Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530734 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2520 on: October 22, 2018, 10:11:47 AM »
&^&*%
I would be interested to see a case where a lawyer has succeeded in having a judgement overturned.

Brietta has quoted a case in Portugal where it seems this is happening.... So again... Sigh... What happens to someone who appeals to the ECHR to prevent deportation.... According to you he will be, deported anyway... Which is plainly absurd

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2521 on: October 22, 2018, 10:27:58 AM »
&^&*%
I would be interested to see a case where a lawyer has succeeded in having a judgement overturned.

convention of human rights.

• In 2010 Aso Mohammed Ibrahim, a Kurdish asylum seeker who caused the death of a 12 year girl in a driving accident, avoided deportation. Tabloid papers seized upon the fact that he had claimed the right to a family life, enshrined in article 8 of the convention, to avoid deportation at an immigration tribunal.

The prime minister remarked of the case: “My personal response is one of great anger that this is allowed to happen. Here we have an Iraqi asylum seeker convicted of an offence that led to the death of a child and yet we are being told that there is no way that this person can be deported to Iraq

Offline xtina

« Reply #2522 on: October 22, 2018, 10:28:46 AM »
Brietta has quoted a case in Portugal where it seems this is happening.... So again... Sigh... What happens to someone who appeals to the ECHR to prevent deportation.... According to you he will be, deported anyway... Which is plainly absurd

I think you should wait to see if the mccs get accepted first...

Up to now, they haven't......

It may have already been refused,.... you don't know

Seems silly ...always jumping the gun ....as if you know everything

When in fact you are just the same as everyone else ...know nothing for definite....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2523 on: October 22, 2018, 10:36:10 AM »

I think you should wait to see if the mccs get accepted first...

Up to now, they haven't......

It may have already been refused,.... you don't know

Seems silly ...always jumping the gun ....as if you know everything

When in fact you are just the same as everyone else ...know nothing for definite....

I'm pointing out that the, SC judgement  may not be final at all.. If it isn't then the case could affect, amaral....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2524 on: October 22, 2018, 10:40:32 AM »
I'm pointing out that the, SC judgement  may not be final at all.. If it isn't then the case could affect, amaral....

Do we have any evidence of the ECHR overturning a SC judgement in a civil case, not a criminal one.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline xtina

« Reply #2525 on: October 22, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »

I'm pointing out SC judgment...maybe final after all.......

If... appeal to ECHR...has  been rejected....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2526 on: October 22, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »
Do we have any evidence of the ECHR overturning a SC judgement in a civil case, not a criminal one.

According to the ECHR website rules, apply to civil and criminal cases... I presume Charlie, Gard was a civil case
The point I am making is the SC judgement may not be final as posters thought

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2527 on: October 22, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
I'm pointing out SC judgment...maybe final after all.......

If... appeal to ECHR...has  been rejected....

So it may... Or may not be final
So it may.. Or may not affect amaral

Offline John

« Reply #2528 on: October 22, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
I am reviewing everything that was posted yesterday following several complaints. Inappropriate posting of any sort will not be tolerated and especially so given the number of warnings that have a already been given. Sanctions and/or suspensions could well follow.

Members are free to make representation in defence of themselves or others.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:12:02 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2529 on: October 22, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
convention of human rights.

• In 2010 Aso Mohammed Ibrahim, a Kurdish asylum seeker who caused the death of a 12 year girl in a driving accident, avoided deportation. Tabloid papers seized upon the fact that he had claimed the right to a family life, enshrined in article 8 of the convention, to avoid deportation at an immigration tribunal.

The prime minister remarked of the case: “My personal response is one of great anger that this is allowed to happen. Here we have an Iraqi asylum seeker convicted of an offence that led to the death of a child and yet we are being told that there is no way that this person can be deported to Iraq

You provide no cite for your post. Perhaps because it was solely the UK authorities who were involved, not the ECHR. It was the Second Tier Immigration and Asylum Tribunal which refused the UK Border Agency's request that he be deported.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/16/iraqi-killed-girl-remain-uk
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2530 on: October 22, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

The lawyer has declared his intention to request a review of the decision. We don't know whether that request has been submitted or what the response was if it has. Until we do it doesn't amount to evidence of anything.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2531 on: October 22, 2018, 11:42:53 AM »
The lawyer has declared his intention to request a review of the decision. We don't know whether that request has been submitted or what the response was if it has. Until we do it doesn't amount to evidence of anything.

The fact that the lawyer has, declared an intention for a, review is evidence if not proof that a review of the original judgement is, a possibility ....which shows it may not be final

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2532 on: October 22, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
You provide no cite for your post. Perhaps because it was solely the UK authorities who were involved, not the ECHR. It was the Second Tier Immigration and Asylum Tribunal which refused the UK Border Agency's request that he be deported.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/16/iraqi-killed-girl-remain-uk
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9239417/European-Court-of-Human-Rights-blocks-more-deportations-from-UK-than-any-other-country.html

Offline G-Unit

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2534 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
Thank you for the cite, but I can see no reference to Aso Mohammed Ibrahim.

No... There isn't.. I'm busy and posting in a hurry.
It certainly seems that judgements can be reviewed and changed... Amaral is not out of the woods yet