Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530729 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
im giving my opinion ..and you yours...lets see who is right... the case wiil be accepted   100% imo

OK.
On what is your opinion based ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2017, 11:23:13 PM »
Remind us what happened when the case went to court in Portugal.

Its nothing to do with portugal now

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »
OK.
On what is your opinion based ?
On reading the acceptance criteria

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »
Its nothing to do with portugal now

It's McCann v The State of Portugal now.
I would say that is alot to do with Portugal.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2017, 11:30:35 PM »
On reading the acceptance criteria

Unless you have read the application knowing what the acceptance criteria are will not allow you to form a well judged opinion.

What you are saying effectively is:
"In my opinion "it" will be accepted but I don't know what the "it" is"

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:00 PM »
its not...amaral accuses criminal action and libel per se ...as with alice im happy to accept the challenge ...you say it wont be accepted and I say it will...lets see who is the fool and who is the wise man

I don’t really care if it’s accepted or not, IMO The PT Justice System was very careful to tie up all the lose ends and refer back to the Convention on Human Rights. The judgement was a balancing of rights, a judgement not a case of right or wrong. Not something the ECHR will be able to add to.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
I don’t really care if it’s accepted or not, IMO The PT Justice System was very careful to tie up all the lose ends and refer back to the Convention on Human Rights. The judgement was a balancing of rights, a judgement not a case of right or wrong. Not something the ECHR will be able to add to.

The SC judgement was indeed a balancing act..we await to see if their judgement complied with European law..imo it didn't

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2017, 11:42:30 PM »
im giving my opinion ..and you yours...lets see who is right... the case wiil be accepted   100% imo

I wasn't giving an opinion.
You on the other hand appear to be mixing up two entirely different concepts.
You decide which one of the two you wish debate then I will join in  ?{)(**

Offline Brietta

« Reply #578 on: December 11, 2017, 01:57:09 AM »
The OP carries a cite which states that Portuguese lawyers acting for the McCanns lodged an appeal with the ECHR in July 2017.

Let's argue about it on this thread and not all over the ship as at present.  I think it is called discipline and ...  running a tight ship.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #579 on: December 11, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
The OP carries a cite which states that Portuguese lawyers acting for the McCanns lodged an appeal with the ECHR in July 2017.

Let's argue about it on this thread and not all over the ship as at present.  I think it is called discipline and ...  running a tight ship.

Which occurred after , the newspapers stated, ACCORDING TO A SOURCE, they wouldn't be appealing to the E.C.H.R.

So which one is true.

...and before anyone says it  was Clarence Mitchell, I take anything from him with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Remembering now, it is nothing to do with Amaral and the other parties involved in the court case, that is done and dusted.

Yup.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #580 on: December 11, 2017, 08:59:50 AM »
Which occurred after , the newspapers stated, ACCORDING TO A SOURCE, they wouldn't be appealing to the E.C.H.R.

So which one is true.

...and before anyone says it  was Clarence Mitchell, I take anything from him with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Remembering now, it is nothing to do with Amaral and the other parties involved in the court case, that is done and dusted.

Yup.

as I have already said I believe it is true due to the detail given and a direct quote from clarence...its pointless arguing,,,...again we will just have to wait and see who is right

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #581 on: December 11, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »

So which one is true.

Yup.

if it goes ahead it will rule whether the SC judgemnet was correct to rule in amarals favour or not correct...I agree compensation would be small and portugal does not have to enforce the judgement...it would look bad for portugals courts if the ECHR found in the mccanns favour ...imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #582 on: December 11, 2017, 09:15:39 AM »
if it goes ahead it will rule whether the SC judgemnet was correct to rule in amarals favour or not correct...I agree compensation would be small and portugal does not have to enforce the judgement...it would look bad for portugals courts if the ECHR found in the mccanns favour ...imo

In whose eye's.You supposedly quoted a case where the uk lost in the off topic thread,I see no embarrassment in any ones eye.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #583 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
as I have already said I believe it is true due to the detail given and a direct quote from clarence...its pointless arguing,,,...again we will just have to wait and see who is right

The head of the Portuguese police federation didn't share the same sentiments about Mitchell back in 2008.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »
The head of the Portuguese police federation didn't share the same sentiments about Mitchell back in 2008.

I can't say I'm surprised by that.