Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530868 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2010 on: July 02, 2018, 06:21:23 PM »
I asked you for a cite first which you have been unable to supply..

If you read the paper you quoted fourth instance applies when the appellants do not have a calim against any particular article but feel they have been teated badly by the initial court decision...it may be heard under the right to a fair trial
Not article 8
Have you, actually read it

I read the paper.

Fourth Instance is a section under Inadmissibility based on the Merits, subsection Manifestly Ill Founded.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2011 on: July 02, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
Agreed but the police must have sufficient and credible evidence to present before a case gets to court.
Did anyone tell this to Amaral?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2012 on: July 02, 2018, 06:45:58 PM »

Why was GA took off the case. imo he was getting to close
I like a bit of humour at times.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2013 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
You need to provide a cite for brush given to krugel.... Quite possibly he was given the brush then returned it
So you are not familiar with the hair brush saga.  I think Kizi has finally raised a point that needs answering. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2014 on: July 02, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
So you are not familiar with the hair brush saga.  I think Kizi has finally raised a point that needs answering.

It's been answerred by Brietta

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2015 on: July 02, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
I read the paper.

Fourth Instance is a section under Inadmissibility based on the Merits, subsection Manifestly Ill Founded.

Yes I know... I read it... So again... How would it aply to this case....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2016 on: July 02, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
Yes I know... I read it... So again... How would it aply to this case....

That means that it is not its task to deal with errors of fact or law allegedly committed by a national court unless and in so far as such errors may have infringed rights and freedoms protected by the Convention. It may not itself assess the facts which have led a national court to adopt one decision rather than another. If it were otherwise, the Court would be acting as a court of third or fourth instance, which would be to disregard the limits imposed on its action

In the light of the above considerations the Court may not, as a general rule, question the findings and conclusions of the domestic courts as regards:
 the establishment of the facts of the case;
 the interpretation and application of domestic law;
 the admissibility and assessment of evidence at the trial;
 the substantive fairness of the outcome of a civil dispute;
 the guilt or innocence of the accused in criminal proceedings.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2017 on: July 02, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »

If you think that rules out the McCann claim then you don't understand  what is written there... Imo

I'm on my phone at the moment so can't copy and paste

Third line of your quote... Unless and in so far... Those are the crucial words
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:18:26 PM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2018 on: July 02, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »
If you think that rules out the McCann claim then you don't understand  what is written there... Imo

I'm on my phone at the moment so can't copy and paste

Unless we know what was in the application we can’t really point to specifics. From the gist of what the supporters have been saying, and the points above, I would say the chances of admissibility and success are extremely slim.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2019 on: July 02, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
Unless we know what was in the application we can’t really point to specifics. From the gist of what the supporters have been saying, and the points above, I would say the chances of admissibility and success are extremely slim.

Supporters have been saying where?.... Cite... On this forum it's basically me citing article  8 to which your point hsd zero relevance... On the previous cases I have seen I would rate the chances very good

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2020 on: July 02, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »
Supporters have been saying where?.... Cite... On this forum it's basically me citing article  8 to which your point hsd zero relevance... On the previous cases I have seen I would rate the chances very good

If you read the document you will have seen that it usually applies to article 6 but can apply to any article.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2021 on: July 02, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
It's been answerred by Brietta
It was brushed off by Brietta.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2022 on: July 02, 2018, 07:45:52 PM »
It was brushed off by Brietta.

In your  opinion... Imo brietta provided the answer

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2023 on: July 02, 2018, 07:47:22 PM »
If you read the document you will have seen that it usually applies to article 6 but can apply to any article.

So... For the third time.. Precisely how will that affect the McCann's application

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2024 on: July 02, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »
So... For the third time.. Precisely how will that affect the McCann's application
Not at all if they didn't actually make one.
Moderation