Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530771 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3870 on: February 10, 2021, 02:14:23 PM »
Sorry Kizzy, but it is absurd to think anything else IMO from experience

No problem Sadie no need to apologise- you have a right to your opinion same as us all

Sadie opinion is based on personal experience... That should make it more valid

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3871 on: February 10, 2021, 02:17:02 PM »
Not forgetting the harm Maddie suffered whatever happened because of the mccs actions.

IMO reputation has always come first with them ...seems ECHR might just recognise that IMO

That won't come into it at all... Are you speculating

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3872 on: February 10, 2021, 02:18:06 PM »
Hi Sadie. I was aware you lost your child to a brain tumour. How sad.. My brother went through the same. It's something you come to terms with but never get over. You don't seem to be getting much sympathy here.

You don't seem to be getting much sympathy here.

How arrogant IMO.

I doubt very much  Sadie was looking ,,,for sympathy.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3873 on: February 10, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »
That won't come into it at all... Are you speculating

No ...just keeping on topic with ECHR ...to keep you happy lol

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3874 on: February 10, 2021, 02:23:56 PM »
You don't seem to be getting much sympathy here.

How arrogant IMO.

I doubt very much  Sadie was looking ,,,for sympathy.

Just an observation

Offline jassi

« Reply #3875 on: February 10, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
These Judges of The First Instance are a waste of space, doncha know.  I don't know why Portugal bothers with them at all, at all.

Same reason that other countries have them, so as not to clog up the higher court with trivia.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3876 on: February 10, 2021, 02:33:38 PM »
Oh right, so are you're saying that without the court case no one would have considered any other possibility than abduction?

There was a huge effort by the McCanns, their friends and family to 'sell' the abduction as a fact. It didn't work on everyone and imo the court case highlighted it's lack of a factual basis to even more people.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3877 on: February 10, 2021, 02:38:07 PM »
There was a huge effort by the McCanns, their friends and family to 'sell' the abduction as a fact. It didn't work on everyone and imo the court case highlighted it's lack of a factual basis to even more people.

What about the lack of factual basis for amarals book

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3878 on: February 10, 2021, 02:44:32 PM »
Same reason that other countries have them, so as not to clog up the higher court with trivia.
Eh?  If this was so trivial why did it go to a higher court?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3879 on: February 10, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »
I'd say you're talking absolute rubbish from start to finish.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3880 on: February 10, 2021, 02:48:04 PM »
Quite.  There was a huge effort to sell parental involvement as fact by Amaral, no need for quote marks round the sell bit, he actually did sell it and got rich on it, despite the complete absence of hard evidence for his theory.  Apparently that's allowed though, even positively encouraged.  It's a crazy old world.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3881 on: February 10, 2021, 02:51:30 PM »

Well seems their efforts gave the book publicity that money couldn't buy.

IMO they seemed to focus more on the book than the search for Maddie.

When

80. The facts related to the criminal investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance that the defendant Gonçalo Amaral refers to in the book, in an interview with the newspaper CdM and in the documentary are mostly facts that occurred and are documented in this investigation.  (n° 27 and 28)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3882 on: February 10, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
If they failed to prove the harm why did the judge in the first instance recognise the harm the parents had suffered?

Beats me;

13. Because of the statements made by defendant Gonçalo Amaral in the book, in the documentary and in the interview to Correio
       da Manhã, authors Kate McCann and Gerald McCann suffer permanent anguish, insomnia, lack of appetite, anxiety and irritability,   
       preoccupation and indefinable fear?

Proved.

The judge adds that this psychological state is predates the book launch, the documentary and the interview and was not caused by them.

Nonetheless, it is not unreasonable to believe that the book, the documentary and the interview had an effect on the
       couple, i.e. It had an effect but that is to be expected.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5931.msg213863#msg213863
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3883 on: February 10, 2021, 02:55:00 PM »

His factual basis was the investigation up to 10th September 2007.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3884 on: February 10, 2021, 02:56:14 PM »
Well seems their efforts gave the book publicity that money couldn't buy.

IMO they seemed to focus more on the book than the search for Maddie.

When

80. The facts related to the criminal investigation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance that the defendant Gonçalo Amaral refers to in the book, in an interview with the newspaper CdM and in the documentary are mostly facts that occurred and are documented in this investigation.  (n° 27 and 28)

Perhaps you still don't realise but the facts Amaral relied on have been discredited and it doesn't represent the facts of the investigation at the time the book was published