Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530817 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3930 on: February 10, 2021, 09:27:16 PM »
There are criteria used to decide which way the balance goes. One of these is the veracity of the evidence.

I've explained just now that amarals evidence is in some instances completely made up. That will go against Portugal
That is why I asked "is the ECHR going to have to examine the evidence then"?   If the SC wasn't interested in the facts of the case what chance does the ECHR have?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3931 on: February 10, 2021, 09:29:51 PM »
That is why I asked "is the ECHR going to have to examine the evidence then"?   If the SC wasn't interested in the facts of the case what chance does the ECHR have?
The ECHR take into account the veracity of the evidence that supports the defamation.. So it follows they will look at the evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3932 on: February 10, 2021, 09:35:57 PM »
Free speech is important. Amaral said the dogs alerted that the ccar key and the boot had been in contact with a dead body. He said the dogs had never failed in over 2oo cases.

If that was true its important that its highlighted and I would support him and not the McCanns... But it isn't true and therefore he has no right to say it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3933 on: February 10, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »
Free speech is important. Amaral said the dogs alerted that the ccar key and the boot had been in contact with a dead body. He said the dogs had never failed in over 2oo cases.

If that was true its important that its highlighted and I would support him and not the McCanns... But it isn't true and therefore he has no right to say it
It would only have to be his honest opinion at the time, wouldn't it?  I can't see then bringing Amaral in to have his opinions to be cross-examined.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:52:19 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3934 on: February 10, 2021, 09:57:09 PM »
It would only have to be his honest opinion at the time, wouldn't it?  I can't see then bringing Amaral in to have his opinions to be cross-examined.
It isn't simply being his honest opinion... It has to be backed by evidence. They don't need to bring him in.. His evidence is obviously fantasy

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3935 on: February 10, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »
It isn't simply being his honest opinion... It has to be backed by evidence. They don't need to bring him in.. His evidence is obviously fantasy
Do you think they will make decisions like that?  Do you think it will like this: "Oh it is obvious Amaral was wrong , so we find in favour of the McCanns."   If they do, well, what a shambles.

Surely they will have to look at how things are quantified before they are balanced.  How do you put a number (a weight) on the various rights?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3936 on: February 10, 2021, 10:20:44 PM »
Do you think they will make decisions like that?  Do you think it will like this: "Oh it is obvious Amaral was wrong , so we find in favour of the McCanns."   If they do, well, what a shambles.

Surely they will have to look at how things are quantified before they are balanced.  How do you put a number (a weight) on the various rights?

Look at page 40 on the cite I gave

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3937 on: February 10, 2021, 10:26:03 PM »
This may help explain further the role of the ECHR.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/50Questions_ENG.pdf
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3938 on: February 10, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »
This may help explain further the role of the ECHR.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/50Questions_ENG.pdf

It says in there that;

The applicant must be, personally and directly, a victim of a violation of the Convention, and must have suffered a significant disadvantage.

I struggle to identify any 'significant disadvantage' suffered by the McCanns because of the actions of the Portuguese state.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3939 on: February 10, 2021, 11:20:49 PM »
It says in there that;

The applicant must be, personally and directly, a victim of a violation of the Convention, and must have suffered a significant disadvantage.

I struggle to identify any 'significant disadvantage' suffered by the McCanns because of the actions of the Portuguese state.
Well you wouldn’t would you?  You don’t believe they’re innocent of the crimes Amaral accused them of in his book, therefore you can’t understand the suffering his book caused them, nor the additional distress that overturning his original guilty verdict would have caused.  When you have been denied justice then that can be considered a “significant disadvantage “.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3940 on: February 11, 2021, 12:55:10 AM »
Well you wouldn’t would you?  You don’t believe they’re innocent of the crimes Amaral accused them of in his book, therefore you can’t understand the suffering his book caused them, nor the additional distress that overturning his original guilty verdict would have caused.  When you have been denied justice then that can be considered a “significant disadvantage “.

Given that they were made arguidos in September 2007, why were they upset in 2008 when Amaral published the details in his book? Was it because they thought they'd been cleared by the archiving dispatch, perhaps?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #3941 on: February 11, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
Laudable really how a news article with out any real or verifiable veracity can bring out such sentences as the ECHR will do this and that when the case being talked about is still at a stage of not even being decided it it's admissible yet.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3942 on: February 11, 2021, 07:16:27 AM »
Given that they were made arguidos in September 2007, why were they upset in 2008 when Amaral published the details in his book? Was it because they thought they'd been cleared by the archiving dispatch, perhaps?
If you can’t understand why they were upset  by the book then there really is no hope of you understanding why anyone has any emotional reaction to anything imo.  This is where a lack of empathy gets you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 07:29:22 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3943 on: February 11, 2021, 08:07:42 AM »
It says in there that;

So you don't understand that being accused of being guilty of several criminal acts would cause any significant harm. I find that very odd

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3944 on: February 11, 2021, 08:13:18 AM »
So you don't understand that being accused of being guilty of several criminal acts would cause any significant harm. I find that very odd
As do I but it does explain something about the sceptic mindset IMO.  Many (most?) sceptics simply cannot or will not see things from the point of view of people for whom they have a visceral dislike.