Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530694 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2640 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
In your opinion again...
I would say it is on topic... I've given my opinion... It has just, as much weight as your opinion.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:12:20 PM by John »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2641 on: October 28, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
WE need to revisit the McCanns case.
No one was on trial, innocence or guilt of Amaral or the McCanns was not established, because NO ONE WAS ON TRIAL.

Not having someone on trial means two things: there is no need of presumptions of innocence
and no one was found guilty or not guilty of any crime.

Amaral wrote a book on the police thinking at that time, the McCanns didn't like it and made all sorts of crazy claims WHICH they could not prove.

The supreme court made a final judgement on the claims and came to the conclusion that Amaral had excersised his right to freedom of speech.

Full stop.

However, the McCanns lawyer made a statement about the McCanns being 'innocent' and this was replied with it had not been established.

Nothing bad about this ,so you can introduce as many other cases ay you wish, it won't change a thing.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline barrier

« Reply #2642 on: October 28, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
WE need to revisit the McCanns case.
No one was on trial, innocence or guilt of Amaral or the McCanns was not established, because NO ONE WAS ON TRIAL.

Not having someone on trial means two things: there is no need of presumptions of innocence
and no one was found guilty or not guilty of any crime.

Amaral wrote a book on the police thinking at that time, the McCanns didn't like it and made all sorts of crazy claims WHICH they could not prove.

The supreme court made a final judgement on the claims and came to the conclusion that Amaral had excersised his right to freedom of speech.

Full stop.

However, the McCanns lawyer made a statement about the McCanns being 'innocent' and this was replied with it had not been established.

Nothing bad about this ,so you can introduce as many other cases ay you wish, it won't change a thing.

That was the week that was,still nothing from the ECHR,wonder how many times that can be repeated each Sunday.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2643 on: October 28, 2018, 11:08:55 AM »
That was the week that was,still nothing from the ECHR,wonder how many times that can be repeated each Sunday.

until we hear something....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2644 on: October 28, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »
until we hear something....

Or as I think, we won't. I believe the McCanns have petitioned anonymously and if they lose or it is deemed inadmissible then they will hardly publicise that.  Of course if they are successful (which I doubt) then they will proclaim it from the rooftops IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2645 on: October 28, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »
Or as I think, we won't. I believe the McCanns have petitioned anonymously and if they lose or it is deemed inadmissible then they will hardly publicise that.  Of course if they are successful (which I doubt) then they will proclaim it from the rooftops IMO.
As was posted just over a year ago:
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf
[b]What is the European Court of Human Rights not able to do for me?[/b]
The Court does not act as a court of appeal in relation to national
courts; it does not rehear cases, it cannot quash, vary or revise
their decisions.

The  Court  will  not  intercede  directly  on  your  behalf  with
the  authority  you  are  complaining  about.  In  exceptional
circumstances the Court may, however, grant interim measures.
As a matter of practice it only does so where there is a serious
risk of physical harm to the applicant.

The Court will not help you find or pay a lawyer to draw up your
application.
The Court cannot give you any information on legal provisions
in force in the State against which your complaints are directed.

I was concerned for a while that the ECtHR did not understand its own powers. I am however now put at ease to a certain extent by the knowledge that a few members of this forum will be able to correct the ECtHR should the ECtHR err. I am not sure how that mechanism works but I am sure someone will come along shortly to tell us.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2646 on: October 28, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »
their decisions.

application.

I was concerned for a while that the ECtHR did not understand its own powers. I am however now put at ease to a certain extent by the knowledge that a few members of this forum will be able to correct the ECtHR should the ECtHR err. I am not sure how that mechanism works but I am sure someone will come along shortly to tell us.

Who are you thinking of Alice?  8**8:/:
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #2647 on: October 28, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
As I understand it, once an application has been submitted, further dialogue is not allowed .
This being the case, I feel the  mcCanns must be be permanently on tenterhooks - today might be the day they hear something.
How disappointing each day   must be when nothing arrives and how frustrating  that they can't discover what is happening to their application.

This assumes that they haven't yet received their rejection notice.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2648 on: October 28, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »
As I understand it, once an application has been submitted, further dialogue is not allowed .
This being the case, I feel the  mcCanns must be be permanently on tenterhooks - today might be the day they hear something.
How disappointing each day   must be when nothing arrives and how frustrating  that they can't discover what is happening to their application.

This assumes that they haven't yet received their rejection notice.

I think you are misjudging the situation.  In my opinion there can be nothing more important to them than news of Madeleine.  I think that has concentrated their daily ration of 'tenterhooks' since the day and hour Madeleine disappeared.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2649 on: October 28, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »
their decisions.

application.

Some of us are aware of all that.... In fact I was probably one of the only member of the forum who understood on what grounds the McCann's could make an application... Most sceptics believed the hype elsewhere that they had no grounds
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:55:47 PM by Davel »

Offline barrier

« Reply #2650 on: November 02, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »
Just a heads up of I think to the time scale involved,at the moment in the case of López Ribalda and Others v. Spain going to the court again  just for example,The application was lodged with the European Court of Human Rights on 28 December 2012.
The hearing of this took place on 9th January 2018 some 5 yrs and a couple of moths after,don't expect any thing any time soon imo.

In this case article 8 was used the court finding in favour of the applicants, Spain is now appealing that,so its not all cut and dried once a verdict is reached.

For reference hearings in November.

https://echr.coe.int/Pages/home.aspx?p=home
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:48:47 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2651 on: November 02, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
Just a heads up of I think to the time scale involved,at the moment in the case of López Ribalda and Others v. Spain going to the court again  just for example,The application was lodged with the European Court of Human Rights on 28 December 2012.
The hearing of this took place on 9th January 2018 some 5 yrs and a couple of moths after,don't expect any thing any time soon imo.

In this case article 8 was used the court finding in favour of the applicants, Spain is now appealing that,so its not all cut and dried once a verdict is reached.

For reference hearings in November.

https://echr.coe.int/Pages/home.aspx?p=home

One rather feels that a ECHR application is just kicking things into the long grass.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2652 on: November 02, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
One rather feels that a ECHR application is just kicking things into the long grass.

Its certainly not a quick fix.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2653 on: November 02, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »

Obtaining justice is important... However long it takes..

I think the Portuguese verdict was just so unjust it had to be challenged

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2654 on: November 05, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
Obtaining justice is important... However long it takes..

I think the Portuguese verdict was just so unjust it had to be challenged

"Obtaining justice is important... However long it takes"..

I agree with that sentiment entirely.

"I think the Portuguese verdict was just so unjust it had to be challenged"

Based on the evidence provided by the McCanns- I can't agree on this statement. Sorry.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin