Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530908 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2805 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »
It's true that there is no Appeal against thr SC judgement. That's nothing to do with the ECHR,

The SC judgement is precisely what the ECHR will look at... They can't overturn it... But they can declare that it breached the mccanns Human Rights and that the book did too... Could that result in the book being banned and prevent amaral making any further comments?... I think it could

Offline barrier

« Reply #2806 on: April 28, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
The SC judgement is precisely what the ECHR will look at... They can't overturn it... But they can declare that it breached the mccanns Human Rights and that the book did too... Could that result in the book being banned and prevent amaral making any further comments?... I think it could

That will do what exactly in the supposed ongoing search into what happened to Madeline McCann?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2807 on: April 28, 2019, 08:38:34 AM »
That will do what exactly in the supposed ongoing search into what happened to Madeline McCann?
Goalpost shifting.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2808 on: April 28, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »

The thread is about theECHR... not the search... Why do feel the need to deflect...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2809 on: April 28, 2019, 08:49:07 AM »
If someone is charged with a criminal offense they are entitled to be presumed innocent until the prosecution has proved them guilty beyond reasonable doubt. This legal protection isn't needed in civil cases because no-one is charged with a criminal offense.

Sometimes defamation consists of stating as a fact that someone is guilty of a crime. Not only does this damage their reputation, it can breach the person's right to the presumption of innocence because only a court can declare someone is guilty and it must be as the result of a fair trial.

The Supreme Court judges didn't say the McCanns were guilty of a crime, so they didn't damage the McCann's right to be presumed innocent.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2810 on: April 28, 2019, 08:49:13 AM »
The thread is about theECHR... not the search... Why do feel the need to deflect...
Run out of argument I expect.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2811 on: April 28, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »
If someone is charged with a criminal offense they are entitled to be presumed innocent until the prosecution has proved them guilty beyond reasonable doubt. This legal protection isn't needed in civil cases because no-one is charged with a criminal offense.

Sometimes defamation consists of stating as a fact that someone is guilty of a crime. Not only does this damage their reputation, it can breach the person's right to the presumption of innocence because only a court can declare someone is guilty and it must be as the result of a fair trial.

The Supreme Court judges didn't say the McCanns were guilty of a crime, so they didn't damage the McCann's right to be presumed innocent.
The SC said they cannot be considered cleared which implies doubtfulness regarding their innocence IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2812 on: April 28, 2019, 08:55:10 AM »

The presumption of innocence applies to those suspected of a crime not just those charged ...amaral implied the mccanns were guilty if a crime... He claimed he could prove Maddie died in the apartment and the death was covered up... The SC supported his right to say that... Defamation.. Denial of the right to presumption of inocence... It couldn't be any clearer

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2813 on: April 28, 2019, 08:57:58 AM »
The SC said they cannot be considered cleared which implies doubtfulness regarding their innocence IMO.

Precisely... Why should the SC comment in this when the mccanns have the right to POI... they don't need to be cleared of anything..

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2814 on: April 28, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »

The SC said that in reply to the McCann's lawyer who claimed that they had been cleared. She was wrong.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2815 on: April 28, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »
The SC said that in reply to the McCann's lawyer who claimed that they had been cleared. She was wrong.
The SC had no right to question the mccanns innocence... Which they did

Offline barrier

« Reply #2816 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
Run out of argument I expect.

There is no argument Mark Saunokonoko of 9News who in another thread was accused of producing absolute rubbish brought up a copied page from the ECHR with a redacted case number telling us absolutley nothing,all of a sudden the the one who accused him of producing rubbish is adamant of what he produced now is spot on,go figure.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2817 on: April 28, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »

It was a genuine question which you can't answer.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2818 on: April 28, 2019, 09:37:37 AM »
It was a genuine question which you can't answer.
LOL, you wanna bet?  It seems you want to provoke Davel to take this thread off topic again, any reason for that?

Offline barrier

« Reply #2819 on: April 28, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
The SC had no right to question the mccanns innocence... Which they did

They questioned the McCanns lawyers interpretation.