Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 536538 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
that line does not seem to apply to the first sentence...so as long as  stephen is saying their human rights have not been breached in his opinion...thats fine

So there was an IMO in sight.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #556 on: December 10, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »
So there was an IMO in sight.

not for the inititial statement no...stephen can confirm if he thinks its fact or merely opinion

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #557 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »
not for the inititial statement no...stephen can confirm if he thinks its fact or merely opinion

Not what you said.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #558 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:08 PM »
no they would not...that is for the ECHR to decide...you need to read the acceptance criteria..they need to show their human rights MAY have been not considered

I assume you read the judgement and the references to the various parts of the act?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:57 PM »
I assume you read the judgement and the references to the various parts of the act?

I have read the acceptance criteria...so first... on what basis would the case not be accepted.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2017, 10:51:38 PM »
I have read the acceptance criteria...so first... on what basis would the case not be accepted.

Significant Damage.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2017, 10:52:14 PM »

yes

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2017, 10:57:54 PM »
Significant Damage.

there has been significant damage to their reputation

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #563 on: December 10, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

“manifestly ill-founded”
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #564 on: December 10, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
there has been significant damage to their reputation

But the supporters tell us that there are only a handful of sceptics, no one believes the book and the McCanns have lots of support. Difficult to square that with significant damage.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:19:30 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
“manifestly ill-founded”

if thats what you think lets wait and see...have you looked at the cases that have been judged as such....lets wait and see who is  the fool and who is the wise man... Im more than happy for this to be decided based on this

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #566 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:50 PM »
But the supporters tell us that there are only a handful of sceptics, no one believes the book and the McCanns have lots of support. Difficult to square that with significant damage.

its not...amaral accuses criminal action and libel per se ...as with alice im happy to accept the challenge ...you say it wont be accepted and I say it will...lets see who is the fool and who is the wise man
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:19:43 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #567 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:36 PM »
if thats what you think lets wait and see...have you looked at the cases that have been judged as such....lets wait and see who is  the fool and who is the wise man... Im more than happy for this to be decided based on this

Unless you have had sight of the actual application you are in no position to make an informed comment on the topic.
So shoot us a link to the application, Ace.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #568 on: December 10, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »
Unless you have had sight of the actual application you are in no position to make an informed comment on the topic.
So shoot us a link to the application, Ace.

im giving my opinion ..and you yours...lets see who is right... the case wiil be accepted   100% imo

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #569 on: December 10, 2017, 11:21:50 PM »
its not...amaral accuses criminal action and libel per se ...as with alice im happy to accept the challenge ...you say it wont be accepted and I say it will...lets see who is the fool and who is the wise man

Remind us what happened when the case went to court in Portugal.