Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 501998 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2019, 10:18:06 PM »
It’s interesting that when you go on itunes itself and type in “podcasts” there is no sign at all of their alleged number one podcast.  Why is that I wonder...?  Also, no podcast chart on the actual itunes. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2019, 10:26:55 PM »
Here is a link to all the podcasts on nine news

https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/playlists/podcast
It gets a bit confusing as to the order that they should be viewed, or is the no special order?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:26 PM »
It’s interesting that when you go on itunes itself and type in “podcasts” there is no sign at all of their alleged number one podcast.  Why is that I wonder...?  Also, no podcast chart on the actual itunes.
http://www.itunescharts.net/uk/charts/podcasts/

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
http://www.itunescharts.net/uk/charts/podcasts/
That website is not the official itunes page, it’s done by a third party.  Have a look at the real itunes.

From the website you linked to above:

How are these charts calculated?

The short answer is "we don't know". They're calculated and compiled by iTunes, we can only assume they're based on downloads. Given that the published charts are presented as "live" rather than covering any specified timeslot, there's obviously some kind of algorithm at play, but beyond that it's anybody's guess. Podcast charts are slightly different since these are charts of "channels" producing content on a rolling basis, rather than a finished product like an album or a song. Again, the chart is most likely based on downloads but may also be based on new subscriptions too.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2019, 10:43:04 PM »
After some time digging about on itunes I have found their podcast chart and it would seem Maddie is number one based on all nine episodes together, whereas individual episodes rank much lower down the chart.  There is certainly no mention of Maddie on the itunes podcast front page however. 

Offline misty

« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2019, 10:57:03 PM »
That website is not the official itunes page, it’s done by a third party.  Have a look at the real itunes.

From the website you linked to above:

How are these charts calculated?

The short answer is "we don't know". They're calculated and compiled by iTunes, we can only assume they're based on downloads. Given that the published charts are presented as "live" rather than covering any specified timeslot, there's obviously some kind of algorithm at play, but beyond that it's anybody's guess. Podcast charts are slightly different since these are charts of "channels" producing content on a rolling basis, rather than a finished product like an album or a song. Again, the chart is most likely based on downloads but may also be based on new subscriptions too.

Sorry, I didn't read the small print. :(
When it was first published I signed up to itunes then discovered a monthly fee is payable after 30 days free trial.  The podcast is also available on GooglePlay for free, which is the method I used to listen to the first three episodes. I wonder where GP's listening figures are correlated for Mark's podcasts?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2019, 11:04:23 PM »
Sorry, I didn't read the small print. :(
When it was first published I signed up to itunes then discovered a monthly fee is payable after 30 days free trial.  The podcast is also available on GooglePlay for free, which is the method I used to listen to the first three episodes. I wonder where GP's listening figures are correlated for Mark's podcasts?
I thought you had to pay a subscription for googleplay too.  I find the whole thing a bit baffling tbh, would rather listen to Radio Four. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2019, 11:09:31 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »

Offline misty

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »
I thought you had to pay a subscription for googleplay too.  I find the whole thing a bit baffling tbh, would rather listen to Radio Four.

Maybe you do now if you stream music on GP but I don't use my phone for that. Certainly the GP podcast app is free to listen to, although I couldn't download it onto my laptop, only my phone.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline misty

« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2019, 11:23:41 PM »
Hmmmm....

https://chartable.com/blog/chartbreakers

In line with much of the McCann case, nothing is as it seems. To be fair to Saunokonoko, though, I think the publicity on Australian TV & Social Media probably has generated several thousand listeners.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »
In line with much of the McCann case, nothing is as it seems. To be fair to Saunokonoko, though, I think the publicity on Australian TV & Social Media probably has generated several thousand listeners.

One individual putting in all that effort for why?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2019, 11:36:38 PM »
It's a very interesting site to view.
Never tempted to have a look?

Nope.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?