Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530707 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2670 on: November 06, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »
Lots of ranting from 'sources'. I too am wondering why this sudden flurry of non news. Perhaps it's nothing more than Nick Pisa needing a payout.
Ranting? What a strange choice of words.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #2671 on: November 06, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
Why after months of silence from the parents are these stories coming out now ? Surely this is old news ? 

Although the narrative of the pieces appears to be their application to the ECHR look a little deeper and the thread that runs through them all is Madeleine is alive and they are not guilty.

I don’t believe that’s a coincidence.

Maybe they've got wind of Amaral taking some kind of action, such as suing the UK press. One of their biggest P.R. tactics IMO is to play the victim and give him the role of the vindictive one.  The ECHR application is a chance to do that, even if they know there's no progress.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2672 on: November 06, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
Maybe they've got wind of Amaral taking some kind of action, such as suing the UK press. One of their biggest P.R. tactics IMO is to play the victim and give him the role of the vindictive one.  The ECHR application is a chance to do that, even if they know there's no progress.

What grounds would amaral... A convicted perjurer and therefore liar........ Have to sue the UK press

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2673 on: November 06, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »

I don’t think this has anything to do with Amaral.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2674 on: November 06, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »
Ranting? What a strange choice of words.

In my opinion this is a rant, the anger and passion are difficult to miss;

“By continuing to spout these wicked lies, Mr Amaral is hampering the official police and public hunt for her. Money rolling in for him from books and DVD’s is almost irrelevant, it’s a side issue.

“Kate and Gerry firmly believe their daughter could still be out there and waiting to be found.

"It’s not about compensation and damages and who wins this amount or not, it is about the truth being accurately portrayed.

"Kate and Gerry don’t care about his money, he may be cashing in on their daughter’s disappearance and their misery, but they ultimate goal is to shut him up.

“If his book can no longer be sold, having once been briefly banned in the past, people can’t read his dreadful lies. If people think Madeleine is dead, as he suggests, why would any searches continue?”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7665071/madeleine-mccanns-parents-slam-ex-cop-who-has-cashed-in-350k-by-accusing-them-of-covering-up-her-death/

The source seems to be repeating assertions made in the Libel trial which the McCanns were unable to prove. They seem to be living in the past.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #2675 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:45 PM »
What grounds would amaral... A convicted perjurer and therefore liar........ Have to sue the UK press

Maybe you don't understand what libel is. The papers print something untrue and anyone can sue them, no matter how 'naughty' others think they have been.

'"The news published by the Daily Mail and other British newspapers about an alleged lawsuit I would have brought against the McCann is completely false. I did not file any lawsuit or demand any compensation from the McCann", Gonçalo Amaral told us, today after questioned about a story published by that tabloid, saying that the McCann may have to pay him 750,000 pounds for compensation because of a complaint filed by him, wiping out the Fund for the search of Maddie.
"The case reported by the 'Daily Mail' concerns a complaint filled by the McCann themselves with the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg against the Portuguese State. If that court decides any compensation must be paid, it can only be the Portuguese State to pay them, McCann, for failures of the Portuguese Justice system. If they lose the case, they will never, under any circumstances, have to pay any compensation to anyone”, said the former investigator of Polícia Judiciária.''

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2018/09/goncalo-amaral-daily-mail-story-is.html

Amarals conviction was based on Cipriano's lies in case you haven't heard, she got 7 months added onto her sentence.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2676 on: November 06, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
In my opinion this is a rant, the anger and passion are difficult to miss;

“By continuing to spout these wicked lies, Mr Amaral is hampering the official police and public hunt for her. Money rolling in for him from books and DVD’s is almost irrelevant, it’s a side issue.

“Kate and Gerry firmly believe their daughter could still be out there and waiting to be found.

"It’s not about compensation and damages and who wins this amount or not, it is about the truth being accurately portrayed.

"Kate and Gerry don’t care about his money, he may be cashing in on their daughter’s disappearance and their misery, but they ultimate goal is to shut him up.

“If his book can no longer be sold, having once been briefly banned in the past, people can’t read his dreadful lies. If people think Madeleine is dead, as he suggests, why would any searches continue?”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7665071/madeleine-mccanns-parents-slam-ex-cop-who-has-cashed-in-350k-by-accusing-them-of-covering-up-her-death/

The source seems to be repeating assertions made in the Libel trial which the McCanns were unable to prove. They seem to be living in the past.
Rant is a negative description, of course you would see it that way.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #2677 on: November 06, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »
"“If his book can no longer be sold, having once been briefly banned in the past, people can’t read his dreadful lies. If people think Madeleine is dead, as he suggests, why would any searches continue?”''

That makes no sense. Scotland Yard were searching for a body 4 years ago and Operation Grange continues.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2678 on: November 06, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »
Maybe you don't understand what libel is. The papers print something untrue and anyone can sue them, no matter how 'naughty' others think they have been.

'"The news published by the Daily Mail and other British newspapers about an alleged lawsuit I would have brought against the McCann is completely false. I did not file any lawsuit or demand any compensation from the McCann", Gonçalo Amaral told us, today after questioned about a story published by that tabloid, saying that the McCann may have to pay him 750,000 pounds for compensation because of a complaint filed by him, wiping out the Fund for the search of Maddie.
"The case reported by the 'Daily Mail' concerns a complaint filled by the McCann themselves with the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg against the Portuguese State. If that court decides any compensation must be paid, it can only be the Portuguese State to pay them, McCann, for failures of the Portuguese Justice system. If they lose the case, they will never, under any circumstances, have to pay any compensation to anyone”, said the former investigator of Polícia Judiciária.''

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2018/09/goncalo-amaral-daily-mail-story-is.html

Amarals conviction was based on Cipriano's lies in case you haven't heard, she got 7 months added onto her sentence.

How so?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2679 on: November 06, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »

I understand what libel is and I understand  the cipriano case... What you have said is totally wrong
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:37:26 PM by Davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2680 on: November 06, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »

You owe me a cite or explanation for how you saw the Cipriano trial transcripts which you alleged in an earlier post.
I think I did also ask if you actually knew what a trial transcript is.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:00:18 PM by Brietta »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2681 on: November 06, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Rant is a negative description, of course you would see it that way.

I loved this bit;

Isn't it too late to shut him up? It's ten years since he released his book. It has been widely read in Portugal, other European countries and on the internet. It wasn't found libelous and they were unable to prove it damaged any investigation or search for their daughter. Shutting Amaral up will make no difference at all to anything at this juncture in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2682 on: November 06, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »
I loved this bit;

Isn't it too late to shut him up? It's ten years since he released his book. It has been widely read in Portugal, other European countries and on the internet. It wasn't found libelous and they were unable to prove it damaged any investigation or search for their daughter. Shutting Amaral up will make no difference at all to anything at this juncture in my opinion.
The McCanns have been partially effective in their goal of shutting up Amaral.  He hasn't published his book in the UK yet.
With a waning interest in the case I'd say a second book will be a flop at this stage.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2683 on: November 06, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »
The McCanns have been partially effective in their goal of shutting up Amaral.  He hasn't published his book in the UK yet.
With a waning interest in the case I'd say a second book will be a flop at this stage.

You have a cite for this, or is it just your opinion ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2684 on: November 06, 2018, 06:34:38 PM »
I loved this bit;

Don't you think it will be very damaging to amaral and Portugal if it's found that Portugal has denied the McCann's their human rights