Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87941 times)

Lyall

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
The police don't seem to have mentioned anything about the door to the flat itself; only this heavy door.

Doesn't look too heavy in the clip, but for a three year old wouldn't it be quite difficult to push?

Apparently the boy was small for his age. A 3 year old who was nearly four and on the strong side for his age could maybe manage it.

He may be small but could still be strong for a lad his age. Maybe the door to the flat wasn't locked or even closed for some reason (all sorts of possibilities there).

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2014, 04:42:26 PM »
Demonstration of door system:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-17/not-easy-for-missing-boy-to-open-doors-in-his-flat/

Thank you.. this is very useful..

Now, if he was technically minded, which some kids are this would be very easy for him to open.. My 2 year old nephew who is all about technology could do that.. but my three year old niece wouldn't.. it all depends on a child..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »
He may be small but could still be strong for a lad his age. Maybe the door to the flat wasn't locked or even closed for some reason (all sorts of possibilities there).

Yes, so many details we don't yet have.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
Thank you.. this is very useful..

Now, if he was technically minded, which some kids are this would be very easy for him to open.. My 2 year old nephew who is all about technology could do that.. but my three year old niece wouldn't.. it all depends on a child..

It very much depends on the child, doesn't it.

I suppose his mother would know whether he could have done it or not. The superintendent certainly gave the impression that the mother thought it possible, though what was actually said by the mother obviously we don't know.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:18:22 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Apostate

« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
No way he wandered out. Have they sent cadaver dogs into the house yet?

Lyall

« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2014, 05:22:56 PM »
Police being very frank in the lastest briefing: Assistant Chief Constable says all theories are possible.

Offline jassi

« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »

Very unreliable, of course, according to dog expert G McCann.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »
My god.. the police conference was heart breaking  8(8-))

What happened with the news that the second property had been searched?

..AND.. now we see how a proper police investigation should have been in Case Madeleine..

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »
Has the mother shown her face yet

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
Has the mother shown her face yet

no she hasn't..

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »
Mikaeel Kular 'May Be Victim Of Criminal Act'

A former police detective tells Sky News he believes missing Mikaeel Kular may have been "professionally abducted".

John Moses, a former Royal Military Policeman and detective, said the evidence in the case pointed towards a "professional abduction".

Mr Moses, now a private missing person investigator, said that forensic officers would have established whether the boy's prints were on doors leading to the street.

"The biggest concern is 'how can a child of three years of age actually walk out of a premises at that time in the morning?'.

"To be totally honest with you, it's practically impossible. So police will be opening up the net and looking elsewhere as well."

Mr Moses continued: "I personally don't think a child would have been able to orchestrate this themselves - as in open the door and work their way through the system.

"I believe that forensics would have picked up the hand print of the child, clawing at the door, actually opening the door and working its way out.

So forensics will be one step ahead at this time and it will give them a better understanding at this stage, which won't be disclosed, about where they should be looking."

Mr Moses said that the nature of the disappearance and fact that a body had not been found pointed to a possible abduction.

"An open mind is paramount. There's no body, so that indicates one more positive directive to actually suspect that this child has been professionally abducted," he said.

Police have activated the Child Rescue Alert system, which is usually reserved for abduction and kidnap cases and supported by all police forces across the UK.

A special telephone number has been set up for anyone who has seen the child or has information about his whereabouts. Calls to the  0300 200 0200  number will be answered by dedicated members of staff.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:56:16 PM by lizzibif »

Lyall

« Reply #371 on: January 17, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
My god.. the police conference was heart breaking  8(8-))

What happened with the news that the second property had been searched?

..AND.. now we see how a proper police investigation should have been in Case Madeleine..

It's a good deal more complicated than that - you should ask police themselves. Haven't you noticed how careful Scottish police have been with their language? The issues are the same in Scotland and Portugal: the media can help and they can also hinder.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2014, 06:22:33 PM »
I'm sorry to say that I believe we are looking at an abduction situation. It will be interesting to see where the public volunteers are directed to search tomorrow. It sounded from the ACC that although standard procedures had been put into place in terms of the sea port and airports, those aren't avenues they are particularly interested in.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
Before those, did they send tracker and trailer dogs ? As Angelo said, early in the morning the trail was fresh and yet uncorrupted. SH says she saw dog, but I didn't.

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »
I'm sorry to say that I believe we are looking at an abduction situation. It will be interesting to see where the public volunteers are directed to search tomorrow. It sounded from the ACC that although standard procedures had been put into place in terms of the sea port and airports, those aren't avenues they are particularly interested in.

I fear it could be more sinister than a abduction..i sure hope not but theres something not right imo..