Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530726 times)

Offline John

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1185 on: June 17, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
A reminder guys...please stay within the thread theme. Thanks!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1186 on: June 17, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »
I think the document Misty linked to will take a bit of study to enable a full understanding and not just a cursory read which I've only had time to do so far (LOL not even 'cursory' I'm not past page one yet plus a quick skim!).

I don't even know if there will be anything bearing any relevance to the McCann appeal to the ECHR;  I thought it is written well - bearing in mind the above caveat - with some promising detail which hpefully might be worth proper discussion.

From what I have read it is more regarding Portugal's failure to respect article 10 when a journalist is criticizing the establishment.... As, someone suggested this may be why the SC decided in favour of 10 over 8. It also relates to criminal cases where it seems  the mccanns was, a, civil case

From what I have read are other cases of defamation judged against Portugal at the ECHR.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:38:11 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline barrier

« Reply #1187 on: June 17, 2018, 08:02:03 PM »
When the McCanns went to the SC court to over turn the appeal what did they go to it for?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1188 on: June 17, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
When the McCanns went to the SC court to over turn the appeal what did they go to it for?

Because they felt the Appeal Court's ruling was frivolous.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1189 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »

I know what the SC said in their judge me.. It rather makes sense that their judgement would relate to what they had asked to judge

Offline barrier

« Reply #1190 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »

So on to the ECHR with that? surely they can't contest anything else.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1191 on: June 17, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »

I think you are now getting confused ...cite for frivolous

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1192 on: June 17, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »
So on to the ECHR with that? surely they can't contest anything else.

Is that your opinion

Offline barrier

« Reply #1193 on: June 17, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

Various rags were quoting it as such.
Express,other rags are availible.

A document was lodged on Friday seeking to annul the court’s decision, calling it “frivolous”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1194 on: June 17, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »
the court cases are fascinating but I have left them alone for they will not solve the mystery IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1195 on: June 17, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
the court cases are fascinating but I have left them alone for they will not solve the mystery IMO.

No sign of anything else on that score Rob,imo of course.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1196 on: June 17, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
Their argument seemed to be about Article 277 The archiving document quoted 277/1;

1 - The Public Ministry shall, by dispatch, close the investigation, as soon as it has gathered sufficient evidence that the crime was not confirmed, that the arguido did not practice it in any way or that the procedure is legally inadmiss

The SC judges ruled that this was wrong, and that 277/2 should have been used;

2. The investigation shall also be closed if it had not been possible for the Public Ministry to obtain sufficient evidence confirming the crime or who were the authors.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1198 on: June 17, 2018, 10:03:45 PM »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1199 on: June 17, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
So who used the word frivolously...the writ was obviously in Portuguese... Who translated it as frivolously

Cropper I expect.