Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530707 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3225 on: September 01, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »
In this post I haven't claimed they will win I've simply provided proof that the POI applies and that gunit is wrong

Precisely: whatever the outcome of the case Kate and Gerry McCann are without a doubt entitled to the presumption of innocence.  In my opinion the Portuguese Appeal Court judgement specifically denies that to them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #3226 on: September 01, 2019, 06:38:56 PM »
Precisely: whatever the outcome of the case Kate and Gerry McCann are without a doubt entitled to the presumption of innocence.  In my opinion the Portuguese Appeal Court judgement specifically denies that to them.

Oh the irony, especially in the context of your previous post.   @)(++(*
You clearly haven't got over the SC decision
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3227 on: September 01, 2019, 06:42:56 PM »

Oh the irony, especially in the context of your previous post.   @)(++(*
You clearly haven't got over the SC decision

With reference to John's post ... please keep comments general and do not personalise them; I've noted you tend to do this quite often with my posts and others.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3228 on: September 01, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
Defamation is a criminal offence in Portugal is it not?

It can be either. The McCann case was a civil case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3229 on: September 01, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
It can be either. The McCann case was a civil case.
That is not my understanding.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #3230 on: September 01, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
That is not my understanding.

What is your understanding ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3231 on: September 01, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »
What is your understanding ?
That defamation is a criminal offence in Portugal, however damages to reputation can be claimed under civil law.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3232 on: September 01, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
I think sceptics tend to get themselves trapped in a groundhog time warp.

The civil case is over.
Everyone else has moved on to whatever the opinion and judgement of the European Court will be; in my opinion therefore making the past deliberations of the Portuguese judges an historic irrelevance as far as discussion is concerned.

Any evidence that Portugal denied the McCanns their human rights must be taken from the accounts of the proceedings in the Portuguese courts, so those accounts are very relevant.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3233 on: September 01, 2019, 08:11:54 PM »
Another interesting point is that from what I can see the players were never charged with any offence....but the ECHR still ruled they were entitled to the presumption of innocence

A very different case because Amaral described a criminal investigation up to 10th September which culminated in the McCanns being made arguidos. Then he gave his opinion about the facts he described, which is not an offence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3234 on: September 01, 2019, 08:19:44 PM »
A very different case because Amaral described a criminal investigation up to 10th September which culminated in the McCanns being made arguidos. Then he gave his opinion about the facts he described, which is not an offence.
Amaral did more than give opinion. He said he could prove things.
When was the documentary aired... He was still saying it then

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3235 on: September 01, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »

Well the SC judges disagreed with you.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3236 on: September 01, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »
Well the SC judges disagreed with you.

I'm actually stating facts

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3237 on: September 01, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »
Was that "could prove"  dependant on Amaral staying in the role?  Once they took him off the job his ability to "prove" a case against the McCanns dropped to zero.

He isn't actually saying he "has the proof", for if he had the proof it wouldn't be libel.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3238 on: September 01, 2019, 09:01:53 PM »
Was that "could prove"  dependant on Amaral staying in the role?  Once they took him off the job his ability to "prove" a case against the McCanns dropped to zero.

He isn't actually saying he "has the proof", for if he had the proof it wouldn't be libel.

He is actually  saying he has the proof

It's been posted many times..

I the documentary he said... In the next 50 mins I will prove ....that's pretty clear ..

So he is, saying he has the proof.. He is saying he will state it in the documentary... But the evidence he stated didn't prove anything
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:14:25 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3239 on: September 01, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
He is actually  saying he has the proof

It's been posted many times..

I the documentary he said... In the next 50 mins I will prove ....that's pretty clear ..

So he is, saying he has the proof.. He is saying he will state it in the documentary... But the evidence he stated didn't prove anything
Well doesn't he also blame that on poor translation?  He is speaking in Portuguese and we are reading it in English.  You'd have to ask whether the meaning came across properly.
Surely he wouldn't say "I will prove" if he didn't actually have the proof.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.