Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 535062 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2220 on: September 30, 2018, 07:59:51 PM »

Okay.  That's enough now.  Or else.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2221 on: September 30, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
Its been 12 hours now since sunnys first off topic ad hom post was directed at me...and still not stopped ...carry on the pointless posts...are the sceptics trying to set a record today

Who knows? I don't the sceptics are a cohesive force with a common goal or opinion.
It is rather puerile to think otherwise.
But your posts seem to be setting a record for lack of knowledge w.r.t law, the ECHR and the ECtHR.
But keep on, it's good entertainment value if nothing else.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2222 on: September 30, 2018, 08:05:13 PM »
Ooops crossed post sorry boss  8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2223 on: September 30, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
Ooops crossed post sorry boss  8(0(*

Thank You.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2224 on: September 30, 2018, 08:10:33 PM »
Who knows? I don't the sceptics are a cohesive force with a common goal or opinion.
It is rather puerile to think otherwise.
But your posts seem to be setting a record for lack of knowledge w.r.t law, the ECHR and the ECtHR.
But keep on, it's good entertainment value if nothing else.

then point out where I am wrong...the....its good entertainment..... goad is more than a little tired and overused now

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2225 on: September 30, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
Ive expalined several times........if the mccanns receive a favourable judgeemnt at the ECHR.....and amaral repeats his claims....then a new trial could be held and the court would need to enforce current ECHr law and find in favour of the McCanns....If the mccanns had not gone to the ECHR....amaral could continualy repeat his claims with impunity...in reality hes gone rather quiet

Portuguese Law will not change as a result of a McCann case to the ECHR. So they couldn't go back to court with the same complaint.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2226 on: September 30, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »
Portuguese Law will not change as a result of a McCann case to the ECHR. So they couldn't go back to court with the same complaint.

it wouldnt be the same complaint if you read my post....if amaral repeats his claim it would be a new complaint...and its not up to portuguese law...its ECHR law that counts in this case. the SC were at pains to show it complied with ECHR law....are you suggesting in future it would just ignore it

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2227 on: September 30, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »

They could, if The ECHR rules in favour of The McCanns and Amaral mouths off again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2228 on: September 30, 2018, 08:18:28 PM »
They could, if The ECHR rules in favour of The McCanns and Amaral mouths off again.
precisely

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2229 on: September 30, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »

But that won't undo the SC ruling Eleanor and I would imagine it would depend up on what Goncalo Amaral actually said following a positive McCann ECHR ruling.

There have been defamation cases in Portugal before the McCanns you know.  Some have had their appeals at the SC upheld and some have not. The law in Portugal stayed the same from what I have seen.

All IMO
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2230 on: September 30, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
But that won't undo the SC ruling Eleanor and I would imagine it would depend up on what Goncalo Amaral actually said following a positive McCann ECHR ruling.

There have been defamation cases in Portugal before the McCanns you know.  Some have had their appeals at the SC upheld and some have not. The law in Portugal stayed the same from what I have seen.

All IMO

Portugal law has not stayed the same....its been influenced by the ECHR...i will add...imo...so I do not have to supply a cite

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2231 on: September 30, 2018, 08:24:42 PM »

All IMO

I very much doubt that you could prove your second sentence.

Your first sentence is just a repeat of the same old same old, of which I have had enough.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2232 on: September 30, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »

He probably doesn't need to. He has made his point, much to McCann fury and chagrin.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2233 on: September 30, 2018, 08:31:55 PM »
He probably doesn't need to. He has made his point, much to McCann fury and chagrin.

I would say anyone who believes in justice would be offended by what amaral has said and what he has been allowed to get away with..its an affront to justice imo...and will be corrected by the ECHR

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2234 on: September 30, 2018, 08:33:48 PM »
I very much doubt that you could prove your second sentence.

Your first sentence is just a repeat of the same old same old, of which I have had enough.

My first sentence was factual and relevant to Davel's claim IMO.

My second sentence was this

There have been defamation cases in Portugal before the McCanns you know

Do you really need me to provide a cite for this?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:52:49 AM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!