Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530802 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1035 on: February 08, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »
Well it seems no one wants to discuss it... Perhaps, it's, a, bitter pill for sceptics to swallow

It seems that way to me.  They were all so sure that this was never going to happen.

It isn't good idea to be certain sure about anything in this case.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1036 on: February 08, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
Anyway no more Ms O’Doherty on here.

Quite right.  The statement in the Year End accounts, despite the arguments, doesn't prove that an application has been made to the ECHR. That's not to say it hasn't, just that there's no proof that it has.

My opinion is that an application has been made because I think the McCanns are now at war with the Portuguese Judiciary as well as with Amaral.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:26:21 PM by Brietta »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #1037 on: February 08, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »
It seems that way to me.  They were all so sure that this was never going to happen.

It isn't good idea to be certain sure about anything in this case.

We'll be more certain when we see a case number for this appeal
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1038 on: February 08, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
We'll be more certain when we see a case number for this appeal

I'll be more certain when I see proof of a lot of things.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1039 on: February 08, 2018, 11:32:10 AM »
I'll be more certain when I see proof of a lot of things.

I'll drink to that   8((()*/
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1040 on: February 08, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
I'll drink to that   8((()*/
Cite please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1041 on: February 08, 2018, 11:46:30 AM »
I'll have to look in my crystal glass and see i I can find one  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:57:27 AM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1042 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
Quite right. The statement in the Year End accounts, despite the arguments, doesn't prove that an application has been made to the ECHR. That's not to say it hasn't, just that there's no proof that it has.

My opinion is that an application has been made because I think the McCanns are now at war with the Portuguese Judiciary as well as with Amaral.

Good to see you are now using the correct word... Prove
It is of course evidence an application has been made and I would say very strong evidence.  The mccanns are not at war with anyone.    Just, exercising their right to appeal to the ECHR
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:27:17 PM by Brietta »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1043 on: February 08, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
Good to see you are now using the correct word... Prove
It is of course evidence an application has been made and I would say very strong evidence.  The mccanns are not at war with anyone.    Just, exercising their right to appeal to the ECHR

I think you should cease pontificating about proof and evidence because you are clearly confused yourself.

Your post 971

So now we have proof that the case has, been lodged

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1044 on: February 08, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »
I think you should cease pontificating about proof and evidence because you are clearly confused yourself.

Your post 971

So now we have proof that the case has, been lodged

I would say we do have proof...on the balance of probablities...thats a reasonable statement...yours that the statement in the accounts was not evidence...is plainly wrong...then we have alice who wants to argue taht evidence and proof are the same thing...which I have shown to be wrong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1045 on: February 08, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
I would say we do have proof...on the balance of probablities...thats a reasonable statement...yours that the statement in the accounts was not evidence...is plainly wrong...then we have alice who wants to argue taht evidence and proof are the same thing...which I have shown to be wrong

If you think the statement amounts to 'proof', as in your first post, then why did you alter it to 'evidence' later? On the balance of probabilities I take that to demonstrate your uncertainty about the nature of the statement.

My position remains the same. The statement in the accounts is evidence that the McCanns claim to have applied to the ECHR. It isn't proof that they have.
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1046 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
Well it seems no one wants to discuss it... Perhaps, it's, a, bitter pill for sceptics to swallow

Whats there to discuss,a vague passing of a mention on audited accounts pertaining to the year 2016/2017 which would be before a decision was made was it not,strange set of affairs imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1047 on: February 08, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
Whats there to discuss,a vague passing of a mention on audited accounts pertaining to the year 2016/2017 which would be before a decision was made was it not,strange set of affairs imo.

It is not vague it is quite precise.......The accounts may pertain to 16/17 but were drawn up in 17 when thedecision had been taken

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1048 on: February 08, 2018, 01:13:41 PM »
Quite right.  The statement in the Year End accounts, despite the arguments, doesn't prove that an application has been made to the ECHR. That's not to say it hasn't, just that there's no proof that it has.

if your opinion is that an application has been made then you must have seen compelling evidence/proof  that it has been made. on what basis do you believe that the application is now a fact

Offline barrier

« Reply #1049 on: February 08, 2018, 01:14:47 PM »
It is not vague it is quite precise.......The accounts may pertain to 16/17 but were drawn up in 17 when thedecision had been taken

Whats it to do with the accounts? unless the McCanns have used them for their litigation.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.