Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530810 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1140 on: June 16, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »
Here it is in all its glory.

Judge - Were you diagnosed with a clinical depression?
Kate Healy (McCann) No. Depression is an over-diagnosed, over used term to diagnose those who feel a bit down, clinically I wasn't depressed.
Judge - There is a quote attributed to you - did you ever say that you wished you were in a coma so you wouldn't suffer?
Kate Healy (McCann) Yes.
Judge - Did that have to do with the disappearance of your child, or with the book and the documentary?
Kate Healy (McCann) Both were overwhelming, but it was intensified when the book was published.’

Part of the claim against Amaral said that his book caused a severe depression yet Kate denies it when giving evidence. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ! It would appear this lady will go to any length to maintain the veneer of respectability, even scuppering her own case.

Kate denied having clinical depression...she does not deny being depressed...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1141 on: June 16, 2018, 12:25:29 PM »
Did The Judge ask that?

A cite is require.  Otherwise I will remove this comment.

Cite posted.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1142 on: June 16, 2018, 12:26:55 PM »
Kate denied having clinical depression...she does not deny being depressed...

What, being a little bit sad? Her daughter had been allegedly abducted. I’d be surprised if she wasn’t ‘a little bit sad’.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1143 on: June 16, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »
As I recall, they claimed damages for all the family, but for different reasons. In the case of the parents the damages were to compensate them for their pain, suffering and emotional distress. They felt;

"totally destroyed, depressed, feeling ashamed and experiencing a deep malaise because they are considered as having responsibility in the disappearance of their daughter and as coward people who have hidden her body, simulating a kidnapping."

That claim wasn't proved, but this was;

"Because of the statements made by defendant Gonçalo Amaral in the book, in the documentary and in the interview to Correio da Manhã, authors Kate McCann and Gerald McCann suffer permanent anguish, insomnia, lack of appetite, anxiety and irritability, preoccupation and indefinable fear."

With a caveat;

"The judge adds that this psychological state is predates the book launch, the documentary and the interview and was not caused by them. Nonetheless, it is not unreasonable to believe that the book, the documentary and the interview had an effect on the couple, i.e. It had an effect but that is to be expected."

The judge seems to be saying that they did feel that way, but the feelings weren't caused by the book, the documentary or the interview.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1144 on: June 16, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
Cite posted.

That Cite is not good enough.  The comment was twisted, to say the least.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1145 on: June 16, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
Did The Judge ask that?

Kate Healy (McCann) No. Depression is an over-diagnosed, over used term to diagnose those who feel a bit down, clinically I wasn't depressed.
Judge - There is a quote attributed to you - did you ever say that you wished you were in a coma so you wouldn't suffer?
Kate Healy (McCann) Yes.
Judge - Did that have to do with the disappearance of your child, or with the book and the documentary?
Kate Healy (McCann) Both were overwhelming, but it was intensified when the book was published.’

Yeah this bit. 

Thanks Faith 8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #1146 on: June 16, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
Did The Judge ask that?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4745.0  Post 3
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1147 on: June 16, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »
Kate Healy (McCann) Yes.

Yeah this bit. 

Thanks Faith 8**8:/:

As I said.  Twisted.  But never mind.  You do yourself no favours.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1148 on: June 16, 2018, 07:07:11 PM »
Do you mean someone who has experienced the vagaries of life?

Haven't we all? Mais perhaps not.  I don't know. I have never been the best of parents.  But then I never knew what that was supposed to be, since no one ever taught me.

Teach them kindness and how to stand on their own two feet.  That was about it.  And I can't say that my children have failed me.

Just try to be kind.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1149 on: June 16, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
What, being a little bit sad? Her daughter had been allegedly abducted. I’d be surprised if she wasn’t ‘a little bit sad’.
Where does Kate say she was “a little bit sad”? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1150 on: June 16, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »
As I recall, they claimed damages for all the family, but for different reasons. In the case of the parents the damages were to compensate them for their pain, suffering and emotional distress. They felt;

"totally destroyed, depressed, feeling ashamed and experiencing a deep malaise because they are considered as having responsibility in the disappearance of their daughter and as coward people who have hidden her body, simulating a kidnapping."

That claim wasn't proved, but this was;

"Because of the statements made by defendant Gonçalo Amaral in the book, in the documentary and in the interview to Correio da Manhã, authors Kate McCann and Gerald McCann suffer permanent anguish, insomnia, lack of appetite, anxiety and irritability, preoccupation and indefinable fear."

With a caveat;

"The judge adds that this psychological state is predates the book launch, the documentary and the interview and was not caused by them. Nonetheless, it is not unreasonable to believe that the book, the documentary and the interview had an effect on the couple, i.e. It had an effect but that is to be expected."

The judge seems to be saying that they did feel that way, but the feelings weren't caused by the book, the documentary or the interview.
What does “it (the book, the documentary and thr interview) had an effect (on the couple) but that is to be expected” mean then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1151 on: June 16, 2018, 07:28:16 PM »
FAO of those who are ignorant about depression:
What is the difference between depression and clinical depression?
In   Mental Health,   Depression and Bipolar Disorder,   Health   

they are very much the same. but clinical depression is the term to express persistant depression that needs ongoing treatment.

What is clinical depression?
Clinical Depression . Clinical depression (also called major depressive disorder , or unipolar depression when compared to bipolar disorder) is a state of intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive to an individual's social functioning and/or activities of daily living.. Although a low mood or state of dejection that does not affect functioning is often colloquially referred to as depression,clinical depression is a clinical diagnosis and may be different fromthe everyday meaning of "being depressed." Many people identify thefeeling of being clinically depressed as "feeling sad for no reason",or "having no motivation to do anything." A person suffering fromdepression may feel tired, sad, irritable, lazy, unmotivated, and apathetic.Clinical depression is generally acknowledged to be more serious thannormal depressed feelings. It often leads to constant negative thinkingand sometimes substance abuse. Extreme depression can culminate in its sufferers attempting or committing suicide. 1 . 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_depression .

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1152 on: June 16, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »
You said ‘people who are depressed. Kate specifically told the judge she was not depressed.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:00:41 PM by John »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1153 on: June 16, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
FAO of those who are ignorant about depression:
What is the difference between depression and clinical depression?
In   Mental Health,   Depression and Bipolar Disorder,   Health   

they are very much the same. but clinical depression is the term to express persistant depression that needs ongoing treatment.

What is clinical depression?
Clinical Depression . Clinical depression (also called major depressive disorder , or unipolar depression when compared to bipolar disorder) is a state of intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive to an individual's social functioning and/or activities of daily living.. Although a low mood or state of dejection that does not affect functioning is often colloquially referred to as depression,clinical depression is a clinical diagnosis and may be different fromthe everyday meaning of "being depressed." Many people identify thefeeling of being clinically depressed as "feeling sad for no reason",or "having no motivation to do anything." A person suffering fromdepression may feel tired, sad, irritable, lazy, unmotivated, and apathetic.Clinical depression is generally acknowledged to be more serious thannormal depressed feelings. It often leads to constant negative thinkingand sometimes substance abuse. Extreme depression can culminate in its sufferers attempting or committing suicide. 1 . 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_depression .

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1154 on: June 16, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »

kate was asked a specific question...was she clinically depressed. Being a doctor...unlike you....she understood the question and gave the correct answer...there is a difference between clinical depression and situational depression...try google