Author Topic: Why have the McCanns never taken part in an actual organised search for Madeleine?  (Read 19796 times)

Estuarine

Had they believed the Edgar team whose conclusion was that Madeleine was kept in a lair not far from PDL, they would have prepared themselves learning her new language. But they didn't believe, they likely had good reasons for that.
Now I wonder what that could have been  >@@(*&)

Offline Carew

I've always found it strange that the Dr's Mccann didn't learn Portuguese. It would definitely have helped with the search and legal shenanigans in Portugal.

Apparently they did have plans to learn Portuguese.........I`m not sure how to put up links, but a section in "McCannfiles" called "reports pre-arguido" has a Sky News article..........I have tried to copy the relevant section.........(here goes!)

Madeleine's Parents In For The Long Haul Sky News

9:02am UK, Thursday July 12, 2007

Madeleine McCann's parents are learning Portuguese as they make plans for an indefinite stay in the country to continue the search for their daughter.

Gerry and Kate McCann, who recently moved out of their holiday complex into a more permanent flat, know they will be in Praia de Luz for the foreseeable future and think it is time to learn the language.

They do not want formal lessons and are learning from locals with whom they have become friendly while attending church.

The couple feel a knowledge of Portuguese would help their dealings with the police team hunting for Madeleine - as well as in their day-to-day living as they integrate more with the local community.

So far, they have learned a handful of everyday phrases but have also mastered "força" (meaning strength or power), "fé" (faith, belief) and "esperança" (hope, expectation).

Offline Wonderfulspam

Apparently they did have plans to learn Portuguese.........I`m not sure how to put up links, but a section in "McCannfiles" called "reports pre-arguido" has a Sky News article..........I have tried to copy the relevant section.........(here goes!)

Madeleine's Parents In For The Long Haul Sky News

9:02am UK, Thursday July 12, 2007

Madeleine McCann's parents are learning Portuguese as they make plans for an indefinite stay in the country to continue the search for their daughter.

Gerry and Kate McCann, who recently moved out of their holiday complex into a more permanent flat, know they will be in Praia de Luz for the foreseeable future and think it is time to learn the language.

They do not want formal lessons and are learning from locals with whom they have become friendly while attending church.

The couple feel a knowledge of Portuguese would help their dealings with the police team hunting for Madeleine - as well as in their day-to-day living as they integrate more with the local community.

So far, they have learned a handful of everyday phrases but have also mastered "força" (meaning strength or power), "fé" (faith, belief) and "esperança" (hope, expectation).

They should have tried learning "pesquisa" or "olhar"
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Estuarine

They should have tried learning "pesquisa" or "olhar"

They didn't have to learn Portuguese for the most important thing to them as it is the same in English
me me me 

Offline John

So you would have told the police to go away when they wanted to question you then?    I very much doubt it.

The thing is it has never happened to us,  and though we would really like to think we would search and search even the area's that had already been searched,    in reality,   we would have to go through the procedure of police questioning,    police station visits etc etc.

I would most certainly do so once I was sure that they had sufficient information to pursue their efforts.  If it had been my kid who had gone missing in the circumstances they describe the very first thing I would have done is grab a Portuguese speaker and have him or her call 911.  Sending Mat down to reception should have been an afterthought and not a folly!

There was no need for the McCanns to have sat in their accommodation popping out intermittently to give an interview.  At least one of them should have been pro active and out there spearheading the local effort.  This would have paid dividends in the long run instead of the situation they now find themselves in.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:17:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

I would most certainly do so once I was sure that had sufficient information to pursue their efforts.  If it had been my kid who had gone missing in the circumstances they describe the very first thing I would have done is grab a Portuguese speaker and have him or her call 911.  Sending Mat down to reception should have been an afterthought.

I would have phoned them myself and stayed on the line until they put an English speaking operator on, which they no doubt would have had.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

The whole area was searched,  by the public by the police.

Not according to Dave Edgar it wasnt.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

To be perfectly honest, I would have found it a lot more understandable if they went back to PDL at every possible occasion and really got to know the area and the people and look and talk.

+2  8@??)(

Offline Luz

Let's take the 'nobody was searching' statement in the book.

The book was supposed to be a factual account of what happened.

Facts need to be checked.

It was widely reported in the aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance that local people and holidaymakers searched overnight and on subsequent days, both on news reports and in the media in general.

As far as I know the lie that only the Mccanns were searching has not been removed from the book, which was clearly a ploy to gain sympathy for the parents.

As to Amaral, he got the D.N.A. evidence wrong, no doubt about it, as it was inconclusive.

As to lying, have you ever met a person who has never lied in their lives ?

What book are you referring to?

The "madeleine" novel that Kate Healy allegedly wrote?

Offline John

Do you also think it ''very odd indeed'' that April Jones parents stayed at home - or that Sandy Richardson's mother did not search at all for her little boy?

Yes, if it were 100% true.

AnneGuedes

They didn't have to learn Portuguese for the most important thing to them as it is the same in English
me me me
Yes, but you don't pronounce it the same !

Offline Luz

You are all very much into dissing a book that is totally funded by the, now, public police files, but seem oblivious about that other book that is but a bunch of lies and self excusing, written by the mother to, allegedly, offer the truth to her family (kids in particular), with sexual graphic referrences et al.

Offline Luz

To be perfectly honest, I would have found it a lot more understandable if they went back to PDL at every possible occasion and really got to know the area and the people and look and talk.

+2  8@??)(

But they did.

To have photographs taken as "suffering" parents, and at the same time to visit friends and engage in well wined dinners.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:42:29 PM by John »