Author Topic: I am Currently working on a presentation on Empathy...  (Read 10676 times)

debunker

I am Currently working on a presentation on Empathy...
« on: April 18, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
Rationality and John Rawls´approach to Justice.

Which leads me to ask this question:

If you had made a dreadful mistake in your life resulting in a highly publicised familial loss, but with no finding of criminality, how would you feel about the internet being full of discussions about you and your family six years after the event. Would you see that as fair? Or would you expect there to be some effective limit to the defamation abnd harassment?

Redblossom

Re: I am Currently working on a presentation on Empathy...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »
Perhaps DB if you could attempt to make a single post without the words [ censored word ] or [ censored word ] in it as a default, maybe more people would warm to you and reply to your questions. Just a thought.

IMO this is a cold case, the parents were made suspects, they were later relieved of that status, the case was shelved,left in limbo, they have never been found guilty or not guilty in any court of law,many questions remain unanswered, they, in the meantime, and well before I should add, have lead an aggressive media campaign over the years, and they tried to control the investigation right from the start. They have in the meantime ammassed several million pounds, the wherabouts of which, despite them saying would be totally transparent, has not been. This is a very very unusual and high profile case, and to suggest that no one should be commenting on it, and especially when it is still in the media month after month, and calling this harrassmenf is bizarre at best. I could go on, but I won't.
 8((()*/

stephen25000

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
Perhaps DB if you could attempt to make a single post without the words [ censored word ] or p...... in it as a default, maybe more people would warm to you and reply to your questions. Just a thought.

IMO this is a cold case, the parents were made suspects, they were later relieved of that status, the case was shelved,left in limbo, they have never been found guilty or not guilty in any court of law,many questions remain unanswered, they, in the meantime, and well before I should add, have lead an aggressive media campaign over the years, and they tried to control the investigation right from the start. They have in the meantime ammassed several million pounds, the wherabouts of which, despite them saying would be totally transparent, has not been. This is a very very unusual and high profile case, and to suggest that no one should be commenting on it, and especially when it is still in the media month after month, and calling this harrassmenf is bizarre at best. I could go on, but I won't.
 8((()*/

Well put Red Blossom. 8@??)( 8@??)(

Redblossom

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
Thank you Stephen. i only posted the other week about aggressiveness,name calling and the like, seems to havr been a lead balloon.

debunker

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »
Perhaps DB if you could attempt to make a single post without the words [ censored word ] or p...... in it as a default, maybe more people would warm to you and reply to your questions. Just a thought.

8((()*/

The question was about EMPATHY.

If you were in their position, what woud you feel would be right or wrong about accusations posted on the internet?

debunker

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
So -

So far no anti-McCann has had the moral courage to attempt to answer the question.

As expected.....

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
as she wrote a book that was published into the public domain, any of that content it can be discussed, how can you keep being in the press which is a mouthpiece to the public and not have it discussed.

If they didn't want publicity stay out of the press, I don't see how it possible now that has been done.

so how do people that keep being in the press, expect it not to be discussed, honest question because I cant see how

I certainly do feel its an awful situation that their child is missing, and this should be the focal point, the child, not personal attacks on the Mccanns, that disgusting, we must wait for evidence either way, and that may not be found in my lifetime

debunker

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
as she wrote a book that was published into the public domain, any of that content it can be discussed, how can you keep being in the press which is a mouthpiece to the public and not have it discussed.

If they didn't want publicity stay out of the press, I don't see how it possible now that has been done.

so how do people that keep being in the press, expect it not to be discussed, honest question because I cant see how

I certainly do feel its an awful situation that their child is missing, and this should be the focal point, the child, not personal attacks on the Mccanns, that disgusting, we must wait for evidence either way, and that may not be found in my lifetime

And your answer to the question is......

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »

Am I allowed to say that I wouldn't like it?  And nor would those who are doing it.  But then they aren't going to admit that, are they. 

Free Speach and Yuman Rites, but only for them.

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »
Didnt they themselves by obtaining CM and going to the press highly publicise the family loss themselves, how can you raise awareness as that what is was and not have it discussed, otherwise you haven't raised awareness, I don't see how its possible to publicise something for that reason and not have it discussed as we are here, but as I said and you mentioned with no proof of criminality they are innocent until proven guilty.

I really do not see how you can have it both ways

Are you not on this board pretty much all day discussing it?

debunker

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »

Am I allowed to say that I wouldn't like it?  And nor would those who are doing it.  But then they aren't going to admit that, are they. 

Free Speach and Yuman Rites, but only for them.

This is the value of Rawls´approach to Justice- it operationalises The Golden Rule- do not do unto others what you would not want done to yourself.

Moral cowards (as in this case) cannot take that on board.

debunker

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
Didnt they themselves by obtaining CM and going to the press highly publicise the family loss themselves, how can you raise awareness as that what is was and not have it discussed, otherwise you haven't raised awareness, I don't see how its possible to publicise something for that reason and not have it discussed as we are here, but as I said and you mentioned with no proof of criminality they are innocent until proven guilty.

I really do not see how you can have it both ways

Are you not on this board pretty much all day discussing it?

Answer the question.

I am on here defending their rights and opposing n.........s who think that they can get their jollies by defaming and harassing private people.

I suspect from remarks on This Morning today that the Mccanns may go for the tall poppies on the internet next- just a few hints in what she said.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
My own view on this is that the McCanns have brought a lot of this on themself and have been badly advised for some reason.  The public are not at all happy that funds have been squandered on wild goose chases and jaunts to Rome.  The focus has moved from Madeleine to Kate and Gerry McCann and that is a big mistake imo.

My own impression is that they come across as hidden and deceptive so no wonder they have become a focus for internet [ censored word ]s.

Debunker.  Can you stop using derogatory terms when addressing fellow members. All members are entitled to due respect.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

debunker

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
My own view on this is that the McCanns have brought a lot of this on themself and have been badly advised for some reason.  The public are not at all happy that funds have been squandered on wild goose chases and jaunts to Rome.  The focus has moved from Madeleine to Kate and Gerry McCann and that is a big mistake imo.

My own impression is that they come across as hidden and deceptive so no wonder they have become a focus for internet [ censored word ]s.

Debunker.  Can you stop using derogatory terms when addressing fellow members. All members are entitled to due respect.

What derogatory term- [ censored word ] is what people are when they post in a hateful manner about the Mccanns.

Perhaps you could answer the question as well....

If you were in their situation, would you think it right that your perivate life was spread across the internet for other people´s jollification?

Offline gavdalf

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
yes its fair and they themselves publicised this very sad event

So a private individual that was on a national TV program discussing it themselves in the public arena, how can you have it both ways is my question, as said you are discussing it here.

I have not once defamed or harassed them in anyway.

if you are calling me a n........., I would like an apology please.