Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530804 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
The fact that her parents were made arguidos for spurious reasons which resulted in neither evidence supporting their involvement in Madeleine's disappearance nor the fact that there was any evidence to support Madeleine's demise; leaves me with the firm belief that her presumption of life just as her parents presumption of innocence have been ground into the dust.

Not really by the Portuguese system which allowed a mibbees aye mibbees no for Madeleine and the release of the arguidos from suspicion ... but when it boils down to it ... one man who wrote a book with no substance to it.

It will be interesting if nothing else to see what the ECHR makes of the points of law which have arisen as a result of an appeal court decision which some see as sacrosanct.
For me, I am just disappointed that Madeleine's parents have been left to seek justice in the European Court and I wish them every hope for success, but more than that, I wish them the success of finding out what happened to their daughter and perhaps even her return.

Absolutely true....IMO

stephen25000

« Reply #721 on: December 11, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
The fact that her parents were made arguidos for spurious reasons which resulted in neither evidence supporting their involvement in Madeleine's disappearance nor the fact that there was any evidence to support Madeleine's demise; leaves me with the firm belief that her presumption of life just as her parents presumption of innocence have been ground into the dust.

Not really by the Portuguese system which allowed a mibbees aye mibbees no for Madeleine and the release of the arguidos from suspicion ... but when it boils down to it ... one man who wrote a book with no substance to it.

It will be interesting if nothing else to see what the ECHR makes of the points of law which have arisen as a result of an appeal court decision which some see as sacrosanct.
For me, I am just disappointed that Madeleine's parents have been left to seek justice in the European Court and I wish them every hope for success, but more than that, I wish them the success of finding out what happened to their daughter and perhaps even her return.

In reality, the spurious reasons, are in your opinion.

The PJ could find no evidence to support abduction.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #722 on: December 11, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »
perhaps its because its all true...imo

Doesn’t matter if it is true or not, it is unknown whether the reasons where spurious.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #723 on: December 11, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »

I still maintain absence of evidence is evidence of innocence  imo...posters here regularly use the absence argument a s evidence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #724 on: December 11, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
I have cosidered that and it may be another mistake by the SC.....public figures have less protection but imo public figures refers to public servants...again something for the ECHR to rule on

Nope! The SC were quite correct;

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or. a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #725 on: December 11, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
Doesn’t matter if it is true or not, it is unknown whether the reasons where spurious.

as far as I am aware it is known and admitted in the archiving report...in similar words...all my opinion

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #726 on: December 11, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »
I still maintain absence of evidence is evidence of innocence  imo...posters here regularly use the absence argument a s evidence

It seems learned judges disagree with you.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #727 on: December 11, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
Nope! The SC were quite correct;

a public figure, either a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or. a limited purpose public figure, meaning those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

I dont think wiki will be admissable in the ECHR...do you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #728 on: December 11, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
It seems learned judges disagree with you.

judges have been wrong before

stephen25000

« Reply #729 on: December 11, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »
judges have been wrong before

Quite right, the first judge, in the case.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #730 on: December 11, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
Quite right, the first judge, in the case.

Interesting point...the fact that she found in the mccanns favour shows the case is not as clear cut as the sceptics would think

stephen25000

« Reply #731 on: December 11, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »
Interesting point...the fact that she found in the mccanns favour shows the case is not as clear cut as the sceptics would think

She made mistakes.

She didn't abide by Portuguese Law.

Quite rightly, after all, we have to abide by the law.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #732 on: December 11, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
She made mistakes.

She didn't abide by Portuguese Law.

Quite rightly, after all, we have to abide by the law.

I think you will find it is european law that is important here

stephen25000

« Reply #733 on: December 11, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »
I think you will find it is european law that is important here

...and I think that this attempt going to the E.C.H.R. is merely a delaying tactic and will be a complete failure.

Have you read the data I provided earlier from the E.C.H.R. ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #734 on: December 11, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
...and I think that this attempt going to the E.C.H.R. is merely a delaying tactic and will be a complete failure.

Have you read the data I provided earlier from the E.C.H.R. ?

I don't see it as a delaying tactic, merely a manifestation of their inability to accept that they are wrong.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future