Author Topic: Did UK police fail to investigate a paedophile ring ?  (Read 21029 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did UK police fail to investigate a paedophile ring ?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 04:14:58 PM »
The Metropolitan Police are being investigated by the IPCC;

IPCC to investigate allegations of historic corruption relating to child sexual abuse in the Metropolitan Police
Mar 16, 2015
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is to investigate 14 referrals detailing allegations of corruption in the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) in relation to child sex offences dating from the 1970s to the 2000s.

The allegations, referred by the MPS, include:

Suppressing evidence;
Hindering or halting investigations;
Covering up the offences because of the involvement of members of parliament and police officers.

Parallel investigations being conducted by the MPS into the original allegations of child abuse and the new criminal investigations looking at alleged police corruption are closely linked and well underway. Therefore, after careful assessment, the IPCC will manage the investigations being conducted by the MPS’s Directorate of Professional Standards.

The IPCC Deputy Chair Sarah Green said:

“These allegations are of historic, high level corruption of the most serious nature.

“We will oversee the investigations and ensure that they meet the terms of reference that we will set. Allegations of this nature are of grave concern and I would like to reassure people of our absolute commitment to ensuring that the investigations are thorough and robust.”

The decision to conduct this as a managed investigation remains under review and can be amended at any time should it be deemed necessary.

Notes to Editors

The referrals are:

1)      Allegation of a potential cover up around failures to properly investigate child sex abuse offences in South London and further information about criminal allegations against a politician being dropped.                   

2)      Allegation that an investigation involving a proactive operation targeting young men in Dolphin Square, was stopped because officers were too near prominent people.

3)      Allegation that a document was found at an address of a paedophile that originated from the Houses of Parliament listing a number of highly prominent individuals (MPs and senior police officers) as being involved in a paedophile ring and no further action was taken.

4)      Allegation that an account provided by an abuse victim had been altered to omit the name of a senior politician.

5)      Allegation that an investigation into a paedophile ring, in which a number of people were convicted, did not take action in relation to other more prominent individuals

6)      Allegations that a politician had spoken with a senior MPS officer and demanded no action was taken regarding a paedophile ring and boys being procured and supplied to prominent persons in Westminster in the 1970s.

7)      Allegation that in the late 1970s a surveillance operation that gathered intelligence on a politician being involved in paedophile activities was closed down by a senior MPS officer.

8)      Allegation that a dossier of allegations against senior figures and politicians involved in child abuse were taken by Special Branch officers.

9)      Allegations that a surveillance operation of a child abuse ring was subsequently shut down due to high profile people being involved.

10)   Allegations of child sex abuse against a senior politician and a subsequent cover-up of his crimes.

11)   Allegations that during a sexual abuse investigation a senior officer instructed the investigation be halted and that that order had come from ‘up high’ in the MPS.

12)   Allegation of a conspiracy within the MPS to prevent the prosecution of a politician suspected of offences.

13)   Allegations against a former senior MPS officer regarding child sex abuse and that further members of the establishment including judges were involved. It is claimed that no further action was taken.

14)   Allegation that police officers sexually abused a boy and carried out surveillance on him. Further allegations of financial corruption in a London borough police force.

A further two referrals of a similar nature have been received from the MPS and are currently being assessed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »
The Metropolitan Police are being investigated by the IPCC;

IPCC to investigate allegations of historic corruption relating to child sexual abuse in the Metropolitan Police
Mar 16, 2015
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is to investigate 14 referrals detailing allegations of corruption in the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) in relation to child sex offences dating from the 1970s to the 2000s.

The allegations, referred by the MPS, include:

Suppressing evidence;
Hindering or halting investigations;
Covering up the offences because of the involvement of members of parliament and police officers.

Parallel investigations being conducted by the MPS into the original allegations of child abuse and the new criminal investigations looking at alleged police corruption are closely linked and well underway. Therefore, after careful assessment, the IPCC will manage the investigations being conducted by the MPS’s Directorate of Professional Standards.

The IPCC Deputy Chair Sarah Green said:

“These allegations are of historic, high level corruption of the most serious nature.

“We will oversee the investigations and ensure that they meet the terms of reference that we will set. Allegations of this nature are of grave concern and I would like to reassure people of our absolute commitment to ensuring that the investigations are thorough and robust.”

The decision to conduct this as a managed investigation remains under review and can be amended at any time should it be deemed necessary.

Notes to Editors

The referrals are:

1)      Allegation of a potential cover up around failures to properly investigate child sex abuse offences in South London and further information about criminal allegations against a politician being dropped.                   

2)      Allegation that an investigation involving a proactive operation targeting young men in Dolphin Square, was stopped because officers were too near prominent people.

3)      Allegation that a document was found at an address of a paedophile that originated from the Houses of Parliament listing a number of highly prominent individuals (MPs and senior police officers) as being involved in a paedophile ring and no further action was taken.

4)      Allegation that an account provided by an abuse victim had been altered to omit the name of a senior politician.

5)      Allegation that an investigation into a paedophile ring, in which a number of people were convicted, did not take action in relation to other more prominent individuals

6)      Allegations that a politician had spoken with a senior MPS officer and demanded no action was taken regarding a paedophile ring and boys being procured and supplied to prominent persons in Westminster in the 1970s.

7)      Allegation that in the late 1970s a surveillance operation that gathered intelligence on a politician being involved in paedophile activities was closed down by a senior MPS officer.

8)      Allegation that a dossier of allegations against senior figures and politicians involved in child abuse were taken by Special Branch officers.

9)      Allegations that a surveillance operation of a child abuse ring was subsequently shut down due to high profile people being involved.

10)   Allegations of child sex abuse against a senior politician and a subsequent cover-up of his crimes.

11)   Allegations that during a sexual abuse investigation a senior officer instructed the investigation be halted and that that order had come from ‘up high’ in the MPS.

12)   Allegation of a conspiracy within the MPS to prevent the prosecution of a politician suspected of offences.

13)   Allegations against a former senior MPS officer regarding child sex abuse and that further members of the establishment including judges were involved. It is claimed that no further action was taken.

14)   Allegation that police officers sexually abused a boy and carried out surveillance on him. Further allegations of financial corruption in a London borough police force.

A further two referrals of a similar nature have been received from the MPS and are currently being assessed.

The outcome of investigations into historic accusations will indeed be interesting.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »
It seems the IPCC will have to work with SY, to investigate SY.

Mmmm.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:20 AM »

Mmmm.

Sounds like a good plan
 *&*%£
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »
Sounds like a good plan
 *&*%£

Might be an idea to 'farm out' the investigation to a foreign squeaky clean investigating authority to allay the anxiety of one or two posters here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
Might be an idea to 'farm out' the investigation to a foreign squeaky clean investigating authority to allay the anxiety of one or two posters here.

That goes without saying.

What is needed is

• Foreign

With a very strict conservative moral code

Zero tolerance for anything which does not conform to their particular moral stance

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:17:34 PM by Anna »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 10:58:41 AM »

Mmmm.

Having read it again, it seems to say the MPS are doing the investigating and the IPCC are overseeing the investigation.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:04 AM »

Well, I'm not anxious, but I am curious as to whether you have an investigating authority in mind?
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
Having read it again, it seems to say the MPS are doing the investigating and the IPCC are overseeing the investigation.

So effectively the MPS are investigating themselves.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »
That JP is in very poor taste.

Would you be saying the same if any of your children or relations had been abused ?

I agree. It's perfectly legitimate for us to be suspicious of an organisation which has not shown itself in a good light in a good few cases. For them to investigate themselves is not confidence inspiring. Still, lets just joke about it shall we?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Anna

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
Please adhere to the topic of the thread,  Thank you.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
That JP is in very poor taste.

Would you be saying the same if any of your children or relations had been abused ?

It was irony, Stephen.  With a serious underlying point.

Some posters on here take delight in denigrating the UK political and legal systems.  I assume this is based on ignorance of other jusisdictions and tendancy to think that the grass elsewhere is greener.

In reality, we have a pretty good legal system here - flawed of course - but an independent judiciary and a mix of common law and equity means that most often we do get justice done.

One example - Dont forget that in Portugal, making a complaint against a public official can still result in criminal defamation proceedings.   

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »

Some posters on here take delight in denigrating the UK political and legal systems.  I assume this is based on ignorance of other jusisdictions and tendancy to think that the grass elsewhere is greener.

In reality, we have a pretty good legal system here - flawed of course - but an independent judiciary and a mix of common law and equity means that most often we do get justice done.

One example - Dont forget that in Portugal, making a complaint against a public official can still result in criminal defamation proceedings.

To return to the thread, the answer appears to be a resounding YES.

To reply to another post;

I don't take any delight in denigrating the UK political and legal systems, it disgusts me that they may have conspired to pervert the course of justice and deceive us. I have no illusions about other jurisdictions and don't go overseas because I know that our country's legal system and police service are better than a lot of others. I can't defend them and put my trust in them either though because it's clear IMO that they don't deserve it. It would appear that justice consists of arresting and convicting, on the whole, the poor and unfortunate in our society. 70% of those in our prisons have mental health problems. 60% of prisoners have poor literacy. Judging by the crimes allegedly committed by our policemen and politicians it may be time we started looking at whether our police choose easy targets. Better is faint praise - let's aim for best!
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »

Strangely enough, I do know what irony is.

However, what is being increasingly revealed in this developing case ( and for anyone reading or commenting on this, don't say the paedophile activities stopped 30 or 40 years ago, because clearly it is hasn't ,as the link I provided yesterday firmly established ), is that is reveals endemic protectionism among certain groupings to protect themselves and others from their criminal, deplorable and totally disgusting activities.

This could easily involve connections to the well known 'strange handshake brigade'. This has often been metered before, as to what 'help' is offered to fellow members of a secret society which has no place in the modern world, and which itself was founded on, to say the least 'strange principles' to put it mildly.

As I have said before, I do have friends in the force, current and past, so I am not talking from a position of ignorance.

I would also add, though I feel sure other people on here have already done this, to 'research' further on widely available lists of some of those allegedly involved in paedophile activities. Some are well and truly in the public domain and whose identities may/will be revealed officially in due course.

We shall see on that one.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 03:34:49 PM »
Hands up those who believe this will lead to much more than the sacking of the tea lady and a few grunts but the guy who is paid to carry the can back* will be paid handsomely for failing to carry the can back?.
"We achieved our targets, lessons have been learned" and other such platitudes. Yea verily I say lessons have been learned....until next time when we will do the same thing again but we will still have achieved our targets cognisant of the content of the last three reports which we would implement if the government hadn't forced cuts on us.
* you know him that's paid six figures to know what makes the clock tick in his parish.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey