Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530776 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3285 on: September 02, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »
The claims made by the McCanns to the Portuguese courts are what the ECHR will look at.
It is certainly interesting question.  I just wish I had the brain power you two have to deal with it.  Keep going and sort it please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3287 on: September 02, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »
https://context.reverso.net/translation/portuguese-english/eu+vou+provar-te

Depends what is meant by show.. Can you define what they mean by show..
Imo you are playing semantics.
If I'm asked to show that the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides.. Then show equals prove.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3288 on: September 02, 2019, 08:49:33 PM »
Depends what is meant by show.. Can you define what they mean by show..
Imo you are playing semantics.
If I'm asked to show that the square on the hypotenuse equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides.. Then show equals prove.
Would it make a difference to the case if it was argued it meant "show" rather than "prove"?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3289 on: September 02, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »
The claims made by the McCanns to the Portuguese courts are what the ECHR will look at.

I really don't think you understand the process at all... It reminds me of ..the only thing worse than lack of knowledge is the assumption of knowledge... Which imo describes your post to a tee.

Are you really not aware you are stating your opinion not fact

And I'm not sure what.. If anything... You are basing your opinion  on

Offline jassi

« Reply #3290 on: September 02, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »
It is certainly interesting question.  I just wish I had the brain power you two have to deal with it.  Keep going and sort it please.

Nothing will be resolved until the ECHR announce their decision.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3291 on: September 02, 2019, 08:54:33 PM »
Would it make a difference to the case if it was argued it meant "show" rather than "prove"?

The word provar in this instance has been translated by at least two sceptics as prove.. And as I've pointed out... Show.. and demonstrate in this context also means prove

I really can hear the barrel being scraped

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3292 on: September 02, 2019, 08:56:55 PM »

Nothing will be resolved until the ECHR announce their decision.

I agree.. I'm just giving my opinion... It's gunit who seems to think she knows exactly what's going to be accepted

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3293 on: September 02, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
I really don't think you understand the process at all... It reminds me of ..the only thing worse than lack of knowledge is the assumption of knowledge... Which imo describes your post to a tee.

Are you really not aware you are stating your opinion not fact

And I'm not sure what.. If anything... You are basing your opinion  on
And you are getting very annoyingly close to making ad hom arguments.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3294 on: September 02, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »
The word provar in this instance has been translated by at least two sceptics as prove.. And as I've pointed out... Show.. and demonstrate in this context also means prove

I really can hear the barrel being scraped
You didn't answer my question.
I asked "Would it make a difference to the case if it was argued it meant "show" rather than "prove"?".
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #3295 on: September 02, 2019, 09:18:40 PM »
I asked "Would it make a difference to the case if it was argued it meant "show" rather than "prove"?".

Of course it wouldn't.
Its just argument for the sake of it - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3296 on: September 02, 2019, 09:25:24 PM »
And you are getting very annoyingly close to making ad hom arguments.

Gunit has, repeatedly stated, as opinion as fact... As Eleanor has pointed out

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3297 on: September 02, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »

As long as you describe my posts, as, annoying I won't answer your question..

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3298 on: September 02, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
As long as you describe my posts, as, annoying I won't answer your question..
Even more annoyance.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3299 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
Even more annoyance.

Could you address gunits continued statement of opinion as fact