Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530689 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #660 on: December 11, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
Well, I suggest they don't try that, as they exposed their lives, including private lives, to the media.

exactly, most of which was too much information. [in the book]

stephen25000

« Reply #661 on: December 11, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
'The Court dealt with 302 applications concerning Portugal in 2016, of which 269 were declared
inadmissible or struck out. It delivered 19 judgments (concerning 33 applications), 17 of which
found at least one violation of the European Convention on Human Rights.'

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/CP_Portugal_ENG.pdf

Now, what I can't see on the site is how many of the small number of cases brought successfully, were acted upon by Portugal.

Also...............

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Stats_violation_1959_2016_ENG.pdf
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:52:13 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »
thats article 10...not 8.....you are quoting the wrong article

ase of Pfeifer v. Austria, the right to protection of reputation was established as a Convention right under art. 8 ECHR. From Pfeifer: “a person’s right to protection of his or her reputation is encompassed by Article 8 as being part of the right to respect for private life”.

I think you are confused, my reference was definitely from Article 8.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:23:46 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #663 on: December 11, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
I think you are confused, my reference was definitely from Article 8.

Its in both...Im not confused at all but when im answerring posts to 4 and 5 posters at the same time its a little difficult even for me...so in what way do you feel this is relevant to the case

The relevant part in this case is "... except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime..."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:13:46 PM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #664 on: December 11, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
Will any of these arguments matter until The Court of Human Rights decide?  This is all a howl a minute until they do.

I become increasingly separated from it all.  I remain entirely focused on Innocent Until Proven Guilty.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:31:42 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
Will any of these arguments matter until The Court of Human Rights decide?  This is all a howl a minute until they do.

I become increasingly separated from it all.  I remain entirely focused on Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Yes...the court claiming the mccanns hadnt proved their innocence....that could well be another point
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:32:02 PM by John »

Offline kizzy

« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »

Don't forget maddie was innocent as well.

She is the one that paid the price for being left,where can she go for her rights.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:32:25 PM by John »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2017, 05:26:59 PM »
Yes...the court claiming the mccanns hadnt proved their innocence....that could well be another point

I don't understand much of The Court of Human Rights, since as you say, it is all to do with Points of Law.  So while I understand Points of Law, you do have to understand which Law you are dealing with.

Portuguese Law is very suspect at the moment.  Some senior Judges are under scrutiny.  This might be fine for Portugal, but not necessarily fine for The Court of Human Rights.

Offline jassi

« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »
I don't understand much of The Court of Human Rights, since as you say, it is all to do with Points of Law.  So while I understand Points of Law, you do have to understand which Law you are dealing with.

Portuguese Law is very suspect at the moment. Some senior Judges are under scrutiny. This might be fine for Portugal, but not necessarily fine for The Court of Human Rights.

That would suggest that the application in some cases may be suspect, not the law itself.

This is why countries have a system of higher courts.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »

She is the one that paid the price for being left,where can she go for her rights.

Someone claimed earlier that the ECHR would not concern itself with Madeleine's rights, the following says differently.

Article 24 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights

The rights of the child

1. Children shall have the right to such protection and care as is necessary for their well-being. They may express their views freely. Such views shall be taken into consideration on matters which concern them in accordance with their age and maturity.
2. In all actions relating to children, whether taken by public authorities or private institutions, the child''s best interests must be a primary consideration.
3. Every child shall have the right to maintain on a regular basis a personal relationship and direct contact with both his or her parents, unless that is contrary to his or her interests.

http://fra.europa.eu/en/charterpedia/article/24-rights-child
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:38:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lace

« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2017, 05:40:13 PM »
Well, I suggest they don't try that, as they exposed their lives, including private lives, to the media.

Kate was explaining how a situation such as theirs could drive couples apart.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/534451/i-couldnt-make-love-to-gerry/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:30:44 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
Someone claimed earlier that the ECHR would not concern itself with Madeleine's rights, the following says differently.

The rights of the child

1. Children shall have the right to such protection and care as is necessary for their well-being. They may express their views freely. Such views shall be taken into consideration on matters which concern them in accordance with their age and maturity.
2. In all actions relating to children, whether taken by public authorities or private institutions, the child''s best interests must be a primary consideration.
3. Every child shall have the right to maintain on a regular basis a personal relationship and direct contact with both his or her parents, unless that is contrary to his or her interests.

this application is against portugal and the verdict given by the SC.......it will not consider maddies human rights...they are not relevant to this case...imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #672 on: December 11, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »

The rights of the child

Madeleine was excluded from the original case so cannot be considered by the ECHR in this case. IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #673 on: December 11, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »

I am becoming increasingly fed up with demands for the rights of Madeleine when so many believe her dead, without any proof at all.  This actually deprives her of the right to be alive.

We all know that Madeleine is innocent.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:40:12 PM by Eleanor »

Offline barrier

« Reply #674 on: December 11, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »

The rights of the child

Given that they brought the litigation using Madeleines name,that must have some bearing.imo
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.