Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 534991 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #990 on: February 07, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »
Better late than never don't you think?
Though Smithman might not think that.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #991 on: February 07, 2018, 03:26:26 PM »
If you want to be in the same state of denial as the sceptics so be it...it really doesnt matter. Its quite obvious that an action has been lodged with the ECHR but Im not surprised that some dont want to accept it. On another thread it is taken for granted that Mr Smith has made a certain statement to O'doherty yet we have no record of what smith actually said only the journalists word for it...yet posters have accepted it as the absolute truth...the double staandards comes as no surprise

I expect the McCanns have applied to the ECHR, but I don't accept that a note in their Y/E accounts is evidence.

The BBC definitely changed their Panorama recording to cut out what they said about the Smiths. I can think of no reason why they would do that except the reason given by Gemma O'Doherty.  Those casting doubt on her story need to explain that in order to prove her wrong.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #992 on: February 07, 2018, 03:29:24 PM »
If it's stated in the accounts then it is ridiculous to suggest an action has not been made

I agree but in my opinion it is a futile application.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #993 on: February 07, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »
I expect the McCanns have applied to the ECHR, but I don't accept that a note in their Y/E accounts is evidence.

The BBC definitely changed their Panorama recording to cut out what they said about the Smiths. I can think of no reason why they would do that except the reason given by Gemma O'Doherty.  Those casting doubt on her story need to explain that in order to prove her wrong.

Making an application to the ECHR is free and involves merely answering preset question in a booklet.  It is not a complicated process, any competent individual could do so, it does not require a lawyer.  Making such an application is no guarantee that it will progress to any stage.

As for the Smith sighting, I think it is time Martin Smith spoke out and reveal his true thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:50:24 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #994 on: February 07, 2018, 04:12:15 PM »
I agree but in my opinion it is a futile application.

Have you done much research...I have and I would say they have a fairly strong case..On what grounds do you think they havent

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #995 on: February 07, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
Making an application to the ECHR is free and involves merely answering preset question in a booklet.  It is not a complicated process, any competent individual could do so, it does not require a lawyer.  Making such an application is no guarantee that it will progress to any stage.

As for the Smith sighting, I think it is time Martin Smith spoke out and reveal his true thoughts.

I would welcome MS giving his true thoughts...but thats all they are ...his thoughts...nothing more

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #996 on: February 07, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »

of course its evidence...you are confusing evidence and proof...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:16:39 PM by Davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #997 on: February 07, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »

So easily done; especially as Roger's Brontosaurus offers "proof" as a synonym of "evidence".
We has a difference of opinion it seems.
Maybe you will apprise us why you believe the thesaurus to be in error?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #998 on: February 07, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »
So easily done; especially as Roger's Brontosaurus offers "proof" as a synonym of "evidence".

So you don't know the difference either

Offline Brietta

« Reply #999 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »

The only clarification required is from the person making unsubstantiated claims ~ Ms O'Doherty.  A terribly simple process since she does not have to protect her sources which have already been released by her into the public domain.
Without provenance I remain unconvinced by her and her allegations. Not that it really makes one whit of difference to anything other than ~ in my opinion ~ her professional reputation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1000 on: February 07, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »
The only clarification required is from the person making unsubstantiated claims ~ Ms O'Doherty.  A terribly simple process since she does not have to protect her sources which have already been released by her into the public domain.
Without provenance I remain unconvinced by her and her allegations. Not that it really makes one whit of difference to anything other than ~ in my opinion ~ her professional reputation.

No doubt she will be devastated to learn that
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1001 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »

It's evidence that they say they've applied to the ECHR, not that they have.

Gemma O'Doherty said the BBC agreed to cut their comment about the Smiths from their video and they did so. Unless you have evidence that they did it for another reason you can't prove her wrong.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1002 on: February 07, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »
Synonym - definition  "a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close".
So if you are confusing proof with evidence they might be close but not exactly the same but nearly the same.
What is the slight difference?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1003 on: February 07, 2018, 07:22:03 PM »
No doubt she will be devastated to learn that
I think you have missed the point Brietta is trying to maintain GO'D's reputation. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1004 on: February 07, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
I think you have missed the point Brietta is trying to maintain GO'D's reputation.

How very kind.
Result = happy posting.