Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87966 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #345 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
I don't think theres anyway a 3 yr old gets dressed and pops out in the middle of the night...theres more to come in this story...when my children are unwell I always check them in the middle of the night to give more medication when necessary

This is what I am saying.. I find it strange.. he usually sleeps with his twin sister but this night he slept alone in the room.. alone and sick?

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #346 on: January 17, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
I would have thought the back and front door would have the same electronic lock.

There are some modern flats in my area which use a wall button & beeping electronic lock to exit.

The doors are pretty damn heavy too.

That's my guess anyway.

yes I have been in these type of flats in my job and the doors are very heavy indeed..

Lyall

« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »
Nope, the time for her to make a public appeal is overdue imo.

If I were her, I would be demanding the chance to do so. Unless I had something to hide.

What could she say that hasn't already been said. At the moment police say they have no evidence of criminality - they don't think it's an abduction (or at least perhaps don't want to say so publicly)

Plus they can't always be sure of what a parent will say if they're speaking publicly.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
What could she say that hasn't already been said. At the moment police say they have no evidence of criminality - they don't think it's an abduction (or at least perhaps don't want to say so publicly)

Plus they can't always be sure of what a parent will say if they're speaking publicly.

Why should it matter what she might say publicly?

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #349 on: January 17, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »
I can see that they are searching some areas more than once, i.e repeating search in some areas.. something that hasn't been done in Madeleine's case..
Also the number of people that turned up for the search is amazing.. well done for Scotland!

Lyall

« Reply #350 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »
Why should it matter what she might say publicly?

It matters if they genuinely don't know what happened (and aren't just keeping some information private). Everyone is a suspect, and there may be more than one person responsible - if one of those is the mother then at the moment she is unable to communicate with the others.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2014, 03:12:37 PM »
That's not what I heard. Maybe you should listen again.

Why should I? I heard it quite fine thank you and so did my hubby. They said there was nothing SIGNIFICANT found on the CCTV located close to the flats entrance...end of.

Jeez.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
So she put him to bed at 9.00pm alone...no witnesses then

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »

wasnt that to enter the flats or was it the same to exit them aswell..?

It was definitely the exit that was being demonstrated .. still looking for that clip!

Perhaps it was the same for entry; don't know.

I have used similar doors in public buildings in Edinburgh and I must admit I can't imagine a small child working the system out, let alone having the strength to pull the door. Perhaps this little boy knew to press the button after having watched others do it, but I still think it's a long shot.

IIRC there is sometimes a time lag between pressing the button, and the door being releasable. It's not straighforward for someone who wasn't used to doing it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:23:51 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline jassi

« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

No other adult, there not being a current partner. The eldest children might have been there to witness it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »

Apart from the other children in the house.

Another problem is the fact that he was off school the day before. So it's a very large window of time in which he was unseen.

Lyall

« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
Demonstration of door system:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-17/not-easy-for-missing-boy-to-open-doors-in-his-flat/

>@@(*&) It doesn't look that difficult to me (assuming it's the exact same system as the one in the lad's flat. But he would of course have had to open two doors wouldn't he? Assuming the door to his flat was closed/locked. But there are two doors?)

CPN

« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »
Official Police poster for Mikaeel Kular a PDF version to print out and place in windows etc can be obtained here http://childalerts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/police-poster-for-Mikaeel-Kular-PDF.pdf

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2014, 03:52:24 PM »
>@@(*&) It doesn't look that difficult to me (assuming it's the exact same system as the one in the lad's flat. But he would of course have had to open two doors wouldn't he? Assuming the door to his flat was closed/locked. But there are two doors?)

The police don't seem to have mentioned anything about the door to the flat itself; only this heavy door.

Doesn't look too heavy in the clip, but for a three year old wouldn't it be quite difficult to push?

Apparently the boy was small for his age. A 3 year old who was nearly four and on the strong side for his age could maybe manage it.