Author Topic: The McCanns said they checked on their kids every 30 mins  (Read 5894 times)

Redblossom

Re: The McCanns said they checked on their kids every 30 mins
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
It depends entirely on what you mean by check?

Does it mean go up to the apartment and listen at the bedroom door?

Does it mean go into the bedroom and peer into the darkness?

Does it mean go into the bedroom and put on the bedroom light?

Does it mean walk past the apartment and listen for noises?

All these activities would have been carried out at one stage or other by not only the McCanns but by several others.  The collective checked on the children?

A check on ones kids is to see if they are ok. By all accounts they were all just listening for crying or signs of being awake. Auditory. not physical checks. There is a huge difference.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:50 PM »
they never physically checked

round and round in circles

Offline gilet

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 03:19:33 AM »
It depends entirely on what you mean by check?

Does it mean go up to the apartment and listen at the bedroom door?

Does it mean go into the bedroom and peer into the darkness?

Does it mean go into the bedroom and put on the bedroom light?

Does it mean walk past the apartment and listen for noises?

All these activities would have been carried out at one stage or other by not only the McCanns but by several others.  The collective checked on the children?

A check on ones kids is to see if they are ok. By all accounts they were all just listening for crying or signs of being awake. Auditory. not physical checks. There is a huge difference.

Well thats all I've ever done unless there was a very specific cause for concern such as one of the children going to bed with a very bad fever or something similar. I just listened at the bedroom door. It was physical in that sense. I did not conduct physical examinations of them or prod them or turn on the lights. And I doubt that any sane person would either as it is likely to wake the children.

You check while causing the absolute minimum of disturbance which usually means just listening.

Redblossom

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 03:23:54 AM »
unless you left them alone in an open flat 200 yards away, and a balcony to fall over, maybe, in a foreign environment,not onowing hearing or seeing what they were up to,  in your own house whdn you are THERE perhaps its different

Offline gilet

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 03:48:09 AM »
The distance (of which you demonstrate terrible ignorance, it having been nowhere near 200 yards) is irrelevant.

The checks were not done from a foreign country. The parents and the children were in the same country at the time.

The checks were not done from any distance from the apartment but either right by the windows or right by the inner doors.

The checks were not done by the McCanns listening from the Tapas restauraunt (fifty metres away). They were done right by the door inside the apartment.

There is no difference between the checks done at the bedroom door there and those I did here in the UK at the bedroom door.

Exactly the same.

Redblossom

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:20 AM »
gilet out of ear and eyeshot for hours if no physical checks were made, thats the tall and the short of it

As for the distance, it was 50 metres as the crow flies to the back of the flat, that means nothing as they were not crows with wings, to get to the kids was a lot further and the front of the flat WAS 200 yards away

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:08:25 AM by Redblossom »

Offline Luz

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 03:59:02 AM »
I must admit that in all my years on forums, I have never seen anyone disprove what they said in the opening post so quickly.

Ah well - we live and learn

well some of us do

I've always said that they either never checked the children or the children were with someone and didn't need checking.

In my opinion the children were not alone. I will not say anything else (Carter-Rucksie is over us), but it's bery indicative the fact that Mrs.Healy didn't cry out she that is gone or she disappeared, she instead said, "they have taken her". There is no accent, regionalism or class differences in the language that justifies that expression
And to reinforce that, the certainty that she always claimed that the child had not wandered alone but that she had been taken.
What does she know that she is not saying?!

Offline gilet

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 04:15:01 AM »
gilet out of ear and eyeshot for hours if no physical checks were made, thats the tall and the short of it

As for the distance, it was 50 metres as the crow flies to the back of the flat, that means nothing as they were not crows with wings, to get to the kids was a lot further and the front of the flat WAS 200 yards away

As they didn't go anywhere near the front of the flat and were at the bedroom door when the checks were made your claim about the distance while being totally inaccurate is also totally and utterly irrelevant.

The were checking at the bedroom door just as I was here in the UK.

There is no relevance to distance from the Tapas, to foreign countries etc.

Offline gilet

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:11 AM »
I must admit that in all my years on forums, I have never seen anyone disprove what they said in the opening post so quickly.

Ah well - we live and learn

well some of us do

I've always said that they either never checked the children or the children were with someone and didn't need checking.

In my opinion the children were not alone. I will not say anything else (Carter-Rucksie is over us), but it's bery indicative the fact that Mrs.Healy didn't cry out she that is gone or she disappeared, she instead said, "they have taken her". There is no accent, regionalism or class differences in the language that justifies that expression
And to reinforce that, the certainty that she always claimed that the child had not wandered alone but that she had been taken.
What does she know that she is not saying?!

So once again you are diverting from the issue being discussed.

Are you doing it deliberately?

This thread is about the checks.

OK you don't think there were any. So you completely dismiss all the evidence of all the Tapas group. Well if you are not prepared to discuss actual evidence and simply prefer to make up your own ideas then you really are never going to solve anything are you?

Redblossom

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 04:23:03 AM »

As they didn't go anywhere near the front of the flat and were at the bedroom door when the checks were made your claim about the distance while being totally inaccurate is also totally and utterly irrelevant.

The were checking at the bedroom door just as I was here in the UK.

There is no relevance to distance from the Tapas, to foreign countries etc.

Straw clutching again and diverting away from the point that the parents didnt physically check on their kids, why did they bother going there in the first place? If you leave your house, and dont lock the door too, and go down the pub and go back to check on your kids, what do you do it for? to see they are atill there and breathing

Offline gilet

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 04:35:54 AM »
You are now resorting to lies.

I am not diverting from the point.

The fact is that a physical check on children does not mean prodding and poking them or handling them in any way unless there is a specific reason such as fever when they went to bed to monitor.

It means listening at the door with the lights out.

Your idiotic attempts to introduce such utter irrelevancies as foreign countries and your lies about distance are simply pathetic attempts to bolster your non argument. You are being totally silly.

Gerry and Kate McCann checked at the bedroom door on their children in the same way as they and all other normal people check on their children.

When you demonstrate that there is some other kind of physical checking that you want us to believe that parents should do then perhaps this thread might get there.

Till then as far as I am concerned, physical checking means making sure you are physically within hearing and/or seeing distance of the children and we know the McCanns were checking in that way. 

Redblossom

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »
You are now resorting to lies.

I am not diverting from the point.

The fact is that a physical check on children does not mean prodding and poking them or handling them in any way unless there is a specific reason such as fever when they went to bed to monitor.

It means listening at the door with the lights out.

Your idiotic attempts to introduce such utter irrelevancies as foreign countries and your lies about distance are simply pathetic attempts to bolster your non argument. You are being totally silly.

Gerry and Kate McCann checked at the bedroom door on their children in the same way as they and all other normal people check on their children.

When you demonstrate that there is some other kind of physical checking that you want us to believe that parents should do then perhaps this thread might get there.

Till then as far as I am concerned, physical checking means making sure you are physically within hearing and/or seeing distance of the children and we know the McCanns were checking in that way.

lies? What lies? And who suggested prodding or poking, arent you exagerating stuff here? What is the point of checking on kids if you dont check on them it really is that simple you know

debunker

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
The bottom line is that they are legally innocent of child neglect.

Everything else is just a matter of differing individual beliefs- saying more about the commentator than the McCanns!