a paternity test.

The three defendants reportedly targeted the girl as she looked similar to Emeline’s child, and reasoned people would not know the difference when it came to DNA testing.

When the false result came back, it would ‘prove’ her ex-boyfriend was not the father.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/10/21/three-jailed-for-kidnapping-a-toddler-from-the-street-to-use-her-dna-6205578/?ito=cbshare

What a story! Sounds like a plot from some telefilm on Fox Life!

Offline Lace

« Reply #3745 on: October 05, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
Raymond Hewlett told people he had befriended that Gypsies offered to buy his little girl who looked like Madeleine.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3746 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:07 PM »
Raymond Hewlett told people he had befriended that Gypsies offered to buy his little girl who looked like Madeleine.

Yep.  I remember that.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3747 on: October 05, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »
So allegedly.. gypsies that openly ask to buy children from dodgy fellas get desperate and break into a watched house to steal a child?

Why not just go on asking dodgy blokes if they can buy their children? Surely this is not 'latest news' either, it's very, very old news.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3748 on: October 05, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
So allegedly.. gypsies that openly ask to buy children from dodgy fellas get desperate and break into a watched house to steal a child?

Why not just go on asking dodgy blokes if they can buy their children? Surely this is not 'latest news' either, it's very, very old news.

Hewlett was the only one who got friendly with the Gypsies on the camp site he stayed at.   He said this to friends way before the police came to hunt him down.    A man without money what was stopping him looking out for a child who resembled his own?   He lied to the police too about the van he had when Madeleine went missing he said he had the blue one but he really had a white one, then all of a sudden he has money for a new van.   All IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #3749 on: October 05, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
Sorry is it off topic?   I read the posts above about how children were targeted.