Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87248 times)

Redblossom

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
The police do seem to think he may have Red.

TV reporters don't seem to have taken yes for an answer though - they're not convinced.

What? Got dressed and went out?

Lyall

« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
Is is really only 3, or 3 near to 4 ?

>@@(*&) Not sure what you mean, Anne.

Lyall

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2014, 05:46:15 PM »
What? Got dressed and went out?

Yep. They said so at the press conference.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »
>@@(*&) Not sure what you mean, Anne.
Sorry a typo : Is the boy only 3 or almost 4 ?

Lyall

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
Sorry a typo : Is the boy only 3 or almost 4 ?

Ah right. I don't know. But the police chief said they'd been told he could get dressed himself, and they thought he could have opened the door himself. So perhaps he's closer to four than three?

TV reporters keep stressing however that the doors are heavy, so they're not so convinced.

But the police are police and TV reporters aren't!

Redblossom

« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »
Yep. They said so at the press conference.

So police think he made his own way out on purpose. Ok thanks will check out the reports and footage....

Offline Carana

« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2014, 05:59:59 PM »
You don't have to think about it, we ALL hope the boy is found.

I do indeed hope so. My objection is to the pessimism expressed such a short time after his disappearance.

A different story. Someone found a little girl wandering around a petrol station. The person thought that this was unusual and checked. She was indeed a missing little one and had been dumped there. Her name is not online for reasons that shouldn't be too difficult to work out.

If the person in question who had noticed her had just assumed that she'd been let out of a family car while someone paid for petrol or had gone for a pee, she might have been dead by the next day.

Cariad

« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
"Where did you get this information from? I assumed he was Scottish!"

English people live in Scotland you know  @)(++(* you really shouldn't assume anything  8-)(--)

Well why were you assuming he was English then?

His nationality is of no relevance whatsoever, however, as a Welsh woman, seeing someone British described as "English" is like a red rag to a bull.

Your original comment was to deride WS, I was simply doing the same to you. What comes around goes around, you know.

Anyway, back on topic, I hope he's found safe and well very, very soon. I don't know how long a child would survive in near freezing temperatures, with no food or water.

It's looking pretty grim at the moment.

Lyall

« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
So police think he made his own way out on purpose. Ok thanks will check out the reports and footage....

May have, that's all they said. They've said nothing for certain, except that so far they have no evidence anywhere indicating a crime has taken place.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »
Yes the police officer stressed that a 3 year old is strong and capable of many things.

Cariad

« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »
I do indeed hope so. My objection is to the pessimism expressed such a short time after his disappearance.

A different story. Someone found a little girl wandering around a petrol station. The person thought that this was unusual and checked. She was indeed a missing little one and had been dumped there. Her name is not online for reasons that shouldn't be too difficult to work out.

If the person in question who had noticed her had just assumed that she'd been let out of a family car while someone paid for petrol or had gone for a pee, she might have been dead by the next day.

Who wouldn't do something if they saw a small child out alone? I certainly wouldn't just assume that everything was ok. at the very least I'd hang around till the parents came back and if they didn't, I'd call the police and approach the child myself.

I can't imagine anyone assuming that a three year old out alone is fine.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Fascinating.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »

You do indeed hope that all hope ?
such a short time after... Where please ?

Redblossom

« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:01 PM »
May have, that's all they said. They've said nothing for certain, except that so far they have no evidence anywhere indicating a crime has taken place.
Well that is all they can say isnt it, i never heard of a three yr old dressing themselves up to go out after being put to bed...somethings not right

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »

'she might have been dead by the next day.'

She might not have been.

Now who's a pessimist?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.