Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530775 times)

Offline Snowgirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2295 on: October 02, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
And posters have continually posted... They won't apply... They have no case... It won't be accepted... I'm simply giving the other side.... And at least my opinion is based on cases I have cited....
Isn’t each case different?  How many of the cases you have looked at have been comparable to the McCanns ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2296 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
The reason Gerry was not allowed to rubbish the dogs was because it was not part of the case.

It was in the book and the documentary... With false claims made Re their reliability.. It will be interesting to see what the ECHR make of it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2297 on: October 02, 2018, 09:44:22 AM »
Isn’t each case different?  How many of the cases you have looked at have been comparable to the McCanns ?

How many cases have you looked at.... I've posted a li k to a list of them and they make very interesting reading.
They show that the ECHRwill look at the evidence that supports amarals claims and whether he had presented a balanced view
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:57:02 AM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2298 on: October 02, 2018, 09:51:17 AM »
It was in the book and the documentary... With false claims made Re their reliability.. It will be interesting to see what the ECHR make of it

The crux of any case will be, did the PT SC fail to consider any of the rights in play.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2299 on: October 02, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
The crux of any case will be, did the PT SC fail to consider any of the rights in play.

No... They did consider them... It's whether they got the balance right

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #2300 on: October 02, 2018, 10:00:12 AM »
How many cases have you looked at.... I've posted a li k to a list of them and they make very interesting reading.
They show that the ECHRwill look at the evidence that supports amarals claims and whether he had presented a balanced view
I completely disagree with what you’re claiming the ECHR will do but I’m not going to bang on about it any further  for the sake of my sanity .

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2301 on: October 02, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »
No... They did consider them... It's whether they got the balance right

For which they need to take account of the source of the information complained about.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2302 on: October 02, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
For which they need to take account of the source of the information complained about.

Where's, the source for the dogs solving 200 cases... Remember the files said the alerts had no evidential value.... Amaral ignored the parts of the official files that didn't support his view and therefore did not present a balanced view
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:21:39 AM by Davel »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #2303 on: October 02, 2018, 10:21:43 AM »

I give up, you refuse to understand. The ECHR will be concerned with human rights not with the investigation or the dogs!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2304 on: October 02, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
I give up, you refuse to understand. The ECHR will be concerned with human rights not with the investigation or the dogs!

The only way they can assess a breach of human rights us to decide if amarals wiews, were supported by evidence and balance.... You are the one who refuses to accept reality... Imo

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2305 on: October 02, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
The only way they can assess a breach of human rights us to decide if amarals wiews, were supported by evidence and balance.... You are the one who refuses to accept reality... Imo

Wrong, you want them to act as a Court of fourth instance which leads to inadmissibility.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2306 on: October 02, 2018, 10:58:25 AM »
Wrong, you want them to act as a Court of fourth instance which leads to inadmissibility.

I'm not wrong at all... Explain why you THINK... I'm wrong..

It's a basic 8 vs 10....nothing to do with 4th instance.... Plus perhaps the presumption  of innocence

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2307 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
I'm not wrong at all... Explain why you THINK... I'm wrong..

It's a basic 8 vs 10....nothing to do with 4th instance.... Plus perhaps the presumption  of innocence

You want them to review the evidence which is fourth instance.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2308 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »
It's certainly going to be fun on here when this application gets rejected.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2309 on: October 02, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
That's all right then Davel.  You say this time and time again but it is still only your opinion after all.

Which changes with the wind.
It's moved along way over 152 pages.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey