Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530812 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2970 on: April 29, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »
Of all those circumstances does not result, in our view, that underlying the book, the documentary and the interview, exists an defamatory intention against the appellants........ the existence of a mere attack ad hominem to the persons of the appellants is not to be prefigured.

you should have realised by now you need to provide  alink...and page number

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2971 on: April 29, 2019, 06:43:35 PM »
What happens when the opinion is the same as the fact?  Is it only opinion or a fact?

if its a fact a link or cite needs to be provided...you should know teh rules by now

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2972 on: April 29, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
in you opinion...its been said to me lots...look like you are biased...but most can see that
In my judgement rather than opinion.  I'm judging what is being said.  You are paranoid about my bias toward you.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2973 on: April 29, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
That would be taking it to the extreme.  Would you consistently comply to that level of compliance?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2974 on: April 29, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
That would be taking it to the extreme.  Would you consistently comply to that level of compliance?

I already have done on several occasions...gunit needs to show where this statement comes from..
gunit actually asked me for a page number and I complied..stop the harrassment
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:00:10 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2975 on: April 29, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »
Which page is that on?

there you are rob..and I complied..only yesterday...im getting close to putting you on ignore again...you deserve it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2976 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:00 PM »
I already have done on several occasions...gunit needs to show where this statement comes from..
gunit actually asked me for a page number and I complied..stop the harrassment
Keep up the good posting then.  Stop picking on me.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2977 on: April 29, 2019, 07:05:30 PM »
Quote from: G-Unit on April 27, 2019, 09:46:14 AM
It's a legal right which protects those charged with a criminal offence. Defamation is a civil offence

You have incorrectly claimed several times that the presumption of innocence does not apply to a civil trial...read below which is an ECHR ruling and you will see you are wrong..

Ruokanen and Others v. Finland
6 April 2010
The applicants were an editor-in-chief and a journalist and a publishing company. They
complained about their conviction of defamation following publication of an article stating
that a student had been raped in September 2000 by members of a baseball team at a
party to celebrate their victory in the Finnish championship. The applicants had been
ordered to pay over 80,000 euros in damages to compensate each member of the
baseball team.
The Court held that there had been no violation of Article 10 (freedom of expression)
of the Convention, finding that the domestic courts had struck a fair balance between the
competing interests involved, i.e. the applicants’ right to freedom of expression and the
Factsheet – Protection of reputation
right to reputation of the alleged perpetrators of a crime. It observed in particular that
imperatives other than matters of public concern had to be weighed up before an
incident was reported by the media to the public as fact. The right to presumption of
innocence and reputation of third parties was of equal importance especially where
serious accusations of sexual misconduct were concerned

if teh SC have denied the mccanns the presumption of innnocence tehn clearly they are in error...so we have absolute confirmation taht the presumption off innocence should be taken into account in a civil defamation case

www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Reputation_ENG.pdf.   page 11
ReplyQuoteNotify

thers another

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2978 on: April 29, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »
Libellous in your opinion but not in the opinion of the Portuguese courts.
I know, crazy isn’t it?! 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2979 on: April 29, 2019, 11:04:11 PM »

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

page 67
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2981 on: April 30, 2019, 07:19:50 AM »
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

page 67

I think your link is incorrect..its from pg 67 of the SC judgeemnt and teh full quote is this..

Of all those circumstances does not result, in our view, that underlying the book, the documentary and the interview, exists an defamatory intention against the appellants, i.e an animus injuriandi, but rather an animus informandi and an animus defendendi. Note*

so its saying in their view there is no malicious intent to defame,,,it is not saying it is not defamatory... So your claim that the court said defamation had not taken place is false

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:08:38 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2982 on: April 30, 2019, 08:45:54 AM »

I think your link is incorrect..its from pg 67 of the SC judgeemnt and teh full quote is this..

Of all those circumstances does not result, in our view, that underlying the book, the documentary and the interview, exists an defamatory intention against the appellants, i.e an animus injuriandi, but rather an animus informandi and an animus defendendi. Note*

so its saying in their view there is no malicious intent to defame,,,it is not saying it is not defamatory... So your claim that the court said defamation had not taken place is false

Where is your evidence that they said it did?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2983 on: April 30, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
Where is your evidence that they said it did?

I've already given it and provided cites
Remember balancing the oans of freedom of speech and honour.. The SC decided free speech eas more important than the McCann's right to a good name... Therefore admitting defamation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2984 on: April 30, 2019, 09:34:39 AM »
I've already given it and provided cites
Remember balancing the oans of freedom of speech and honour.. The SC decided free speech eas more important than the McCann's right to a good name... Therefore admitting defamation
Implying defamation rather than admitting to it IMO.
Moderation