Author Topic: Will the McCanns target the Internet [ censored word ]s next  (Read 14394 times)

debunker

Will the McCanns target the Internet [ censored word ]s next
« on: April 19, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »
On This Morning she seemed to hint that they are looking at going after some of the [ censored word ]s.

Online Eleanor

Re: Will the McCanns target the Internet [ censored word ]s next
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »

The worst ones, I hope.  But most of them are pretty pathetic  It seems to have worked on Mr. Tony Bennett, and he was definitely the worst of the worst.  Unless you believe in socks, of course.  But I'm no good a spotting anyone.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »
Unlikely, I think.

1:  They are virtually all "keyboard warriors".  Very brave when sitting typing away obsessively, but of no impact or significance in the real world.  So not worth the bother. 

2:  They appear to make a lot of noise, but that is only on special interest forums.  In the real world they make no impact.

3:  Legal action costs money.  Whilst legal action may well succeed (as with Bennett) recovering costs from pensions or benefit Giros may be difficult.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
I hope they do.   Something needs to be done about some of the people on the internet.

There are some on twitter for example that are telling downright lies about them,  drumming up hatred for the McCanns by saying things are true when they are not.

One person on twitter is using the face of one of the Tapas friends and is insinuating this person is a p..........e this certainly can't be right can it?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »
@ Lace

The allegations stem from a statement made by a fellow doctor friend of the McCanns to the British police over questionable gestures a friend who was on holiday with the McCanns, made allegedly with regard to Madeleine on a previous holiday. Google Gaspar statements to find out more.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:08:58 PM by Admin »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »
I hope they do.   Something needs to be done about some of the people on the internet.

There are some on twitter for example that are telling downright lies about them,  drumming up hatred for the McCanns by saying things are true when they are not.

One person on twitter is using the face of one of the Tapas friends and is insinuating this person is a p..........e this certainly can't be right can it?

That poor person has been a model of the best in everything and everyone about this case because .... didn't want to detract from the search for Madeleine.  I will admire .... for the rest of my life.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:25:33 PM by Admin »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
@ Lace

The allegations stem from a statement made by a fellow doctor friend of the McCanns to the British police over questionable gestures a David Payne, a friend who was on holiday with the McCanns, made allegedly with regard to Madeleine on a previous holiday. Google Gaspar statements to find out more.

Any more statements like that and I will be on The Report Button.  Something that I have only ever done twice in six years.

Offline Lace

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
@ Lace

The allegations stem from a statement made by a fellow doctor friend of the McCanns to the British police over questionable gestures a David Payne, a friend who was on holiday with the McCanns, made allegedly with regard to Madeleine on a previous holiday. Google Gaspar statements to find out more.

Do you support the online trashing of Dr Payne's reputation based on the unsubstantiated report of one woman to the police, which was never intended for public consumption in the first place

Faithfully,    I am well aware where the allegation stems from.

The word 'allegedly'  is the key word here.      Allegedly with regards to Madeleine.    This woman reported what she had witnessed as she was concerned.     This woman did not know what the conversation was about as she has said in her statement.

The person on twitter has taken what this woman reported and is stating as FACT  something which he does not know is true.     Calling this person a ..........   getting other's to believe what he is saying.     This is despicable behavious and in my opinion he should be reported to the police.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:26:25 PM by Admin »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
@ Lace

Any more statements like that and I will be on The Report Button.  Something that I have only ever done twice in six years.

Please do report my statement Eleanor if I have posted anything that is not factually correct. The Gaspar statement is part of the police file and, as such, can be legitimately discussed.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
@ Lace

On a daily basis I see supporters of the McCanns smear fellow tweeter's reputations with the allegation. How do you think they should be censured ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:27:33 PM by Admin »

Offline Lace

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
@ Lace

On a daily basis I see supporters of the McCanns smear fellow tweeter's reputations with the 'paedophile' allegation. How do you think they should be censured ?

Do you?    Using their real name and photo?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
@ Martha

Obviously you don't tweet or you would see how ridiculous that question was.

Offline Admin

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »
Lets be clear posters.   The person mentioned in this thread has not....repeat...HAS NOT...broken any Law or been investigated in relation to any crime that we are aware of thus to speculate on this subject on this forum is unacceptable.   All references to this persons name and the unsubstantiated allegation have been removed.

The conduct of certain individuals on Twitter is reprehensible.  For this social media site to permit impersonation of a respectable professional in such a manner says much more about the administrators of the site that it does the abusers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:00:26 PM by Admin »

debunker

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
Lets be clear posters.   The person mentioned in this thread has not....repeat...HAS NOT...broken any Law or been investigated in relation to any crime that we are aware of thus to speculate on this subject on this forum is unacceptable.   All references to this persons name and the unsubstantiated allegation have been removed.

The conduct of certain individuals on Twitter is reprehensible.  For this social media site to permit impersonation of a respectable professional in such a manner says much more about the administrators of the site that it does the abusers.

Aye, there´s the rub- The McCanns have not been charged with any crime or broken any law- same as the individual. Yet people alleging that are allowed to post here.

How is your petard?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:01:17 PM by Admin »

Offline Luz

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
@ Lace

The allegations stem from a statement made by a friend of the McCanns to the British police over questionable gestures a friend who was on holiday with the McCanns, made allegedly with regard to Madeleine on a previous holiday. Google Gaspar statements to find out more.

I've just reported you because I do not condone blackmail or menaces.
Have a good day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:32:51 PM by Admin »