Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530767 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3240 on: September 01, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
Well doesn't he also blame that on poor translation?  He is speaking in Portuguese and we are reading it in English.  You'd have to ask whether the meaning came across properly.
Surely he wouldn't say "I will prove" if he didn't actually have the proof.
Why wouldnt he..

He thought he could

He did

It's also in the SC judgement.. From the SC judgement..

Gonçalo Amaral who says it, while the narrator at the beginning of the program: "In the next 50 minutes I will prove that the child was not abducted and died in the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz" (N° 41).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:26:16 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3241 on: September 01, 2019, 09:31:16 PM »
Why wouldnt he..

He thought he could

He did

It's also in the SC judgement.. From the SC judgement..

Gonçalo Amaral who says it, while the narrator at the beginning of the program: "In the next 50 minutes I will prove that the child was not abducted and died in the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz" (N° 41).
That is still a translation. Did he approve the subtitles?  Were the subtitles official?  Or are you saying Amaral was narrating that in English?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:33:39 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3242 on: September 01, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »
That is still a translation. Did he approve the subtitles?

I think your argument is ridiculous and absurd

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3243 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:22 PM »
I think your argument is ridiculous and absurd
Didn't he also say his book available on the internet wasn't a good translation?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3244 on: September 01, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »
That is still a translation. Did he approve the subtitles?  Were the subtitles official?  Or are you saying Amaral was narrating that in English?
Prove to me the subtitles were approved by Amaral and I'll agree with you.
Were the subtitles put there by Amaral's agent?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:41:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3245 on: September 01, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
Didn't he also say his book available on the internet wasn't a good translation?

I'm not interested in discussing such a ridiculous idea... It's in the, SC judgement as well.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3246 on: September 01, 2019, 09:44:13 PM »
I'm not interested in discussing such a ridiculous idea... It's in the, SC judgement as well.
I have read that he said his book wasn't translated properly.  OK he might have preferred actual book sales as opposed to free downloads, so it was a marketing ploy to get more sales.

But how do we know if the video was translated 100%?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3247 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »
I have read that he said his book wasn't translated properly.  OK he might have preferred actual book sales as opposed to free downloads, so it was a marketing ploy to get more sales.

As I said... My last word to you on the subject... I'm not interested in discussing such a ridiculous idea

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3248 on: September 01, 2019, 09:50:34 PM »
As I said... My last word to you on the subject... I'm not interested in discussing such a ridiculous idea
OK let's all wait for the ECHR to make its ruling then and say no more till then.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3249 on: September 01, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
OK let's all wait for the ECHR to make its ruling then and say no more till then.

I will say what I like on the subject... You can do as you wish

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3250 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:37 PM »
I will say what I like on the subject...
Well so you will and I'll remind you of the translation issue if necessary.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3251 on: September 01, 2019, 09:58:42 PM »
Well so you will and I'll remind you of the translation issue if necessary.
And I will simply ignore you... That's life

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3252 on: September 01, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »

I know the translations of the judgements have been criticised by some. Who knows who translated the book and the DVD. Funny how mistranslation is only suspected when it's the McCann's and their friend's statements are discussed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3253 on: September 01, 2019, 10:07:51 PM »
I know the translations of the judgements have been criticised by some. Who knows who translated the book and the DVD. Funny how mistranslation is only suspected when it's the McCann's and their friend's statements are discussed.
That's what I thought too.  Now the argument is reverse.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3254 on: September 01, 2019, 10:11:56 PM »
And I will simply ignore you... That's life
I like that  &^&*%
Moderation