Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530809 times)

Offline The General

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3015 on: May 01, 2019, 09:27:45 AM »
So people who intervene when others are being bullied are not normal in your view?
Real or perceived? We can break moral outrage down if you like?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #3016 on: May 01, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »
Check out the General’s posts.  She’s made 4 sanctimonious references to the kids being left alone in her last 200 posts. I lost the will to check back any further but it shows up her hypocritical stance quite nicely.
Here’s one of the 4

“I imagine the same fascination as to why seemingly sane, responsible parents would habitually leave 3 wee ans alone in an unlocked holiday apartment, all for a jolly old time with friends and colleagues”.

She also found the “hilarious” post about the McCanns loving Tapas more than their children a work of unbridled genius.  She clearly thinks she is morally superior to the McCanns.

I don't see any sanctimony there. It seems pretty factual.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #3017 on: May 01, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
I don't see any sanctimony there. It seems pretty factual.
I'm sure VS will dredge up some sanctimony from me soon. We all do it. It's displaced moral outrage manifested.
The whole concept has been studied for centuries, concerning how society pivots and steers itself morally through time - abolition of slavery, suffrage, worker's rights, little boys not being permitted to crawl up chimneys any more (alas).
Besides, my posts and opinions vary in proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed and are not to be trusted. But you know that already.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3018 on: May 01, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
I'm sure VS will dredge up some sanctimony from me soon. We all do it. It's displaced moral outrage manifested.
The whole concept has been studied for centuries, concerning how society pivots and steers itself morally through time - abolition of slavery, suffrage, worker's rights, little boys not being permitted to crawl up chimneys any more (alas).
Besides, my posts and opinions vary in proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed and are not to be trusted. But you know that already.
At lest you acknowledge you're a hypocrite.  I'm beginning to like you. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3019 on: May 01, 2019, 10:04:40 AM »
Real or perceived? We can break moral outrage down if you like?
Real or perceived does it make a difference?  You see a man slapping a woman in the street.  She is crying.  Do you intervene or walk on by?  In exactly such a circumstance my dad intervened and got a mouthful - from the woman.  Was my dad not normal?  Was he suffering an attack of moral outrage?  Should he have ignored it?  Probably.  It was none of his business, was it? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #3020 on: May 01, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »
At lest you acknowledge you're a hypocrite.  I'm beginning to like you.
I'm no paragon of virtue. I'm a distillation and manifestation of my conditioning. I'm fallible, ignorant, hypocritical, egotistical, immoral, moral, gullible, vulnerable, ignominious, etc, ad nauseum.
....and I already liked you. Takes two to Tango and if there was no light-hearted, moderated jousting to be had here it would be a crappy old place.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3021 on: May 01, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »

Internet plus alcohol - unwise combination  8)><(
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #3022 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »
Real or perceived does it make a difference?  You see a man slapping a woman in the street.  She is crying.  Do you intervene or walk on by?  In exactly such a circumstance my dad intervened and got a mouthful - from the woman.  Was my dad not normal?  Was he suffering an attack of moral outrage?  Should he have ignored it?  Probably.  It was none of his business, was it?
It's a great example - and I've been there, albeit with a different result.

It's a real event, happening in real time. If it's experienced, it's visceral and very real - a 'moral outrage' has been witnessed first hand - psychologists argue that primal instinctive urges come to the fore. It's based on your world view, it's a reaction to the 'moral compass' being impinged upon right in front you.
When 'moral outrage' is perceived, you are considering how you feel out of context. The fight or flight mechanism is diluted, or not triggered, so it's a rational process, again based on your world view / conditioning. The same biological mechanisms are not in play.

feel sorry for your dad now - see, vicarious empathy........

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3023 on: May 01, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »
It's a great example - and I've been there, albeit with a different result.

It's a real event, happening in real time. If it's experienced, it's visceral and very real - a 'moral outrage' has been witnessed first hand - psychologists argue that primal instinctive urges come to the fore. It's based on your world view, it's a reaction to the 'moral compass' being impinged upon right in front you.
When 'moral outrage' is perceived, you are considering how you feel out of context. The fight or flight mechanism is diluted, or not triggered, so it's a rational process, again based on your world view / conditioning. The same biological mechanisms are not in play.

feel sorry for your dad now - see, vicarious empathy........
Haha, it's always happening to my poor old Dad.  Getting stuck in and getting no thanks for it.  He's witnessed a chef go up in flames, been the only one in the restaurant to go to his aid, only for the chef to die a long a protracted agonising death afterwards.  He's driven a hit and run victim to hospital who bled all over his car and wrongly accused him of running him over in the first place, he's chased off Chinese gangsters in the process of administering death by a thousand cuts to a victim only to have him die in his arms too.  A super her my dad, albeit not a very effective one.  Perhaps that's where I get it from....  @)(++(*

Offline The General

« Reply #3024 on: May 01, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »
Haha, it's always happening to my poor old Dad.  Getting stuck in and getting no thanks for it.  He's witnessed a chef go up in flames, been the only one in the restaurant to go to his aid, only for the chef to die a long a protracted agonising death afterwards.  He's driven a hit and run victim to hospital who bled all over his car and wrongly accused him of running him over in the first place, he's chased off Chinese gangsters in the process of administering death by a thousand cuts to a victim only to have him die in his arms too.  A super her my dad, albeit not a very effective one.  Perhaps that's where I get it from....  @)(++(*
Goes by the name of 'lucky'.
That man has had some serious experiences. Fair play to him.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3025 on: August 25, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
This post is in reply to an off-topic post on another thread;

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10882.msg553960#msg553960

In 2009 the Court adopted a new policy concerning the order in which it deals with cases.
Under this policy, the Court takes into consideration the importance and urgency of the issues raised
when deciding the order in which cases are to be dealt with. Thus, the most serious cases and those
which disclose the existence of widespread problems are singled out (categories I, II and III) and
examined as soon as practicable.
https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Stats_understanding_ENG.pdf

Despite the outrage some display about Portugal, it's by no means one of the most complained about. Unlike Italy and Poland it's not in the top ten.
https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Stats_pending_month_2019_BIL.pdf
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3026 on: August 25, 2019, 09:33:24 AM »
The ECHR prioritises those cases brought under Articles 2-5, which cover 'core' rights. They deal with the right to life, the right not to be tortured, not to be enslaved and the right to liberty.

The McCann case is small fry when compared to these cases.

Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3027 on: August 25, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »
These 56.800 applications are the ones that have been approved to advance to the judicial stage.
Does that mean that there many thousands more still awaiting a decision regarding acceptance/rejection of the case ?

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3028 on: August 25, 2019, 09:53:18 AM »
These 56.800 applications are the ones that have been approved to advance to the judicial stage.
Does that mean that there many thousands more still awaiting a decision regarding acceptance/rejection of the case ?

That could well be, because they're not recorded until they are allocated. I think the first step is to inform the state involved. The McCann application is described as 'awaiting first judicial decision' which means  allocated to a judicial formation but not yet disposed of or communicated to the Government concerned.
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3029 on: August 25, 2019, 10:23:15 AM »
One thing I've oft wondered on how many supposed violations can one go to the echr for or is it limited to one.
eg: suppose its article 8,that is being contested is it this they are limited to once an application is made?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.