Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81036 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2018, 02:01:22 AM »
It never ceases to amaze how some supporters still cling to the illusion that SY are actively pursuing actual leads in the hunt for Maddie when clearly all they are undertaking now is mopping up and a damage limitation exercise. The clues ran out long ago as did the funding.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:04:20 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2018, 02:31:41 AM »
It never ceases to amaze how some supporters still cling to the illusion that SY are actively pursuing actual leads in the hunt for Maddie when clearly all they are undertaking now is mopping up and a damage limitation exercise. The clues ran out long ago as did the funding.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11371p275-met-police-operation-grange-bollocks-or-not-bollocks#392418
snipped
This was the response as of 16th October 2018:
"Following on from my email yesterday, I have received the following in order to address your query:

The MPS can confirm that Operation Grange is still being worked by four full time officers under DCI Nicola Wall – those officers are not investigating other cases.

As explained before, the questions about the remit will be dealt with as a new request and you will hear shortly.

I hope this answers your question.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2018, 05:13:41 AM »
That is surprising for I thought they had cut the number down to one full time detective last time.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline xtina

« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
It might take only one person with a conscience to come forward as happened some years ago. 

Were we ever told what came of this arrest?

If not ... might it be something Scotland Yard could still be working on?

Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girl
Suspect held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago
BySimon Wright
08:48, 13 OCT 2013

The dramatic arrest of a Brit in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been described as “potentially highly significant”.

It has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry.

A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”

The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.

A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.

It is understood that the Manchester officers who made the arrest also seized computers from a private address and sent them for forensic examination.

Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.

The Yard officers had reopened the probe into the disappearance of Madeleine, then aged three, from the McCanns’ holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

The dramatic twist in the inquiry comes as Kate and Gerry, both 45, prepare to appear in a Crimewatch appeal on BBC1 tomorrow night.

It is understood they are being kept fully briefed on developments.

We told last week how the barrister went to police after being told of the Maddie sighting.

Tourist resorts popular with Brits are now thought to feature in the active inquiry. A family source confirmed last night: “This is high up on the credibility scale.

"The barrister did the right thing by going to police. His information has gone into the Operation Grange system and I know they are working on it.

“The fact that he was prepared to risk his reputation by making the statement does suggest that it is credible. There are tip-offs and sightings all the time and many of them can be ruled out immediately as either complete fantasy or because there is no credibility to the source.

“This one is more credible because of the nature of the man who brought it to the authorities’ attention.”

The Sunday Mirror can reveal that the arrested man was at a party attended by the barrister at a private home in an upmarket suburb of Manchester on August 17.

During the evening, the lawyer had a conversation with the man, who told him he had met Madeleine on the island in the Med this summer.

The barrister, shocked and distressed by what the man said about the alleged encounter, contacted his local police force the next day then gave a formal statement.

The barrister, who agreed to speak to us but who we are not naming at his request, refused to comment further on the arrest.

He explained: “I cannot risk compromising the investigation or the search for Madeleine. If she is alive but now ­disappears again, I would never be able to forgive myself.”

But a separate source close to the arrest said: “A guy at the party told the barrister he had been introduced to Madeleine on the island in the summer.

“The barrister took that to mean that she was with another adult at the time but doesn’t know who it was or anything about them.”

It is unclear whether the barrister was able to give officers the name of the man he spoke to at the party.

Police have not released any details about the man they have arrested.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Last week we revealed how the barrister broke down in tears as he explained what he had been told.

Speaking to us as he walked his dog in a park near his large home in the North West of England, he said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling.

"I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.

“But it was something I couldn’t ignore. If I hadn’t said anything I couldn’t have lived with myself.”

Asked what it was about the ­description the man at the party gave him of the girl he said was Madeleine, the barrister said: “I have told the police everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted.”

Meanwhile Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, are set to speak of their hope that their daughter will be found finally thanks to new evidence uncovered by a UK police probe.

Former GP Kate and consultant ­cardiologist Gerry will appear live on BBC1’s Crimewatch at 9pm tomorrow.

Detectives will appeal for help in solving the six-year mystery of what happened in Praia da Luz where Madeleine was on holiday with her parents and younger twin siblings.

The programme will feature a new reconstruction of events, with Madeleine played by a three-year-old girl.

The programme will also be screened in Holland and Germany.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183

Speaking to us as he walked his dog in a park near his large home in the North West of England, he said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling.

Ah, there is that gut feeling again.....

you choose to C/P this ...what imo seems like nonsense...

you don't even know the outcome...

yet you would rather ignore..... the gut feelings of officers on the case....

That the mccs were involved in the disappearance of maddie....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:08:38 AM by xtina »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2018, 08:02:16 AM »

The officers who did not understand  the evidence and two of whom were eventually  convicted for their involvement  in cases of torture..... The present police forces have, stated their, support for the McCann's not being involved

Offline xtina

« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »
The officers who did not understand  the evidence and two of whom were eventually  convicted for their involvement  in cases of torture..... The present police forces have, stated their, support for the McCann's not being involved

So you keep saying......

lol .is that there gut feeling then ......

as that must be the case ....

because they have never investigated it from the beginning ...

bit like baking a cake ...and leaving out the flour ...it will never work

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:44 AM »

So you keep saying......

lol .is that there gut feeling then ......

as that must be the case ....

because they have never investigated it from the beginning ...

bit like baking a cake ...and leaving out the flour ...it will never work
I don't agree... I think they have looked at all possibilities.. Again we won't agree so pointless, arguing

Offline xtina

« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
I don't agree... I think they have looked at all possibilities.. Again we won't agree so pointless, arguing

who's arguing ...twice you have said that...

It is just different opinions...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »

who's arguing ...twice you have said that...

It is just different opinions...

That's right... And it's pointless arguing over them... It's, al been done and we wont agree

Offline Brietta

« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2018, 09:16:34 AM »

There was much more to that report than "gut feeling" and the fact that I do not know the outcome of this man's arrest has a significance I think if no-one else knows either.
  • A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.
  • "I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.
  • “The fact that he was prepared to risk his reputation by making the statement does suggest that it is credible.
  • the barrister said: “I have told the police everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted.”
  • A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline xtina

« Reply #490 on: October 21, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »
There was much more to that report than "gut feeling" and the fact that I do not know the outcome of this man's arrest has a significance I think if no-one else knows either.
  • A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.
  • "I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.
  • “The fact that he was prepared to risk his reputation by making the statement does suggest that it is credible.
  • the barrister said: “I have told the police everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted.”
  • A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”

well obviously...it went nowhere ...

a family source said it was high on the credible list ...so why report it...

the vibes coming from this...is the man obviously liked children...

without going further...into it computers removed etc..

so why was he associating with him... imo god knows what the party was he was attending

don't think just because he was a barrister....that makes him credible....it doesn't

IMO ...I think it sounds like it could easily have been an act of revenge....

don't read the story .....read between the lines....

He explained: “I cannot risk compromising the investigation or the search for Madeleine. If she is alive but now ­disappears again, I would never be able to forgive myself.

why did he take this to a newspaper then......
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:57:00 PM by Brietta »

Offline barrier

« Reply #491 on: October 21, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »
well obviously...it went nowhere ...

a family sauce said it was high on the credible list ...so why report it...

the vibes coming from this...is the man obviously liked children...

without going further...into it computers removed etc..

so why was he associating with him... imo god knows what the party was he was attending

don't think just because he was a barrister....that makes him credible....it doesn't

IMO ...I think it sounds like it could easily have been an act of revenge....

don't read the story .....read between the lines....

He explained: “I cannot risk compromising the investigation or the search for Madeleine. If she is alive but now ­disappears again, I would never be able to forgive myself.

why did he take this to a newspaper then......

Of course no remuneration would be expected.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline xtina

« Reply #492 on: October 21, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »

Of course no remuneration would be expected.

lol......seems he was just doing the honorable thing...as if

how far would he have got I wonder ...if he had said maddie was no longer alive.....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #493 on: October 21, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »
It might take only one person with a conscience to come forward as happened some years ago. 

Were we ever told what came of this arrest?

If not ... might it be something Scotland Yard could still be working on?

Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girl
Suspect held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago
BySimon Wright
08:48, 13 OCT 2013

The dramatic arrest of a Brit in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been described as “potentially highly significant”.

It has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry.

A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”

The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.

A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.

It is understood that the Manchester officers who made the arrest also seized computers from a private address and sent them for forensic examination.

Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.

The Yard officers had reopened the probe into the disappearance of Madeleine, then aged three, from the McCanns’ holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

The dramatic twist in the inquiry comes as Kate and Gerry, both 45, prepare to appear in a Crimewatch appeal on BBC1 tomorrow night.

It is understood they are being kept fully briefed on developments.

We told last week how the barrister went to police after being told of the Maddie sighting.

Tourist resorts popular with Brits are now thought to feature in the active inquiry. A family source confirmed last night: “This is high up on the credibility scale.

"The barrister did the right thing by going to police. His information has gone into the Operation Grange system and I know they are working on it.

“The fact that he was prepared to risk his reputation by making the statement does suggest that it is credible. There are tip-offs and sightings all the time and many of them can be ruled out immediately as either complete fantasy or because there is no credibility to the source.

“This one is more credible because of the nature of the man who brought it to the authorities’ attention.”

The Sunday Mirror can reveal that the arrested man was at a party attended by the barrister at a private home in an upmarket suburb of Manchester on August 17.

During the evening, the lawyer had a conversation with the man, who told him he had met Madeleine on the island in the Med this summer.

The barrister, shocked and distressed by what the man said about the alleged encounter, contacted his local police force the next day then gave a formal statement.

The barrister, who agreed to speak to us but who we are not naming at his request, refused to comment further on the arrest.

He explained: “I cannot risk compromising the investigation or the search for Madeleine. If she is alive but now ­disappears again, I would never be able to forgive myself.”

But a separate source close to the arrest said: “A guy at the party told the barrister he had been introduced to Madeleine on the island in the summer.

“The barrister took that to mean that she was with another adult at the time but doesn’t know who it was or anything about them.”

It is unclear whether the barrister was able to give officers the name of the man he spoke to at the party.

Police have not released any details about the man they have arrested.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Last week we revealed how the barrister broke down in tears as he explained what he had been told.

"I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.

“But it was something I couldn’t ignore. If I hadn’t said anything I couldn’t have lived with myself.”

Asked what it was about the ­description the man at the party gave him of the girl he said was Madeleine, the barrister said: “I have told the police everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted.”

Meanwhile Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, are set to speak of their hope that their daughter will be found finally thanks to new evidence uncovered by a UK police probe.

Former GP Kate and consultant ­cardiologist Gerry will appear live on BBC1’s Crimewatch at 9pm tomorrow.

Detectives will appeal for help in solving the six-year mystery of what happened in Praia da Luz where Madeleine was on holiday with her parents and younger twin siblings.

The programme will feature a new reconstruction of events, with Madeleine played by a three-year-old girl.

The programme will also be screened in Holland and Germany.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183

Greater Manchester Police have 'categorically' denied any link between the arrest and Madeleine, saying it had 'nothing to do' with the continuing investigation into the youngster's whereabouts.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-deny-manchester-man-held-6180591
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #494 on: October 21, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »

Greater Manchester Police have 'categorically' denied any link between the arrest and Madeleine, saying it had 'nothing to do' with the continuing investigation into the youngster's whereabouts.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-deny-manchester-man-held-6180591
Ah, now but hang on... maybe the police are only saying that to throw us all off the scent, you know what these police people are like - say one thing but mean the opposite.   8(>((
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly