Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395331 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3765 on: October 05, 2018, 06:47:38 PM »
I'm not comparing public suspicion. I was comparing evidence that the police collected. They found quite a bit of evidence and we have not been told which pieces ( if any) relate to an abductor.  A blanket was found, sandals, footprints outside the house and police DID believe the window screen on the floor to be evidence of entry - unlike the McCann case with just them insisting the window was a point of entry.

I would wait until the Celis case is over completely before deciding it is so similar.

The evidence is detailed here;

https://www.scribd.com/document/343663429/Tucson-Police-Department-Isabel-Celis-Report-6
Plenty of evidence has been collected from witnesses in the McCann case, as yet we don’t know which pertains to the perpetrator (s), there is also a possible point of entry, the similarities are myriad. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3766 on: October 05, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »
Plenty of evidence has been collected from witnesses in the McCann case, as yet we don’t know which pertains to the perpetrator (s), there is also a possible point of entry, the similarities are myriad.

Yes plenty of evidence in an investigation that was shelved because none of it proved an abductor had been there. I think you're being disingenuous if you mean the entry point was the window. No police in the McCann case have agreed it was an entry point. Even Clarence Mitchell eventually confirmed there was no forced entry. The Celis evidence has not been assessed and tested publicly yet.

Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa, spokesman for the investigation, has confided in British former Chief Inspector Albert Kirby that neither the windows nor their shutters had been tampered with.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleines-parents-left-patio-doors-unlocked-6582022.html

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3767 on: October 05, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
Yes plenty of evidence in an investigation that was shelved because none of it proved an abductor had been there. I think you're being disingenuous if you mean the entry point was the window. No police in the McCann case have agreed it was an entry point. Even Clarence Mitchell eventually confirmed there was no forced entry. The Celis evidence has not been assessed and tested publicly yet.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleines-parents-left-patio-doors-unlocked-6582022.html
I am not being disingenuous.  I said there was a POSSIBLE point of entry which there is, we don’t know what the current police have agreed re: the open window and how could anyone rule it out 100% anyway?  If you refuse to accept that there are numerous parallels between the two cases then that is up to you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #3768 on: October 05, 2018, 10:58:01 PM »
'Maddie's still in Portugal': Detective who worked on Madeleine McCann case believes she could be alive with no idea of world-wide hunt to find her - as police ask for more cash for search

Former detective Dave Edgar believes missing Madeleine McCann is still alive
Speaking last year Mr Edgar claimed the disappearance was 'intricately planned'
Mr Edgar said it was 'unlikely' that Madeleine was smuggled out of the country

A former detective has revealed he remains 'hopeful' that Madeleine McCann will be found alive in Portugal.

Former Detective Inspector Dave Edgar was hired by Kate and Gerry McCann to look into their daughter's disappearance and worked on the case for three years before it was taken over by the Met Police in 2011.

Speaking out today, Mr Edgar believes the case is 'solvable' and maintains there are 'people out there who know what happened'.

Last year Mr Edgar claimed the kidnapper was being protected and said the disappearance was 'intricately planned by a gang of paedophiles'.

He once said he believed Madeleine was being held in an underground cell or dungeon, like the victims of Josef Fritzl.

Mr Edgar told The Sun today there is still the chance of a breakthrough, adding: '[Madeleine] could literally be anywhere in the world but my hunch is that she is in Portugal.

The chance that she may have been smuggled out of the country without being detected is highly unlikely. There is someone in Portugal with an open knowledge of where she is and what happened.'

Last week, the Home Office confirmed it was considering an application from Scotland Yard for more funding to continue the hunt for the youngster.

In a blog published on September 26, it said: 'We have received and are considering a request from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange until the end of March 2019.

'The Home Office maintains an ongoing dialogue with the MPS regarding funding for Operation Grange.'

Scotland Yard launched Operation Grange in 2013 after a Portuguese inquiry failed to make any headway.

UK detectives were granted an extra £150,000 in March to continue the probe, to cover until the end of September.

Operation Grange has cost £11.6 million so far.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6234789/Detective-worked-Madeleine-McCann-case-believes-alive.html

This is all merely supposition and opinion by Dave Edgar.  The real difficulty is an absence of credible evidence one way or another.  She might well have been carried off but what happened to her then is anyone's guess.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3769 on: October 13, 2018, 02:58:28 AM »
Please confine discussion of a topic which already has a thread in the members' area to that place.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3770 on: November 13, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg502450#msg502450

Thanks Misty.

So "the truth is out there" and the British government is continuing to put up the money necessary for finding it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3771 on: November 13, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg502459#msg502459

Just enough money I think to keep whatever it is they are investigating ticking over ... but in terms that it means that a live investigation still needs it to keep going is in my opinion a confirmation of the determination behind the investigation which still obviously has some mileage.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3772 on: November 13, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »

Thanks Misty.

So "the truth is out there" and the British government is continuing to put up the money necessary for finding it.

Excellent news.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3773 on: November 13, 2018, 07:59:17 PM »

Thanks Misty.

That amounts to £25,000 per month. No full-time staff are being employed on the case by the looks of things.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3774 on: November 13, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
That amounts to £25,000 per month. No full-time staff are being employed on the case by the looks of things.

However the fact that more money has been given must surely mean there is a lead to follow.
Or do you think not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #3775 on: November 13, 2018, 08:08:40 PM »

How do you calculate that?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3776 on: November 13, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3777 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
How do you calculate that?

I'm the first to admit my maths are bad, but I divided £150,000 by six months?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3778 on: November 13, 2018, 08:55:17 PM »
How do you figure out that no full time staff are being employed, if £25k is being spent per month?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3779 on: November 13, 2018, 08:56:41 PM »

Ha ha I see my mistake now. Approx wages are in the range of £9,500 per month, so they have plenty to spend on other things.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:51:53 AM by John »
Result = happy posting.